The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ot Goal Was Soft

samurai

pretty sure on a 2 on 1 you challenge the shooter and leave the pass to the defensemen.. so if he's indeed backing in playing the pass like you mentioned.. then he played it wrong.. but he didn't.. just didn't challenge enough that's all, not a great goal, but definitely not a poor goal either. 4 goals against in 3 games means nothing. Luongo gave up 2 goals in 3 games in the SCF when we probably easily coulda lost in all 3 of those games if any other goalie played and gives up just 1 or 2 goals per. what do ppl remember? Luongo choked, not Luongo carried the canucks to game 7, with our anemic offense in the SCF we were lucky to even have a chance to clinch considering how many goals/offense we were able to generate... it was Luongo costing the Canucks a stanley cup instead of Luongo gave the team a chance of the cup. Sorry without Luongo in the finals we wouldn't have those 3 wins with a chance to win. So if all the retards take off their bias sunglasses.. it should be Luongo gave the Canucks a chance at clinching the cup, not Luongo choked the cup away.

As for last year's SCF, in my opinion, if Schneider was in net last year ... we would have won the cup already. Although Luongo played well at home ... he was horribly inconsistent in Boston. Schneider (same age as Quick) was ready for prime time last year. He would have been just as good as Luongo at home; but Schneider would have been much better than Luongo in Boston.

It was the coach's fault last year for stubbornly sticking with an inconsistent #1 goalie when all indications suggest we should have shared the load more with Schneider last year in the playoffs.

It was definitely a pretty soft goal, but the turnover that lead to it pretty much hung Schneider out to dry.

But I would posit that that one goal does not define Schneider's play-off performance, and the series was pretty much over by the time AV decided CS gave them the best chance to win. How would the series have turned out if he started all of the games?

We'll never know.

And his performance in the other two games was lights out. And he was playing pretty great up until the OT goal.

I know what you're doing. You're turning the "Lou gives up soft goals" thing around on CS.

But it's not any one of Lou's shortcomings that many of the so called "Lou bashers" give as a reason to go with CS instead of Lou. It's the sum of them. And not even so much that as CS's overall better play.

Not many of the Schneider supporters think Lou "suckz". And even less believe CS is perfect.

I, for one, think Schneider is the goalie of the future and that Lou, while a great goaltender, is on a downwoard trajectory whereas CS is on an upward trajectory.

Pointing out one of a very few soft goals isn't going to change my mind about Schneider, and it's definitely not going to make me turn a blind eye to the body of work of either goalie.

Do you remember when we lost to the Yotes in a SO and Lu let in a Ray Whitney laser over Lu's shoulder? Shorty said "with a shot like that, there is not a goalie in the league who can stop it." This was one of THOSE shots. Pin point accuracy with the velocity of a cannon. It was the PERFECT shot in that scenario. How about blame Hammer for trying to skate out of the zone like Bobby Orr rather than pass it up the boards? This was far from Schneid's fault.

Bad goal???? How do you figure, That was a perfect shot on a two on one!!!

Honestly!!!!!

The Nucks deserved to lose, once again poop effort and no work ethic has cost our team!!!!

AV failed to motivate his team, as well our Captain failed to lead our team, and by that i mean that Hank did not step up to the plate physically, he was continuously bounced around, not all his fault either because no one on this team stepped up to defend their captain!!!!

This team played without purpose, determination, grit, and heart, I am not angry or dispointed at losing to LA because LA played like winners and deserved to win, I am disapointed with how our team lost.

Just a quick side question........ Dose anyone know where Kesler went in this series???????

Trying to spot Kesler on the ice was like the book "wheres waldo"

Will be interesting to see what MG does in the off season!!

The first goal Schneider followed the shooter figuring one of three Nucks in front could take the pass but left Corey out to dry. On the OT goal, Corey was forced to cheat a bit and Stoll had a perfect shot. Nucks did not deserve to win this series, not even close.

Do you remember when we lost to the Yotes in a SO and Lu let in a Ray Whitney laser over Lu's shoulder? Shorty said "with a shot like that, there is not a goalie in the league who can stop it." This was one of THOSE shots. Pin point accuracy with the velocity of a cannon. It was the PERFECT shot in that scenario. How about blame Hammer for trying to skate out of the zone like Bobby Orr rather than pass it up the boards? This was far from Schneid's fault.

Why do you so -called fans feel it necessary to cast blame on the goalies? That goal wasn't soft. It was a good shot. Would Lou have stopped it. Maybe? Maybe not? All goalies let in "soft" goals occasionally, they also stop ones they have no business stopping. We have been blessed with an "elite" goalie for the past 6 years and now are benefiting from a seasoned back-up (1b) who just might reach "elite' status. Can't we just be happy to have a great tandem than run one out of town?

It isn't so long ago we were dealing with goalies of the future such as Kevin Weekes, Alex Auld and the AHL "elite" Martin Brochu. Luongo is the "best" goalie we have ever had bar none. Schneider maybe the "real" goalie of the future. Our goaltending is not an issue.

How many people when they saw it thought wow what a weak goal for an OT winner. In game 4 people were saying that Lu would have never made the penalty shot save, but on the flip side it is fair to say that Lu wouldn't have been scored on like that in an OT.

Interesting in the media that what seems clearly a bad goal has not been called that.

Archived