The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Parise

God reading these threads make me so nervous about the canucks future. At first we needed a top notch defenseman, now with the failure in last years finals and this years playoffs we need scoring. So I guess to get the cup the Canucks need parise and weber lol.

God reading these threads make me so nervous about the canucks future. At first we needed a top notch defenseman, now with the failure in last years finals and this years playoffs we need scoring. So I guess to get the cup the Canucks need parise and weber lol.

Going to be tough to out-bid Detroit this year in the FA market. I see Parise going there and if Lidstrom retires, perhaps Weber too.

Detroit needs ot re-tool and tehy have the money and cap space to pull this off.

Now that's scary!!

Going to be tough to out-bid Detroit this year in the FA market. I see Parise going there and if Lidstrom retires, perhaps Weber too.

Detroit needs ot re-tool and tehy have the money and cap space to pull this off.

Now that's scary!!

We definitely need to make a big push for a top defenceman.

All of our problems came down to not having a PP QB, and a defenceman that can log huge minutes like Hamhuis.

Scoring can always be filled in cheaply with one of our prospects.

damn detroit! they made the league so boring for so many years...winning the cup, i mean what was the point of watching all those seasons when from game one you couldve just said "oh, det is gonna win again". i want my time back detroit! lol...it should be a real interesting offseason, i think we can pull it off just as well as Det can though. granted some players leave/retire.

I agree with the top defenceman but I don't think we got any prospects ready to make an impact in the big leagues- I think we'll definitely need to pick up some scoring help or a playmaker for KESLER AND BOOTH - I think this guy's can do wonders with a playmaker inbetween them - they won't have to TRY and carry the line themselves.

i agree schroeder has improved tremendously from last year. his commitment to playing good defensively says alot about him and is drive to make the big league. and although smaller then average he has a strong build and can handle himself .

i also think it's time for the canucks management to take a long hard look at weather ryan kesler should be a moved to right wing instead of centre.

i would say zach parise is a real long shot, but finding players internally who have some real potential may be the better route. nicklas jensen is another player who i believe has a chance to make the canucks team next season.

shea weber (as much as i like to see him here) is even more of a long shot, but what about calling up kevin connauton? pairing him with tanev like they did with the wolves.

anyways adding schroeder and jensen could be the more realistic option for vancouver and sure i think they will probably still try to make a big splash during the summer and attempt to land one of the top free agents available, but if they don't succeed there at least our team has some options.

Archived