The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Schneider screwed up the last game and people still love him?

I DO NOT want to lose Luongo..... PLEASE STAY LOU ! People don't see your play with the facts, but judge on emotion because you are emotional. Schneider acts all cool and so on, but he aint nothing as good as you.

If management trades you I think they are the stupidest people on EARTH!

sorry strong words, but i really don't think we should have a rash decision here.

We should say sorry to Louongo and keep him and make it up to him by being better fans. nuff said. I am sick to my stomach now...

Best case scenario- Trade Luongo for Malone or Hedman , but honestly even if you have to give Luongo for nothing , that contract has to be removed. It's an albatross around the neck. Even if you say take him we want no return , you free up about 7 million give cory half of that and if the salary cap goes up we have lots of money maybe weber , who really knows.

I don't get all these "He's being run out of town!!" comments. He's not being run out of town. The media and fans have ZERO input on MG and AV's decisions to keep Schneider or Luongo. He was out played. PERIOD.

If the Canucks trade Lu, it's because they feel they have a better future with Schneider than Luongo, and vis versa.

How disheartening to hear Luongo's sadness in his interview. Those who've stated that Luo is/was self-centered or arrogant should go take a look in the mirror.

I just had a call from a friend who asked me if it was true that Luongo is being traded and that he asked for it?????? How's that for misinterpretation of facts......lightening speed ffs.

Wow

When did this guy become such a saint? He used to be so self centered and now suddenly he's willing to take one for the team?

Amazing.

It's a tough situation because, IMO, it would be inexcusable to let Schneider walk but we'd be losing a fantastic goalie in Luongo as well

Good on him for his maturity. Best of luck to him in whatever happens

And FTR: he is not demanding a trade, he's simply allowing the Canucks that option should they decide to keep Schneider over him

you know, I find it really funny how the Cory fan accuse Lu fans of emotional attachment and the Lu fans accuse Cory fans of emotional attachment.

Then they go to stats. and all of a sudden, people are only presenting facts that support their conclusion.

Horray! someone should just post all the facts and stats. I might do this after work tonight.

You wanna play the stats game now eh? Here, eat this:

Luongo has 339 NHL wins, Schneider has 38.

Luongo won Gold, Schneider not.

Luongo led the team to game 7 of the SC Finals, Schneider didn't even lead the team past 1 round. :lol::lol::lol:

Luongo was voted hardest goaltender to score on a year or 2 ago by NHL'ers, Schneider not.

Luongo was a vezina finalist, Schneider not.

Therefore, Luongo >>>>> Schneider LOL!

Sweet mother of God, I'm getting to all sorts of arguments with dumb oiler fans on the TSN facebook page...they are saying things in the likes of "WE DONT OVERPAY PLAYERS" and "LUONGO IS A LOSER, we dont need a loser in orange and blue"...

MY response to both those idiots:

Overpayment....Hemsky getting paid 5 million per year is the biggest joke in Hockey.

Don't need loser in orange and blue? Already got enough of those eh? Of course they wouldn't want Luo, they always aim to be contenders..for the FIRST overall pick. So yeah considering all they do is get 1s overall picks...Luongo would be a bad choice.

Not to mention we would never trade Luo to a divisional opponent.

Damn some people should not be allowed to use the internet. :picard:

Archived