The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Schneider Trade Is Just What The Fans And Luongo Need?

TwinTelepathy

3.59 GAA, 0.891 SV = really well.

Interesting.

The point is, regardless of how good Luongo was in the past, Schneider is better in the present. If the Canucks can dump Luongo and keep Schneider, great. If the Canucks can trade Schneider for someone amazing, also great.

This is the business of sports.

Nice first post :lol:

Now with regards to Schneider, if this organization trades him, I am done with this team.

That is not a knee-jerk reaction to having just lost in the first round. After 30 years of supporting this team I have seen it all, and among other things, have learned how to just let losses like this roll off my back...

I was not happy about Hodgson being traded. If the rumours are true about him wanting out (or some such situation) then I suppose it had to be done, however the kid was really showing some signs of the player he would become. We lost potentially a very important part of our future with that trade. For what?

Ok, so Cody gets sent on his way. I dealt with that... but a few months later, you're suggesting they trade away what looks to be a goaltender who by all accounts looks like he could very well end up being a star in this league... because..... it bothers Luongo ?!

They had better not. For any reason.

Do you think it was a coincidence that this team TANKED almost immediately after the trade deadline???

It may not have shown directly in the standings, but you could literally feel the air being let out of them right after trade day.

They said all the right things but it was just lip service. They knew the personnel brought in were not an "upgrade" and pretty much gave up at that point.

Anyway, I stand by what I said. If Cory goes, I'm done. Been a member here for over 7 years and will delete my account. If they could possibly even CONSIDER doing something as INCONCEIVABLY STUPID as trading Schneider, they don't deserve my support.

/.

Price and Halak's age difference is two years. Potential? Are you saying that Halak didn't have the potential after single-handedly taking down the Caps and Pens? And you idiots don't seem to realize that I am NOT talking about age, but a goaltending controversy. The situation is still strikingly similar.

the "comparisson" may be "wack" but the comparison isn't.

You knew what i mean if you read the sentence, but you decided to be a douche. But moving on to the actual topic...

Unless were getting Crosby,Giroux, or Toews I dont care what we can get for CS, you dont trade an up n coming stud goaltender infavour of a 33 yr old declining goaltender whose had a history of playoff meltdowns and has a lifetime contract.

The situation here is not similar at all, one is a declining player and the other one is an up coming stud goaltender? I dont see the similarity at all...

Now if you compare this situation to the one Anaheim had 4-5 years ago when Hiller outplayed Giguere, then yea I can see it.

The situation here is not similar at all, one is a declining player and the other one is an up coming stud goaltender? I dont see the similarity at all...

Now if you compare this situation to the one Anaheim had 4-5 years ago when Hiller outplayed Giguere, then yea I can see it.

Oh wait now were talking about jeering now are we? :lol:

You're obviously a Luongo fan boy whose in denial that his idol's spotlight is being taken away by CS. I get it, you're not alone, theres 100 "poor Luongo" threads in here.

Were entering a CS era, but i like this cute little thread you made though, a nice positive spin on getting rid of CS instead of the mental midget, playoff choker and big baby Luongo. :)

Archived