Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Ot Goal Was Soft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

#61 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

haha dumbest OP ever! That shot was a frozen rope howitzer with laser precision guidance..Cory had no chance and Luongo would have ended up on his ass or face.

See now ur just hating. Get real. You are the fan that looks for Lu to fail, but like the OP is trying to look for Corey to fail, you guys are both idiotic fans that know nothing lol
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#62 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

troll thread probably Bruins fans don't take the bait.

that would be quite the commitment with almost 1,000 posts
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#63 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

Given that Luo is taller than Schneids, it's conceivable that he would have stopped it. But it'd be a bit (note: A LOT) of a stretch to call that 'soft'. There wasn't that much to shoot at and Stoll killed it.

First goal is clearly the defence's fault. Part of playing goalie/defence is the trust you put into your teammates to cut off the cross crease passes, which the other FOUR canucks in the vicinity of the play failed to do so. It's been discussed in the past during Luongo's struggles; during that time he didn't trust his defence to eliminate the passing lanes which made him cheat from the post a lot more.

#64 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

jesus why did I come here...I must be really bored. See you next season :)
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#65 thebossman

thebossman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Blame hamhuis wtf was he doing

#66 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

It's a save Lu would have made

We do not make it to OT with Luongo in net, so SU

#67 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Pathetic. This is an exemplary post of the average intelligence of die-hard Luongo homers.
Posted Image

#68 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

First goal Schneider overplayed, but the defense should have cleared that instead of going fishing. second goal great shot, at the same time cory prolly shoulda challenged him a bit more, but overall Cory played great. All you retard fans blaming Cory for the goal or even trashing Luongo like if he played we woulda been out in 4 or whatever. Seriously? I'm sure we lost this series coz Luongo and Schneider both sucked.I hope Schneider goes somewhere in the off season to another team followed by Luongo asking for a trade. We are not entitled to either of them nor deserving of either of them.

#69 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

What is really interesting is people are coming on here and saying it was the greatest shot ever and that Cory did not have a chance. Build them up and the later break them down. The benefit of the doubt Lu never gets is that there are shots he can't save. I am impartial to both goalies, like them both. My view now as it was at the time is that Cory played it wrong. Soft is probably not the best term, instead probably poor is better.

I will also say that for all you people thinking Cory is going to be the goalie here next year I would not just assume that. 2 very important reasons

First lu is in fact a elite goalie - finals experience and a gold medal

Second, if you don't like that one this one is even more of a fact. The nucks time is now, they need some obvious pieces that can be got with Cory and his contract and age situation, with Lu you won't get much. The problem is not in the net and that is why Cory will be traded.

#70 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

if people think that was a weak goal no wonder lu gets so much grief. ridiculous standards, sorry to burst your bubble but your wife wont be a supermodel either.

#71 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

if people think that was a weak goal no wonder lu gets so much grief. ridiculous standards, sorry to burst your bubble but your wife wont be a supermodel either.

I have a hot wife

#72 Alcholic9000

Alcholic9000

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

i can't believe I'm hearing this crap, Schneiders fault? Really?
goal 1 : overplayed yes but what about 3 blue sweaters in the front of the net vs 1 white jersey? not one of them can lift the stick or push him out?
goal 2: 2 on 1 cant challange the shooter so you have to back in and that shot would have beaten almost any goalie almost anytime.

get your heads out of you rears... 4 goals against in 3 games!!! .960% save percentage!!! I would take those numbers any day of the week, I dont even care if all 4 of them are weaks goals, if that is all he lets in. Give your head a shake people.

#73 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

goal 1 : overplayed yes but what about 3 blue sweaters in the front of the net vs 1 white jersey? not one of them can lift the stick or push him out?
goal 2: 2 on 1 cant challange the shooter so you have to back in and that shot would have beaten almost any goalie almost anytime.

get your heads out of you rears... 4 goals against in 3 games!!! .960% save percentage!!! I would take those numbers any day of the week, I dont even care if all 4 of them are weaks goals, if that is all he lets in. Give your head a shake people.

pretty sure on a 2 on 1 you challenge the shooter and leave the pass to the defensemen.. so if he's indeed backing in playing the pass like you mentioned.. then he played it wrong.. but he didn't.. just didn't challenge enough that's all, not a great goal, but definitely not a poor goal either. 4 goals against in 3 games means nothing. Luongo gave up 2 goals in 3 games in the SCF when we probably easily coulda lost in all 3 of those games if any other goalie played and gives up just 1 or 2 goals per. what do ppl remember? Luongo choked, not Luongo carried the canucks to game 7, with our anemic offense in the SCF we were lucky to even have a chance to clinch considering how many goals/offense we were able to generate... it was Luongo costing the Canucks a stanley cup instead of Luongo gave the team a chance of the cup. Sorry without Luongo in the finals we wouldn't have those 3 wins with a chance to win. So if all the retards take off their bias sunglasses.. it should be Luongo gave the Canucks a chance at clinching the cup, not Luongo choked the cup away.

#74 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

You missed an O in your name May be intentional? . And yes none of the goals were soft ( just another jealous Lou groupie no doubt)

Edited by Hotdawg, 24 April 2012 - 01:57 AM.

#75 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

We do not make it to OT with Luongo in net, so SU

What does it matter if we made it to OT or not, we lost. Its not reg season where we gain a point for forcing OT.

So Schnieds gets prop for sending it to OT? So if it was a late goal in the 3rd you would be upset but just because we got an extra 4mins of hockey for the goal to happen that is a better way too lose? Your point is stupid, espeically in the playoffs where going to OT doesn't gain us anything.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#76 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:29 AM

If Luo was in net it would mean he played in game 4.....meaning there would be no game 5 because Schneids was the reason we won that game

The lack of logic on these boards is just...wow...

Luongo would've been blasted for letting in an OT goal regardless of kind, and that would be unfair, BUT no matter how you slice it, the OT goal on Cory was not his fault at all. There are 5 people in front of him who were seemingly invisible, and the shot went top corner, what more can you want of him. This series featured how strong our goaltending duo is, and not one of the games were lost because of it.

#77 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

The 1st goal given up by Luongo in game 7 of the SCF on a Marchand shot from a distance was a real soft one. Schneider played only 4 playoff games and he gave his team a chance to win in all 4.

#78 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:16 AM

We had some outstanding chances to win it.............we didn't take them.

That above all is what will bug me for quite a long time. I really thought after 82 league games and 4 playoff games we had finally started to turn our game round.

I felt from game 4 we were working things out, The twins were looking up for the challenge and surely Burr, Kes, Higgins and Hansen couldn't lie dormant for much longer.

We were physical our goalie was tuned in and we were making good chances. I really thought we would win that game and go on to win the series.

That feeling reminds me a lot of game 7 last year. It's not so much an "if only" more of "we should have"
Kevin.jpg

#79 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Why do we constantly rag on our goalies when our forwards/marksmen are really the players who have let us down all year.

FACE IT!

We have had trouble finding the back of the net...........even when 1on 1. We have a couple of players on our team at present who are unable to play across the goalie............preferring the greedy option..........it has hurt us badly.
Kevin.jpg

#80 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:57 AM

Sutter and kings fans on hfboards were discussing 9/10 out of ten stoll misses that shot. Sutter said he see's that great shot in practice but hes been waiting 4 months for him to make that shot. And he did.

Perfect shot, 2 vs 1. Not much he could do.

#81 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

you should be a fortune teller, oh wise one!

#82 jyip

jyip

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

pretty sure on a 2 on 1 you challenge the shooter and leave the pass to the defensemen.. so if he's indeed backing in playing the pass like you mentioned.. then he played it wrong.. but he didn't.. just didn't challenge enough that's all, not a great goal, but definitely not a poor goal either. 4 goals against in 3 games means nothing. Luongo gave up 2 goals in 3 games in the SCF when we probably easily coulda lost in all 3 of those games if any other goalie played and gives up just 1 or 2 goals per. what do ppl remember? Luongo choked, not Luongo carried the canucks to game 7, with our anemic offense in the SCF we were lucky to even have a chance to clinch considering how many goals/offense we were able to generate... it was Luongo costing the Canucks a stanley cup instead of Luongo gave the team a chance of the cup. Sorry without Luongo in the finals we wouldn't have those 3 wins with a chance to win. So if all the retards take off their bias sunglasses.. it should be Luongo gave the Canucks a chance at clinching the cup, not Luongo choked the cup away.

Ok, let me break this down for you guys from a goalie's perspective.

On a 2 on 1, the goalie takes the shooter, the defense takes the pass. However what you don't realize is that although the goalie takes the shooter, the goalie can't come out to challenge the shot as much when its an odd man rush. On an even man rush (1 on 1, 2 on 2) or breakaway the goalie comes out much further to challenge the shot since the odds are, the puck carrier is likely to shot since the other forward(s) is covered. On a odd man rush (2 on 1, 3 on 2 ...), the goalie doesn't come out as far to challenge the shot since he has to stay back a bit to cover the back door. Its standard training for goalies and you learn this in Goalie 101.

On the OT goal, it was one of those perfect laser beam shots against a butterfly goalie (top blocker side). Schneider had the proper angle (in hindsight probably a bit deeper than he would have liked ... but it was Jarret Stoll ... not a sniper, not offense to Stoll, 9 times out of 10, he misses that shot). So as Schneider faces the 2 on 1, he's probably playing the pass a bit more since its the 3rd or 4th line on the ice.

Would Luongo have stopped this shot ... absolutely not. It was a good shot and Luongo probably would've stayed back a bit for the same reasons explained above. Not only that, Luongo has less active blocker/glove hands than Schneider.

As for last year's SCF, in my opinion, if Schneider was in net last year ... we would have won the cup already. Although Luongo played well at home ... he was horribly inconsistent in Boston. Schneider (same age as Quick) was ready for prime time last year. He would have been just as good as Luongo at home; but Schneider would have been much better than Luongo in Boston.

It was the coach's fault last year for stubbornly sticking with an inconsistent #1 goalie when all indications suggest we should have shared the load more with Schneider last year in the playoffs.

#83 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

Soft by hamhuis
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#84 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Great shot by Stoll.. simple as that.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

#85 Hank's Secret Sauce

Hank's Secret Sauce

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

As for last year's SCF, in my opinion, if Schneider was in net last year ... we would have won the cup already. Although Luongo played well at home ... he was horribly inconsistent in Boston. Schneider (same age as Quick) was ready for prime time last year. He would have been just as good as Luongo at home; but Schneider would have been much better than Luongo in Boston.

It was the coach's fault last year for stubbornly sticking with an inconsistent #1 goalie when all indications suggest we should have shared the load more with Schneider last year in the playoffs.

I don't want to get into this debate because it's been beaten to death and does nothing, but I don't think you can say Schneids would've played just as well at home, given that Luongo had two 1-0 wins at home, and the team was completely outmatched in games 3 and 4...no goalie could've gotten those wins with the way the team played.

#86 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Sure but 3 others in the game he would not have.

#87 #2 Ohlund

#2 Ohlund

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

There should be a "lock original poster in an insane asylum" option beside the "like" option.

#88 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Wake up the core player were invisible the whole playoffs except Daniel who was still at the very least a point per game player.
Opps I should say were invisible for 5 games except Kesler had a couple points in game 1

#89 Airjasper

Airjasper

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Schneider let in 3 regulation goals in 3 games, yet the team went 1-2 in those. You can't blame anything on him. He played unreal. That was just a beautiful shot.

#90 drukes1234

drukes1234

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Pretty sure Marchand scored the exact same goal in the exact same area from a worse position on a 1 on 1 to basically end game 6 of the finals before it started.

Lou sucks.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.