The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 Major Deals And 2 Ufa Signings

If we don't think Parise will sign with us, we trade for Malone and TB 10th overall rather than Connolly and DET 1st.

So we either get Parise, Brett Connolly and late 1st OR Malone and 10th overall.

Obviously the 1st option is preferred but I'm just pointing out that there is another option if we don't get Parise. :)

This is one of the best discussions based on a proposal that I've seen on these boards. Well done ladies and gents.

To Easton76, with the original post, I would say that if Gillis decided to do a major shakeup (which I do not believe he will do), I could see him pursuing something like this. However the major issue that I see is that Kesler would be instrumental in convincing Parise to sign here. I think Parise would be tempted to play with Kesler however if Kes got traded, the likelihood of signing him goes significantly down.

I would love to see us trade for Staal even if we keep Kesler. Having Staal on the third line would give us three extremely tough lines that we can roll. 1A, 1B, 1C. I believe it would take a bit more than Edler though.

I think Burke would be very interested in both Kesler and/or Bieksa.

This is one of the best discussions based on a proposal that I've seen on these boards. Well done ladies and gents.

To Easton76, with the original post, I would say that if Gillis decided to do a major shakeup (which I do not believe he will do), I could see him pursuing something like this. However the major issue that I see is that Kesler would be instrumental in convincing Parise to sign here. I think Parise would be tempted to play with Kesler however if Kes got traded, the likelihood of signing him goes significantly down.

I would love to see us trade for Staal even if we keep Kesler. Having Staal on the third line would give us three extremely tough lines that we can roll. 1A, 1B, 1C. I believe it would take a bit more than Edler though.

I think Burke would be very interested in both Kesler and/or Bieksa.

Assuming Luongo waives his NTC to go to TB, and assuming that TB does actually want him, I believe that Yzerman will say that he is being asked to pay far too much in your deal. He's being asked to take on a load of extra cap hit, trade away a 10th overall pick AND a very good prospect in Connolly for a goalie who may play for perhaps, at most, another 5 years. I don't see Yzerman agreeing to this. It would be nice if he did, but I don't see it happening.

what about Edler for Clowe and a second? :)

Also, trade Luongo to TBL for their 10th overall pick and draft Codi Ceci, anyone else included in this deal is a bonus.

You then have:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Ryane Clowe ($3.625m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN

Ryan Suter ($6.300m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Sami Salo ($1.500m) / Codi Ceci ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($3.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.800m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,170,000; BONUSES: $125,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,130,000

Archived