The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Lundqvist Calls Out The League

Demo250

What did you guys think of King Henrik's comments after the game? Should have been no goal... he definitely has a point. Although I think he may have forgot about the 5 on 3 they were given.

"It's an absolute joke, oh my god, it scares me. When it's such an obvious play, goalie interference and a kick, and they still call it a goal? It scares me that someone can call that. It's just unbelievable. It still upsets me, because we have this game and then they get a chance. Someone wants them back in the game obviously."

Imagine if Luo said that? Lol, what a show that would be.

Bottom line: I don't mind seeing respected players speaking out about what a joke the league is. Maybe if enough players and teams get on board the league might actually be forced to re-evaluate themselves. I'm pretty tired of the inconsistency myself.

He is totally right.

1) He was pushed my neils stick : Goalie Interference

2) I figured out that Neil kicked in the puck in 5 seconds. It took those idiots 5 minutes. AND THEY WERE WRONG

I was cheering for Ottawa to win this game.

What if this had happened to us? If we lost a game cause of those morons. This league is questionable in regards to officiating and even the higher ups.

Kicking motion, but did Niel actually kick the puck? It looked like it was already moving towards the goal and that he whiffed on the kick as it slid under his skate - perhaps an own goal by HL? Interference perhaps, but they had already gotten a weak goaltender interference call on Foligno... all in all, not much to whine about for the Rangers in this game.

There is no conspiracy against anyone in particular. If you want to believe in a conspiracy, believe in game management. They want the game to be as exciting as possible. Allowing a goal with 30 seconds left and opening up the possibility of a heroic push back to force OT? That would be epic, right?

So if we were to believe in game management... it would make sense that the better teams in the league are going to get the short end of the stick more times than not, since they will likely be ahead in more games that not.

oh ok, my bad.

btw, did they give an explanation when they announced the goal? I would've been watching but I was in an exam. To me the only conceivable way that that isn't a goal is if he fanned on it with his foot but something else knocked it in

I should quickly add though, I was hoping badly for the Sens... without the nucks in, ones gotta hope for another Canadian team, but hell that goal should not have counted no way no how, and I didn't think the goalie interferiance call was...tragic, I didn't like it, didn't agree with it but it didn't have me jumping up and down mad either.

what amazes me is that the coach of an nhl team can be fined 10,000 dollars for calling out poor officiating during an nhl game. However shea weber can turnbuckle a players head into the boards and repeatedly punch him from behind and he gets fined 2500 dollars. This nhl is crazy.

Archived