The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ot Goal Was Soft

samurai

Honestly guys, not blaming Schneider AT ALL, he was the reason it went to OT, but seriously, Lu would have saved that particular shot. I think that was what the OP was getting at. Lu is bigger, and covers more of the net, all he would have to do is move his glove a little.

Honestly guys, not blaming Schneider AT ALL, he was the reason it went to OT, but seriously, Lu would have saved that particular shot. I think that was what the OP was getting at. Lu is bigger, and covers more of the net, all he would have to do is move his glove a little.

It wasn't a great goal to let in, Schneids wasn't in very good position but than again salo was in no mans land. I think what the Op is getting at is that the fan base doesn't blame Schneids for goals that we would run Lui out of town for allowing.

It wasn't a great goal to let in, Schneids wasn't in very good position but than again salo was in no mans land. I think what the Op is getting at is that the fan base doesn't blame Schneids for goals that we would run Lui out of town for allowing.

How many people when they saw it thought wow what a weak goal for an OT winner. In game 4 people were saying that Lu would have never made the penalty shot save, but on the flip side it is fair to say that Lu wouldn't have been scored on like that in an OT.

Interesting in the media that what seems clearly a bad goal has not been called that.

Even if it was a soft goal, everyone is entitled to mistakes. Even Cory Schneider can't be perfect. He did amazingly and everything in his power to help this team win. But what can you do when your own team can't even do justice for your excellent performance? Cory did so much to move this team along, the boys just couldn't pull it together to win.

yes and that is the main point - is with the last goal nobody questioned if it was poor or not (i think it was) but the fact is as the previous person just mentioned if it had been Lu he would have been blasted. Cory got a free ride - not saying he shouldn't or should just that there is a clear double standard in play in the media and with the fans.

If you could see that goal from behind Schneids and watch it in slo-motion you would see that there was very little room from where the puck was on the stick . The shooter was a right hand shot and that top corner was a more difficult location to shoot to.. Cory was square to the puck...not the man...what the eyes see is not the angle the puck sees !

You can;t cover the whole net and for a right hand shot...it was perfect.

yes and that is the main point - is with the last goal nobody questioned if it was poor or not (i think it was) but the fact is as the previous person just mentioned if it had been Lu he would have been blasted. Cory got a free ride - not saying he shouldn't or should just that there is a clear double standard in play in the media and with the fans.

If you could see that goal from behind Schneids and watch it in slo-motion you would see that there was very little room from where the puck was on the stick . The shooter was a right hand shot and that top corner was a more difficult location to shoot to.. Cory was square to the puck...not the man...what the eyes see is not the angle the puck sees !

You can;t cover the whole net and for a right hand shot...it was perfect.

that would be because cory doesn't let in goals that might be considered "soft" (even though this one wasn't) on a regular basis. once he takes the full time position i'm sure there will be enough instances for people like you to scream for his head on a pike for a supposed "softie", but until then, your blind defense of a goalie in his (apparent) decline can continue and you can continue to complain about double standards all you want, and invent reasons to put down the new kid at any chance, in order to make your favorite seem better by comparison.

Archived