The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ot Goal Was Soft

samurai

Given that Luo is taller than Schneids, it's conceivable that he would have stopped it. But it'd be a bit (note: A LOT) of a stretch to call that 'soft'. There wasn't that much to shoot at and Stoll killed it.

First goal is clearly the defence's fault. Part of playing goalie/defence is the trust you put into your teammates to cut off the cross crease passes, which the other FOUR canucks in the vicinity of the play failed to do so. It's been discussed in the past during Luongo's struggles; during that time he didn't trust his defence to eliminate the passing lanes which made him cheat from the post a lot more.

First goal Schneider overplayed, but the defense should have cleared that instead of going fishing. second goal great shot, at the same time cory prolly shoulda challenged him a bit more, but overall Cory played great. All you retard fans blaming Cory for the goal or even trashing Luongo like if he played we woulda been out in 4 or whatever. Seriously? I'm sure we lost this series coz Luongo and Schneider both sucked.I hope Schneider goes somewhere in the off season to another team followed by Luongo asking for a trade. We are not entitled to either of them nor deserving of either of them.

What is really interesting is people are coming on here and saying it was the greatest shot ever and that Cory did not have a chance. Build them up and the later break them down. The benefit of the doubt Lu never gets is that there are shots he can't save. I am impartial to both goalies, like them both. My view now as it was at the time is that Cory played it wrong. Soft is probably not the best term, instead probably poor is better.

I will also say that for all you people thinking Cory is going to be the goalie here next year I would not just assume that. 2 very important reasons

First lu is in fact a elite goalie - finals experience and a gold medal

Second, if you don't like that one this one is even more of a fact. The nucks time is now, they need some obvious pieces that can be got with Cory and his contract and age situation, with Lu you won't get much. The problem is not in the net and that is why Cory will be traded.

i can't believe I'm hearing this crap, Schneiders fault? Really?

goal 1 : overplayed yes but what about 3 blue sweaters in the front of the net vs 1 white jersey? not one of them can lift the stick or push him out?

goal 2: 2 on 1 cant challange the shooter so you have to back in and that shot would have beaten almost any goalie almost anytime.

get your heads out of you rears... 4 goals against in 3 games!!! .960% save percentage!!! I would take those numbers any day of the week, I dont even care if all 4 of them are weaks goals, if that is all he lets in. Give your head a shake people.

goal 1 : overplayed yes but what about 3 blue sweaters in the front of the net vs 1 white jersey? not one of them can lift the stick or push him out?

goal 2: 2 on 1 cant challange the shooter so you have to back in and that shot would have beaten almost any goalie almost anytime.

get your heads out of you rears... 4 goals against in 3 games!!! .960% save percentage!!! I would take those numbers any day of the week, I dont even care if all 4 of them are weaks goals, if that is all he lets in. Give your head a shake people.

We had some outstanding chances to win it.............we didn't take them.

That above all is what will bug me for quite a long time. I really thought after 82 league games and 4 playoff games we had finally started to turn our game round.

I felt from game 4 we were working things out, The twins were looking up for the challenge and surely Burr, Kes, Higgins and Hansen couldn't lie dormant for much longer.

We were physical our goalie was tuned in and we were making good chances. I really thought we would win that game and go on to win the series.

That feeling reminds me a lot of game 7 last year. It's not so much an "if only" more of "we should have"

Why do we constantly rag on our goalies when our forwards/marksmen are really the players who have let us down all year.

FACE IT!

We have had trouble finding the back of the net...........even when 1on 1. We have a couple of players on our team at present who are unable to play across the goalie............preferring the greedy option..........it has hurt us badly.

Archived