Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Ot Goal Was Soft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

#31 Cannucker

Cannucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

If Luo was in net it would mean he played in game 4.....meaning there would be no game 5 because Schneids was the reason we won that game

#32 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

yes and that is the main point - is with the last goal nobody questioned if it was poor or not (i think it was) but the fact is as the previous person just mentioned if it had been Lu he would have been blasted. Cory got a free ride - not saying he shouldn't or should just that there is a clear double standard in play in the media and with the fans.

#33 Canucks5520

Canucks5520

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

A giveaway in the neutral zone, followed by a 2 on 1 where Stoll goes f*ckin snipe show, and its Schneiders fault.... wow. Just wow.

#34 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

If you could see that goal from behind Schneids and watch it in slo-motion you would see that there was very little room from where the puck was on the stick . The shooter was a right hand shot and that top corner was a more difficult location to shoot to.. Cory was square to the puck...not the man...what the eyes see is not the angle the puck sees !
You can;t cover the whole net and for a right hand shot...it was perfect.

#35 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,763 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

bad, soft, weak, inexperienced take your pick - no it's not Cory's fault, but it doesn't negate the previous adjectives.

:picard: I don't you know what a 'snipe' is.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#36 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,033 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

yes and that is the main point - is with the last goal nobody questioned if it was poor or not (i think it was) but the fact is as the previous person just mentioned if it had been Lu he would have been blasted. Cory got a free ride - not saying he shouldn't or should just that there is a clear double standard in play in the media and with the fans.

that would be because cory doesn't let in goals that might be considered "soft" (even though this one wasn't) on a regular basis. once he takes the full time position i'm sure there will be enough instances for people like you to scream for his head on a pike for a supposed "softie", but until then, your blind defense of a goalie in his (apparent) decline can continue and you can continue to complain about double standards all you want, and invent reasons to put down the new kid at any chance, in order to make your favorite seem better by comparison.

#37 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

If you could see that goal from behind Schneids and watch it in slo-motion you would see that there was very little room from where the puck was on the stick . The shooter was a right hand shot and that top corner was a more difficult location to shoot to.. Cory was square to the puck...not the man...what the eyes see is not the angle the puck sees !
You can;t cover the whole net and for a right hand shot...it was perfect.

Thank you for understanding what the goalie inquisition here doesn't.

#38 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

that would be because cory doesn't let in goals that might be considered "soft" (even though this one wasn't) on a regular basis. once he takes the full time position i'm sure there will be enough instances for people like you to scream for his head on a pike for a supposed "softie", but until then, your blind defense of a goalie in his (apparent) decline can continue and you can continue to complain about double standards all you want, and invent reasons to put down the new kid at any chance, in order to make your favorite seem better by comparison.

Are you okay?

#39 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

It was not a soft goal and Lu would not have made that save.

#40 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

If that had been Luongo, it would have gone in his massive five hole.

#41 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,187 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

It was a great shot, a top corner snipe on a 2-on-1.

#42 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

How many people when they saw it thought wow what a weak goal for an OT winner. In game 4 people were saying that Lu would have never made the penalty shot save, but on the flip side it is fair to say that Lu wouldn't have been scored on like that in an OT.

Interesting in the media that what seems clearly a bad goal has not been called that.

you need to put the bottle away and come back in the morning. i bet you you'll facepalm at this **** you wrote

#43 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Willie Mitchell had him beat with a wide open net a minute prior and failed miserably, it should have ended there.

#44 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

It was a 2 on 1, what do you expect?? I don't think it was a weak goal. If Schneider woudl have stopped it, it would have been considered a "Scoring chance." But L.A pushed hard, and they deserved the win. Schneider did what he could do. The team needed 2 goals to win, and we coudn't even score 2.......

lol the same quote many Canuck fans have said when Lu plays, but Lu got bashed saying he has to keep the team in it....Now everyone realizes how big of a problem goal scoring was and last SCF with Lu in net. 8 goals in 7 games, still forced a game 7.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#45 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

A giveaway in the neutral zone, followed by a 2 on 1 where Stoll goes f*ckin snipe show, and its Schneiders fault.... wow. Just wow.

Can't blame Schnieds at all....but its funny now Schnieds gets the easy out. You sound exactly of how ppl defended Lu but he still got blammed. You would not have stated that excuse if Lu was the one in net and you and many others know it.

I can see the turn around of fans already, its funny.

All i can say is if Schnieds is kept it will be an interesting season with the fans.

Edited by cmpunk, 23 April 2012 - 11:22 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#46 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'll give Schneider the pass, considering his GAA was less than 2 and Save % well over 0.920.

This mistake was on Hamhuis and the defensive coaching style - we should not encourage our defencemen to make dangerous plays like Hamhuis did up the ice and carry it out as opposed to the safe play, especially in OT when our season is on the line. This series was not lost by goaltending at all.

It's rediculous the amount of speculation goes into the goaltending situation when our real problem is this brutal defence, yet no one talks of them at all. Bieksa, Hamhuis and Edler were all terrible in the playoffs and these are supposed to be our big 3. Either change the defensive coaching system, staff or get rid of some of these players for bigger, safer shutdown defencemen.
Posted Image

#47 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

This is just a troll thread. The fan base here takes the bait way too easy.
You guys are suckers, a few clowns come in and stir the pot with Cory and some of guys think its legitimate criticism from real fans. :picard:

I know for a fact there are many troll fans from other teams that flame these boards.

The soft play was by Hamhuis not our goalie.

i'm looking forward to seeing the changes this team makes in the offseason, i have some faith that they will make some key moves in the offseason.

This team will come back strong.

Edited by D.J Ball, 23 April 2012 - 11:27 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#48 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

The goal was a perfect shot. Stoll had a 1% chance to hit that top corner and he did. Schneider played the angle perfectly while respecting the pass.

#49 Van_City123

Van_City123

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

lol the same quote many Canuck fans have said when Lu plays, but Lu got bashed saying he has to keep the team in it....Now everyone realizes how big of a problem goal scoring was and last SCF with Lu in net. 8 goals in 7 games, still forced a game 7.

Well said.

negufo.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck for the awesome sig!

#50 RGC

RGC

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

You gotta be kidding me. Wow, Canucks/Luongo fans are the worst.

#51 SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

The goal was a perfect shot. Stoll had a 1% chance to hit that top corner and he did. Schneider played the angle perfectly while respecting the pass.

Yes! +1

The only thing that's "soft" is the OP.

:)

#52 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Bring...............back................the...............minus boutton!

#53 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Bring...............back................the...............minus boutton!

#54 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

I'll give Schneider the pass, considering his GAA was less than 2 and Save % well over 0.920.

This mistake was on Hamhuis and the defensive coaching style - we should not encourage our defencemen to make dangerous plays like Hamhuis did up the ice and carry it out as opposed to the safe play, especially in OT when our season is on the line. This series was not lost by goaltending at all.

It's rediculous the amount of speculation goes into the goaltending situation when our real problem is this brutal defence, yet no one talks of them at all. Bieksa, Hamhuis and Edler were all terrible in the playoffs and these are supposed to be our big 3. Either change the defensive coaching system, staff or get rid of some of these players for bigger, safer shutdown defencemen.

I agree that those guys played very weak at times (Edler was horrific in most games) but they should stay, they're good and yes, we need to add a couple monster shutdown defensemen.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#55 Femme.Canuck

Femme.Canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Schneider had to respect that Stoll was going to pass... so, no. It was not a weak goal. If you're going to lay blame, blame the 4 guys (Can't remember who, but I believe Edler, Ballard and Henrik were there..) that couldn't stop, push or cover Richardson out of the crease and essentially, handed him the opportunity to throw in Doughty's pass which tied the game and led to OT.

But, seriously... is it news that the goalie gets the blame when the team infront of him failed to score? I guess it is new, because instead of Luongo... its Schneider on the receiving end. So frustrating! I really wonder what game some fans watch.

One City. One Team. One Dream.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

#56 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

You gotta be kidding me. Wow, Canucks/Luongo fans are the worst.

dude i agree its kinda stupid but funny....Can't blame Schnieds one freakin bit, i don't care if the goal was from center ice, he gets no blame...

but the op clearly shows the bias and clear hatred for Lu, because these are the exact statements ppl who defend Lu get flammed for, and you freakin no it. If Schnieds is our guy the fans are all going to be reversed.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#57 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Calling that goal soft is ridiculous. A turnover at your own blueline leading to a 2 on 1?

#58 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

haha dumbest OP ever! That shot was a frozen rope howitzer with laser precision guidance..Cory had no chance and Luongo would have ended up on his ass or face.
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#59 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

troll thread probably Bruins fans don't take the bait.

Edited by D.J Ball, 23 April 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#60 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

Schneider had to respect that Stoll was going to pass... so, no. It was not a weak goal. If you're going to lay blame, blame the 4 guys (Can't remember who, but I believe Edler, Ballard and Henrik were there..) that couldn't stop, push or cover Richardson out of the crease and essentially, handed him the opportunity to throw in Doughty's pass which tied the game and led to OT.

But, seriously... is it news that the goalie gets the blame when the team infront of him failed to score? I guess it is new, because instead of Luongo... its Schneider on the receiving end. So frustrating! I really wonder what game some fans watch.

This is exactly the case...The blame for Lu and Schnieds is such garbage, and this clearly shows you that most of the fans here don't know hockey one bit. I'll admit I've liked Lu since day 1 since his FLA days and will always continue to support, I'm a fan of his. But I know hockey, and Schnieds gets absolute no blame at all. Anyone who blames him, show they no nothing. But this is also been the case for years when Lu gets blammed.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.