The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ot Goal Was Soft

samurai

How many people when they saw it thought wow what a weak goal for an OT winner. In game 4 people were saying that Lu would have never made the penalty shot save, but on the flip side it is fair to say that Lu wouldn't have been scored on like that in an OT.

Interesting in the media that what seems clearly a bad goal has not been called that.

It was a 2 on 1, what do you expect?? I don't think it was a weak goal. If Schneider woudl have stopped it, it would have been considered a "Scoring chance." But L.A pushed hard, and they deserved the win. Schneider did what he could do. The team needed 2 goals to win, and we coudn't even score 2.......

I'll give Schneider the pass, considering his GAA was less than 2 and Save % well over 0.920.

This mistake was on Hamhuis and the defensive coaching style - we should not encourage our defencemen to make dangerous plays like Hamhuis did up the ice and carry it out as opposed to the safe play, especially in OT when our season is on the line. This series was not lost by goaltending at all.

It's rediculous the amount of speculation goes into the goaltending situation when our real problem is this brutal defence, yet no one talks of them at all. Bieksa, Hamhuis and Edler were all terrible in the playoffs and these are supposed to be our big 3. Either change the defensive coaching system, staff or get rid of some of these players for bigger, safer shutdown defencemen.

This is just a troll thread. The fan base here takes the bait way too easy.

You guys are suckers, a few clowns come in and stir the pot with Cory and some of guys think its legitimate criticism from real fans. :picard:

I know for a fact there are many troll fans from other teams that flame these boards.

The soft play was by Hamhuis not our goalie.

i'm looking forward to seeing the changes this team makes in the offseason, i have some faith that they will make some key moves in the offseason.

This team will come back strong.

lol the same quote many Canuck fans have said when Lu plays, but Lu got bashed saying he has to keep the team in it....Now everyone realizes how big of a problem goal scoring was and last SCF with Lu in net. 8 goals in 7 games, still forced a game 7.

I'll give Schneider the pass, considering his GAA was less than 2 and Save % well over 0.920.

This mistake was on Hamhuis and the defensive coaching style - we should not encourage our defencemen to make dangerous plays like Hamhuis did up the ice and carry it out as opposed to the safe play, especially in OT when our season is on the line. This series was not lost by goaltending at all.

It's rediculous the amount of speculation goes into the goaltending situation when our real problem is this brutal defence, yet no one talks of them at all. Bieksa, Hamhuis and Edler were all terrible in the playoffs and these are supposed to be our big 3. Either change the defensive coaching system, staff or get rid of some of these players for bigger, safer shutdown defencemen.

Schneider had to respect that Stoll was going to pass... so, no. It was not a weak goal. If you're going to lay blame, blame the 4 guys (Can't remember who, but I believe Edler, Ballard and Henrik were there..) that couldn't stop, push or cover Richardson out of the crease and essentially, handed him the opportunity to throw in Doughty's pass which tied the game and led to OT.

But, seriously... is it news that the goalie gets the blame when the team infront of him failed to score? I guess it is new, because instead of Luongo... its Schneider on the receiving end. So frustrating! I really wonder what game some fans watch.

Schneider had to respect that Stoll was going to pass... so, no. It was not a weak goal. If you're going to lay blame, blame the 4 guys (Can't remember who, but I believe Edler, Ballard and Henrik were there..) that couldn't stop, push or cover Richardson out of the crease and essentially, handed him the opportunity to throw in Doughty's pass which tied the game and led to OT.

But, seriously... is it news that the goalie gets the blame when the team infront of him failed to score? I guess it is new, because instead of Luongo... its Schneider on the receiving end. So frustrating! I really wonder what game some fans watch.

Archived