The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan O'toole And Jay Onrait

I just have to say listening to Dan and Jay each night on TSN makes me love hockey that much more! Watching the Yotes eliminate the Hawks in 6 was awesome.... watching the highlights through TSN though tonight was even better. Hard to explain to you why it was so funny but just watching the highlights of Joel Quinville losing his mind and stuff and Onrait's like "um..... yuuuuup I think he's a little mad" comments like that just crack me up.

Anyways I feel this fits under Hockey Discussion because they do the highlights Mon-Fri and hockey obviously is 70% of the highlights on TSN at night through winter are hockey highlights. Anyways I know at least 1/2 of CDC'ers watch TSN the other half prolly watch Sportsnet still (like I use to) but Dan and Jay deserve there own thread and I looked through a few pages of threads and don't see any thread devoted to them, so if people want to post some funny stories about them or just anything else that they like (or dislike) about them feel free to post it here. I'll get the ball rolling with one of my fav clips from there show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wfy183s5pY

They're the only reason I watch sportscentre :). Especially on weekends when Don Taylor and Garry Valk aren't on sportsnet.

Edit: hahahah I just watched that clip. " *blank stare* Me not no words"

EDIT 2: Here's another video.... long one but worth the watch :lol:

I had no idea they tweet back that frequently or anything thats awesome.... they are definatly the best, and as you said TSN all around is solid, there hockey panel is 10 times better than sportsnet and CBC. I fully 100% agree it would be pure bliss to have TSN call our playoff games.... imagine Chris Cuthburt and Ray Ferraro calling our games as opposed to Jimmy (love him) and ugh... :picard: Simpson...... (hate him). Not to mention CBC always just seems to have a big hate on for us. I would love TSN to call our playoff games next year (and even more of our regular season games, although who doesn't love John and John lol.

Far as Jay and Dan go though I have Twitter but I never bother to tweet... I might need to start tweeting them sometimes, see if I can't get them to talk back to me a bit.

I used to watch Sportsnet every night until these guys were on TSN. Those guys are hilarious. Onrait always goes nuts over Bobrovsky's name and it's so funny. They always have little comments that make me laugh.

If I can watch my sports highlights and get a good laugh for a lot of the show then it's a good thing.

These two idiots are the reason I DON'T watch sports centre anymore. Onrait makes me want to reach trough the TV and throttle him, you are a sportscaster not a comedian, stop TRYING to be funny becasue you aren't, if you are funny it will come out naturaly. I don't know where Onrait got the idea that he was funny from, probably the same guy who told Bob Sagat he is funny.

I wish I could do this to Onrait and O'Toole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERsJ22EzFdY

These two idiots are the reason I DON'T watch sports centre anymore. Onrait makes me want to reach trough the TV and throttle him, you are a sportscaster not a comedian, stop TRYING to be funny becasue you aren't, if you are funny it will come out naturaly. I don't know where Onrait got the idea that he was funny from, probably the same guy who told Bob Sagat he is funny.

I wish I could do this to Onrait and O'Toole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERsJ22EzFdY

BOBROVSKY.

Favorite clip is when Jay starts crying about how Lebron,Wade and Bosh are friends and they just wanted to play together

They were promoting the cover vote for NHL 13 last night and showed a tweet of someone saying they should be on the cover, they would go on to show a NHL 13 cover with Jay and Dan in Ottawa and Winnipeg Jerseys. :bigblush:

Main reason I watch TSN

Archived