Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Henrik Lundqvist Calls Out The League

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

What did you guys think of King Henrik's comments after the game? Should have been no goal... he definitely has a point. Although I think he may have forgot about the 5 on 3 they were given.

"It's an absolute joke, oh my god, it scares me. When it's such an obvious play, goalie interference and a kick, and they still call it a goal? It scares me that someone can call that. It's just unbelievable. It still upsets me, because we have this game and then they get a chance. Someone wants them back in the game obviously."

Imagine if Luo said that? Lol, what a show that would be.

Bottom line: I don't mind seeing respected players speaking out about what a joke the league is. Maybe if enough players and teams get on board the league might actually be forced to re-evaluate themselves. I'm pretty tired of the inconsistency myself.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,261 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

He is still complaining after winning the hockey game?

Wow.

307mg00.jpg

#3 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Wow...

He has a right to, it is a complete joke. The puck was clearly kicked and a well respected player like HK should use his position to call out the league and how terrible of a job it does.

Well done HK, Well done !

#4 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Imagine if they loss tonight. I predict Torterella would have said something that would have fined him for 30 000 k maybe??? Give or take? LOL

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#5 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Wow.

Did you see the goal? He has a point

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 Hank's Secret Sauce

Hank's Secret Sauce

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

so the NHL is now conspiring for Canadian teams and against the biggest American market AND trying to avoid game 7...

Brilliant Bettman, brilliant...

#7 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

so the NHL is now conspiring for Canadian teams and against the biggest American market AND trying to avoid game 7...

Brilliant Bettman, brilliant...

There is no conspiracy against anyone in particular. If you want to believe in a conspiracy, believe in game management. They want the game to be as exciting as possible. Allowing a goal with 30 seconds left and opening up the possibility of a heroic push back to force OT? That would be epic, right?

So if we were to believe in game management... it would make sense that the better teams in the league are going to get the short end of the stick more times than not, since they will likely be ahead in more games that not.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

It was terrible call on the goal, but there was a lot going New York's way as well..

Incompetence is rampant.

#9 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Did you see the goal? He has a point

I think it's more or less being professional about the calls. Cause it's called and it's the past. Henrik Sedin could have called the leauge for being a joke, on the Keith suspension. It's pretty obvious Keith had the intentions of elbowing Daniels face long before he actually did it. Torres was just his natural reaction to hit whatever player. But Henrik and the Canucks in the end decided not to call the leauge out for being a joke, which is true, so no point. What's done is done. And they won the game.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#10 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

He is totally right.
1) He was pushed my neils stick : Goalie Interference
2) I figured out that Neil kicked in the puck in 5 seconds. It took those idiots 5 minutes. AND THEY WERE WRONG

I was cheering for Ottawa to win this game.

What if this had happened to us? If we lost a game cause of those morons. This league is questionable in regards to officiating and even the higher ups.

#11 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

If he was wearing a Canucks jersey, the media would be complaining about him complaining. You see, it's alright to speak your mind...when you're not a Canuck, of course.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#12 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Kicking motion, but did Niel actually kick the puck? It looked like it was already moving towards the goal and that he whiffed on the kick as it slid under his skate - perhaps an own goal by HL? Interference perhaps, but they had already gotten a weak goaltender interference call on Foligno... all in all, not much to whine about for the Rangers in this game.

#13 Hank's Secret Sauce

Hank's Secret Sauce

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

There is no conspiracy against anyone in particular. If you want to believe in a conspiracy, believe in game management. They want the game to be as exciting as possible. Allowing a goal with 30 seconds left and opening up the possibility of a heroic push back to force OT? That would be epic, right?

So if we were to believe in game management... it would make sense that the better teams in the league are going to get the short end of the stick more times than not, since they will likely be ahead in more games that not.

I was joking... I thought that was obvious when I said he was conspiring for the team he should be (from a business perspective) conspiring against

#14 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I was joking... I thought that was obvious when I said he was conspiring for the team he should be (from a business perspective) conspiring against

I know you were. I wasn't really directing my reply towards you, more towards the people who actually do believe in the Canadian conspiracy or whatever. You implied there was no conspiracy. My first sentence was agreeing that there was no conspiracy. I realize my post seemed like I was replying to you though. Sorry I didn't make that very clear.

Edited by Demo250, 23 April 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Hank's Secret Sauce

Hank's Secret Sauce

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I know you were. I wasn't really directing my reply towards you, more towards the people who actually do believe in the Canadian conspiracy or whatever.

oh ok, my bad.

btw, did they give an explanation when they announced the goal? I would've been watching but I was in an exam. To me the only conceivable way that that isn't a goal is if he fanned on it with his foot but something else knocked it in

#16 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

oh ok, my bad.

btw, did they give an explanation when they announced the goal? I would've been watching but I was in an exam. To me the only conceivable way that that isn't a goal is if he fanned on it with his foot but something else knocked it in

The refs mic didn't work during the explanation. (Big surprise right? Their mics never seem to work properly. lol)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,861 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

The league doesn't want the rangers to be out......

They want a Hollywood and rangers matchup.

But that call was bad,I'm guessing they wanted the game to be close.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#18 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

The refs mic didn't work during the explanation. (Big surprise right? Their mics never seem to work properly. lol)

I would love to hear the NHL explain this one... as far as the refs go... .they only ever give a 2 second explanation anyways, that wouldn't be enough for me I need to hear from NHL's Brass how that goal could possibly count, lol as some other posters have said..... could you imagine if that was the OT winner against the Nucks last night? we'd be dieinggggggg hell there would've been another riot I'm sure!

#19 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

I should quickly add though, I was hoping badly for the Sens... without the nucks in, ones gotta hope for another Canadian team, but hell that goal should not have counted no way no how, and I didn't think the goalie interferiance call was...tragic, I didn't like it, didn't agree with it but it didn't have me jumping up and down mad either.

#20 canuckspride

canuckspride

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

what amazes me is that the coach of an nhl team can be fined 10,000 dollars for calling out poor officiating during an nhl game. However shea weber can turnbuckle a players head into the boards and repeatedly punch him from behind and he gets fined 2500 dollars. This nhl is crazy.

#21 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

I am completely on Lundy's side... obviously. ;)

#22 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

There were so many bad calls in this game I didn't even try to watch the Hawks/Coyotes game in fear that I would have to endure more bad calls.

Mako1_zpsa4tfuwwx.gif

#23 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

How the refs and the league cant see Niel clearly use his stick to force out Lundqvist while he swipes at the puck with his skate and speeds it up a little into the net ? If you watch it in regular speed it is as plain as day ! Wow can you say score management anyone ? Still hope the Rangers choke !

Edited by vanfan73, 24 April 2012 - 01:50 AM.

tumblr_mkgkbqrm4w1ry9vkao1_500.gif

The NHL DoPeS should enter politics. They lie with a straight face better than any politician in the world.

#24 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Torts probably gave KH the $2500 to speak up. Costs much less than calling the league out himself haha.

#25 Bill Sikes

Bill Sikes

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,601 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

He is totally right.
1) He was pushed my neils stick : Goalie Interference
2) I figured out that Neil kicked in the puck in 5 seconds. It took those idiots 5 minutes. AND THEY WERE WRONG

I was cheering for Ottawa to win this game.

What if this had happened to us? If we lost a game cause of those morons. This league is questionable in regards to officiating and even the higher ups.

1) There were at least a half dozen players in the crease pushing and shoving, no way to tell where the push on Lundqvist came from (there was a Ranger pushing Neil in case you didn't notice)

2) No question he TRIED to kick it in, but it also is pretty clear he wiffed on it and didn't make contact with the puck, it was Lundquist's stick that moved the puck into the net. To me it looked like Lundqvist was trying to scoop the puck into his glove with his stick, Neil tried to kick the puck in, missed the puck but clipped Lundqvists stick and that knocked it into the net before Hendrick could grab it, there really isn't a rule to cover this specific situation, goalie interferance or incidental contact? He was being pushed by a Ranger defenseman, he wasn't trying to kick Lundqvist's stick.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 24 April 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#26 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

Here comes a fine, which is funny considering he'll probably have to pay the same amount of money as Weber did for almost killing Zetterberg.

This league really is a gong-show.
Posted Image

#27 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:24 AM

First of all let me say I despise the Rangers (my grudge from '94 still holds) and am very much supporting the Senators in this series...that being said, I think Lundqvist has every right to be angry. Not only that but its best to call out the league now before the fines for players are upped to something more damaging when the CBA is re-negotiated.

#28 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

See Canucks fans, it's just not us who gets horrible officiating.

What else is new

#29 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

I saw that goal, insane how they allowed it I was in shock if I were the Rangers I'd be fuming. Its a good thing it didn't cost them the game though. Otherwise.. ohboyy
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#30 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

i didnt see the goal but nonetheless good for him on speaking his mind. I admire players and people say it like it is, this league is slowly becoming the biggest joke. Star players could kill a 3rd/4th liner and still get away with only a fine, while 3rd/4th liners deliver a slightly late hit and they get 5 games. The league needs to sort out their consistencly soon otherwise the hits to the heads, boarding, etc. will get more out of hand.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.