The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler May Need Shoulder Surgery

Kack Zassian

Posted · Hidden by -DLC-, April 24, 2012 - Toronto troll
Hidden by -DLC-, April 24, 2012 - Toronto troll

IF he was so hurt (hip, shoulder etc) it certainly didn't affect his ability to dive and roll around like an idiot. My speculation is that he just sucks, and was never a true top six forward.

Kesler is like the old time hockey players, who played on one leg if they had to without any complaint. Just another reason to admire him once again. Not that it's right to ignore your injuries of course, as it does haunt you for many, many years to come. But it does show his dedication to the fans and his team.

I got nailed by a boat trailer fender in the calf at 30 mph, and almost lost my leg. But did that stop me from waterskiing on one leg 15 minutes later? Hell No. I was young, dumb, and dying to waterski. Just one example from my life of how I denied what was happening to me. Now I listen to my body.

WW: I couldn't disagree more. Hip surgery, then a shoulder injury that possibly requires surgery will definitely play a role in production and impact a player's success Skating, shooting, checking will all be affected by these injuries, so it's too bad for us. I wouldn't discount these things in hampering Kes on ice.

Kes is a very talented player and I wouldn't slough off the injuries so quickly...you're underestimating him and, when healthy, he really does make a difference.

Kes' attitude is also what gives him that edge...I honestly don't want him to change a thing in relation to his snarl/confidence.

Kes is a warrior and I told people I suspected something wrong with him when his production slid. I admire him for battling despite this....

In following up/reading more, LOL at those of you saying "surgery = excuse". Of course it's a valid reason to explain deficiencies and dropped production. Give your head(s) a shake.

Why is it that Kesler never admits to being injured before we get ousted? Let's hope that this either isn't true, or it doesn't keep him out for long so he can get his full training camp done over the summer.

At least Sami Salo returns to his base level of ability after injuries.

Kesler needs to either be 100% or sit it out; no more of this playing hurt nonsense and telling the press about it after the playoffs.

Archived