The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler May Need Shoulder Surgery

Kack Zassian

He sounded SO sad on Team 1040...I wanted to cry hearing him. Hope you have a successful surgery during the offseason Kes, and then come back to start the season, and have your "beast mode" on!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU KES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT LEAVE US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Congrats to Hammer, having another baby on the way :)! Team 1040 just announced that! And Booth will be on the WJC apparently, and Hansen will be glad to be on the Denmark WJc if he gets asks to go on it!!

When did Kesler get hurt? Because his play sucked all year!

To me this sounds like more excuses. Every player has bumps and bruises and Kesler did have a legit injury last playoffs but this reminds me of after the 2009/2010 season when injury was mentioned but no surgery every happened.

I doubt he'll have surgery because I don't think he is hurt that badly.

When did Kesler get hurt? Because his play sucked all year!

To me this sounds like more excuses. Every player has bumps and bruises and Kesler did have a legit injury last playoffs but this reminds me of after the 2009/2010 season when injury was mentioned but no surgery every happened.

I doubt he'll have surgery because I don't think he is hurt that badly.

Sure .... rub it in OP ... 2 days after we got eliminated from first round playoffs ... now to hear that ONE of my favorite player has to undergo surgery ... again !!!

Damn !

Not sure if we'll ever see the same Kesler we once had from his Trophy winning year.

Adds to the interesting off season ahead :) :

- AV is gone or not, will Gillis fire him ?

- who will we keep in net ? LU or Scheids ?

- Draft day ... who will we pick and any blockbuster trade on that day from the Canucks ?

Again repeating myself from another post .... can't wait now for training camp and see who will make up the 2012-13 line up.

Every year when he disappoints it is the same thing. He sucked in the 2009/2010 Playoffs and at the end of the year injury was mentioned. He sucked in this years playoffs and all of a sudden injury is mentioned. If he was significantly injured why didn't he have any maintenance days down the stretch like Bieksa? The first time we heard he was hurt was after the fact. Was he 100%? Probably not but not many players are this time of the year. For him this is become a pattern to excuse poor play.

The first time we heard last playoffs that Higgins was injured, Ehrhoff was injured, Edler was injured *insert Canucks player here* etc was AFTER the fact too...... so why is Kesler singled out repeatedly? Because he's not all warm and fuzzy? Because he doesn't kiss your ass, the collective fan base asses, every time he's in front of the camera? After a game when he himself knows he didn't play well, that he couldn't play well?

If he was milking injuries as an 'excuse' for poor play, why wasn't it mentioned every time he was in front of a mic or the cameras? No, he was a warrior and sucked it up as best he could in order to keep playing for his team and an unforgiving and ungrateful fan base.

*sigh* It's like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes.......

The thing that irritates me about this injury is that obviously management was aware of it and still chose to trade away hodgson at the deadline. That makes the move make less sense. If you 2nd line center is injured and not scoring, trading away the only possible center on the team who could make up some of that lost scoring is pretty illogical...

Apparently he got hurt in February. Why did he not sit out then? Regular season games meant nothing at that point so why not heal up instead of being trying to be a "warrior" and playing through it? And if the management knew about this then why trade away center depth at the deadline? He seems like a player who is always going to be battling injuries because of the way he plays but hopefully he'll learn that the team can survive regular season games without him. It's the playoffs that we need him for. Not the meaningless games in October. Stupid to rush back before being completely healthy for those.

Have you people even seen a single interview with him? Even when he admits he is banged up he then says that's not an excuse (last years finals comes to mind especially) and that as a leader on the team that injuries should not be used as as excuses. It disgusts me so much to see the fans turn on him because its being reported that he is hurt. Anyone who has ever watched him play could tell he was off ALL season!

Archived