The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

You wanna play the stats game now eh? Here, eat this:

Luongo has 339 NHL wins, Schneider has 38.

Luongo won Gold, Schneider not.

Luongo led the team to game 7 of the SC Finals, Schneider didn't even lead the team past 1 round. :lol::lol::lol:

Luongo was voted hardest goaltender to score on a year or 2 ago by NHL'ers, Schneider not.

Luongo was a vezina finalist, Schneider not.

Therefore, Luongo >>>>> Schneider LOL!

Luongo and Schneider are both quality NHL starters. As a team, we would be better off trading Luongo as he would bring a greater return. We would also have a significant cost savings in Schneider.

Remember, this is a business, not pleasure.

You wanna play the stats game now eh? Here, eat this:

Luongo has 339 NHL wins, Schneider has 38.

Luongo won Gold, Schneider not.

Luongo led the team to game 7 of the SC Finals, Schneider didn't even lead the team past 1 round. :lol::lol::lol:

Luongo was voted hardest goaltender to score on a year or 2 ago by NHL'ers, Schneider not.

Luongo was a vezina finalist, Schneider not.

Therefore, Luongo >>>>> Schneider LOL!

Small sample sizes are only really indicative of the team's play in those games, rather than anything specific to the goalies.

His stats were still better in the regular season but that wold obviously be hard to maintain over more games.

Luongo doesn't deserve the crap he gets from the fans, media, etc. He is a world class goaltender, it's unfortunate he is so under-appreciated. I would love to have either Luongo or Schnieds in net next season - I know we will do great with either guy in net.

That being said, I think it would be hard to part with cory after he had such a good season as a backup. He is young, still has lots of potential, room to grow, and get better.

Either way, I trust GMMG and I'm sure he will do what's best for the team.

Say what you will, we all bashed this guy at one point in anger. But i will say one thing, he was probably one of the best things that ever happened to this team. He brought joy, hope , and sadness to us all. If he does leave i will always remember him as a great vancouver canuck.

Damn, this really is going to be an interesting off-season.

It has become evident that Schneider provides the Canucks with a greater solution for the present and down the road (potentially) with a more friendly cap hit (to be determined).

I've always been a huge supporter of Luongo, and always will be. Trading him makes sense for both Luongo's sake, and the Canucks sake. I hope he goes to the Lightning and wins a cup with them.

I just hope Schneider will want to stay with us, and be received properly. Certainly there are lessons to be learned from the Luongo situation.

Who knows what will happen..

First of all I would like to say to all the people out there who flame Luo on a personal level are hypocrites! I am not one of those people. Luo is still my fav goalie of all time, I have watched him come up through the juniors till now, he has great character and poise, unfortunatly his time here is done, very sad, but I know where ever he ends up he will be as great there as he was here!!!!

As for the long contract, it is impossible to see into the future, signing Luo to that contract was in MG mind i am sure a great idea at the time, who would have guessed that the team would implode like it has, right from the coach, to the captain, to our "awsome" defensive corps, to some of our best super stars not showing up, to Luo having a rough season. Which of any of us could for see this coming?

I challenge all of us to answer this with honesty(my self included) because i absolutly did not for see this!

The way some of us are acting and talking about people that we do not even know is disgusting, if I have said anything rotten to anyone on here I apologise and am truly sorry!!

My hope is that from here on we all take a look in the mirror before posting and understand that we are all human, and need to be slower to anger, slower to speak, and slower to react, if we can do this then this forum will not be so offensive and mean not only towards the team but toward each other!

I've always said I would like to keep both goalies. However if that's not practical then I'm afraid I have more faith in Lu. He has done it for Canada and he has done it for us.

Schneider played well when picked, he played well in the playoffs and he is a great team mate...........That said he has never run the gauntlet of a whole season and that takes a bit more.

Knowing you are the back up is like knowing if anything goes wrong your big brother is around the corner. It relaxes you and relieves pressure..........Lu has never had that luxury.

I think Gillis has already decided it is Cory to go.

All that matters in playoffs are wins and loses. So your satisfied with just keeping the games closer and not winning?

So your saying had Lu just kept the games closer in Boston, even though we still come up with the same outcome and no cup, you would be happy and satisfied?

Sweet mother of God, I'm getting to all sorts of arguments with dumb oiler fans on the TSN facebook page...they are saying things in the likes of "WE DONT OVERPAY PLAYERS" and "LUONGO IS A LOSER, we dont need a loser in orange and blue"...

MY response to both those idiots:

Overpayment....Hemsky getting paid 5 million per year is the biggest joke in Hockey.

Don't need loser in orange and blue? Already got enough of those eh? Of course they wouldn't want Luo, they always aim to be contenders..for the FIRST overall pick. So yeah considering all they do is get 1s overall picks...Luongo would be a bad choice.

Not to mention we would never trade Luo to a divisional opponent.

Damn some people should not be allowed to use the internet. :picard:

I guess I am just really confused.

Every time Luongo played a bad game, or let in some goals, everyone was flaming him and wanting him out of town.

Now he gets a microphone in his face, and talks with a sad voice..... and everyone wants him to stay?

First of all your theory FAILS!

2nd...Pittsburgh never traded any long term contracts, and Philly did. Jagr Chose Philly, if you pay them the players will come.

3rd.

Jagr had 54 points in an injury plagued regular season.

7 points in 6 playoff games so far.

He is a Big Name Free Agent.

Not many bigger names then Jaromir Jagr.

Archived