The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

All that matters in playoffs are wins and loses. So your satisfied with just keeping the games closer and not winning?

So your saying had Lu just kept the games closer in Boston, even though we still come up with the same outcome and no cup, you would be happy and satisfied?

Alright, this may be very opinionated, but alot of it is pretty much fact.

With Luongo saying he's willing to waive his NTC, and even before he SAID this, alot of people wanted him out, and wanted Cory to stay.

But my question is, how long til Cory faces this situation too?

Luongo was brought in, everyone LOVED him. He played great, he had the drive and determination rarely seen.

I actually think its sick how everyone is "giving up" on him. He's played MANY big games, and came up big. Sure he's had a couple bad ones, but name 1 goalie that hasnt. (do it, go on and try)

Bascially, Vancouver is a goalie graveyard. Point blank.

You can deny all you want, but in a couple years this exact situation is going to happen to Cory, especially if he faulters for a couple games, and Lack comes up and plays good.

If you dont agree, thats fine. But the way I see it, Luongo was hardly given a fair chance from the beginning.

Whatever goalie we do keep (and im honestly fine with either one) I hope things start to get better, before they get worse. But I know they wont.

He said that he would always do what is best for the team....classy response from Luongo.

MG also said that he would be happy to have both Schneider and Luongo next year. That would be great if both goalies accepted that they were a tandem with no true # 1 guy.

I have to say that the goalie situation has been a distraction for the fans as well and has caused a split.....and a lot of badmouthing each other on CDC. If they do comitt to playing as a tandem, I hope that the issue is finally put to rest.....they are both #1 goalies.

If Luongo had kept the games closer, the rest of the team may have had more confidence to push harder.

Of course we wouldn't be happy if we still lost, but the blame wouldn't have landed on Luongo had he kept them closer.

Lu's willing (and probably wanting) to waive his no trade clause. It's official, we've pretty much run him out of town. I've been a Luongo supporter since day one, so I am really angry and upset right now. He was the reason we made the playoffs in 2007, he was the reason we became an elite team, he was the reason we made it to the finals, let alone didn't even get swept in them, and what did you guys do? "The Canucks lost one game, it was all Luongo's fault!" He's stolen more games then he has choked them! "Playoff underachiever?" Yeah that's why we made the finals. He's been trashed so much I wouldn't even want to stay here. I have so much respect for him for putting up with all of this. To all you Luongo haters (so about 80% of you) Good job, I hope you're happy. He hasn't been traded yet but it's pretty much unofficial that hes played his last game. Here is my sarcastic clapping for you. For Luongo, thank you for being the best damn goaltender we've ever had. Cory may become better, but you've lead us through some amazing times and helped us become the team we are now. You deserve better.

It's like seeing two beautiful women, one's a brunette and one's a redhead. Both look like they're open to a little conversation, with the brunette maybe being a little more intellectual but drinking a pricey red wine, while the redhead might be a bit more down to earth and happy with a vodka cocktail. Which one would you pick, or would you try for both?

Archived