Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Ot Goal Was Soft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

#1 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

How many people when they saw it thought wow what a weak goal for an OT winner. In game 4 people were saying that Lu would have never made the penalty shot save, but on the flip side it is fair to say that Lu wouldn't have been scored on like that in an OT.

Interesting in the media that what seems clearly a bad goal has not been called that.

#2 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

How many people when they saw it thought wow what a weak goal for an OT winner. In game 4 people were saying that Lu would have never made the penalty shot save, but on the flip side it is fair to say that Lu wouldn't have been scored on like that in an OT.

Interesting in the media that what seems clearly a bad goal has not been called that.

It was a 2 on 1, what do you expect?? I don't think it was a weak goal. If Schneider woudl have stopped it, it would have been considered a "Scoring chance." But L.A pushed hard, and they deserved the win. Schneider did what he could do. The team needed 2 goals to win, and we coudn't even score 2.......

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#3 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wow.
Really?

Edited by Stefan, 23 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#4 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

You're soft.

#5 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

This is the first time I have heard anyone call it a bad goal on Schneider's part.
Posted Image

#6 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

not a soft goal. a laser to the top corner from nearly point blank.that's a tough one to stop when you can't come out to far to challenge because it's a 2 on 1, not a breakaway.

#7 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 81,022 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

You're saying it was Schneider's fault?

:picard:

307mg00.jpg

#8 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

so were the canucks in game one falling down left and right

cant not show up for the first two games in a series and expect to win

Edited by cIutch, 23 April 2012 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

:sadno: :picard:

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#10 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

Gheesh...Cory allows 1 goal per 60 minutes and some fan wants to hang the loss on him!

Unbelieveble! or maybe not!

The problem with the Nucks against LA was the same as it was last year in the playoffs...their core group's ability to apply offensive zone pressure and convert scoring chances was non-existent.

Any team in this league would take a 1 GAA goalie in the playoffs. If you can't outscore an opponent when your goalie only gives up 1 goal per game, you deserve an early exit.

#11 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

bad, soft, weak, inexperienced take your pick - no it's not Cory's fault, but it doesn't negate the previous adjectives.

Edited by samurai, 23 April 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#12 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

bad, soft, weak, inexperienced take your pick - no it's not Cory's fault, but it doesn't negate the previous adjectives.

none of those adjectives match the reality of that goal

#13 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

It's a save Lu would have made

#14 b-mo

b-mo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

lol wtf. not a weak goal at all. first goal was a pretty big gaffe by schneider though overplaying the shooter
Posted Image

#15 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

I thought both goals were his mistakes... but yes his penalty shot save was "good", would have been a "great" save if they won the game.

Edited by puckluv, 23 April 2012 - 10:10 PM.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#16 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

He gave Stoll too much to look at - that was obvious before he even shot.

#17 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

The first goal he over-committed on the shot but whatever, he doesn't and it's an empty net.

The OT goal? A snipe laser to the top corner? Yeaaaah you're a brain dead chimp

#18 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Honestly guys, not blaming Schneider AT ALL, he was the reason it went to OT, but seriously, Lu would have saved that particular shot. I think that was what the OP was getting at. Lu is bigger, and covers more of the net, all he would have to do is move his glove a little.
Posted Image

#19 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I thought both goals were his mistakes... but yes his penalty shot save was "good", would have been a "great" save if they won the game.

So I guess anything short of a shutout just isn't good enough for you eh? Game 4 he stopped 43 of 44...last night 36 of 37 but the goals were his fault.

You're a star, you are!!!

#20 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Dude if you watch it again and if you watched it at the time you could see too much space available thus inviting a to shot which is exactly what Stoll did.

#21 Copeland

Copeland

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

He gave Stoll too much to look at - that was obvious before he even shot.

He had to because there was still a pass option!!!!! :picard: I wish more people played goalie even casually so they wouldn't be so clueless.
Goalies are the divas of the hockey world.

Enforcer: "Without me, most would agree, the game would devolve into a-nar-chy." (from Score!)

#22 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,694 posts

Honestly guys, not blaming Schneider AT ALL, he was the reason it went to OT, but seriously, Lu would have saved that particular shot. I think that was what the OP was getting at. Lu is bigger, and covers more of the net, all he would have to do is move his glove a little.

But many of the previous 26 saves Lu may not have had and ther ewouldn't have been an OT. That whole argument is just ridiculous!

#23 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Lou could not have stopped that with a sheet of plywood !!!

#24 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Dude if you watch it again and if you watched it at the time you could see too much space available thus inviting a to shot which is exactly what Stoll did.

WELL ANALYZED!

#25 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yes Jeff that is my point - plus also saying that Cory is still somewhat inexperienced - and his positioning on the play is poor.

Edited by samurai, 23 April 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#26 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

that would have been REALLY hard to do, considering the shot went in blocker side... unless lou had his arms crossed at the time.

#27 Vertikal

Vertikal

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

It wasn't a great goal to let in, Schneids wasn't in very good position but than again salo was in no mans land. I think what the Op is getting at is that the fan base doesn't blame Schneids for goals that we would run Lui out of town for allowing.
We'll always remember you Bobby Lu!

QUOTE (Spinnaker @ Sep 11 2008, 07:08 AM)
"Watching Burrows play is like watching Gladiator for the first time. It's kinda badass."

#28 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

It wasn't a great goal to let in, Schneids wasn't in very good position but than again salo was in no mans land. I think what the Op is getting at is that the fan base doesn't blame Schneids for goals that we would run Lui out of town for allowing.

yes exactly

#29 Go Canucks Go Go

Go Canucks Go Go

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

I don't think the OT goal is soft but hard to say whether Lu can stop it or not. I personally think it's pointless to "compare" which shot can be stopped only by Schneider or Luongo. However, I do think if it was Lu in net letting in the OT goal, he would have received more criticism than Schneider.

#30 Canucksftw0205

Canucksftw0205

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

Even if it was a soft goal, everyone is entitled to mistakes. Even Cory Schneider can't be perfect. He did amazingly and everything in his power to help this team win. But what can you do when your own team can't even do justice for your excellent performance? Cory did so much to move this team along, the boys just couldn't pull it together to win.
Respect your Edler! Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.