The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

I have no idea if anyone replied to me earlier...but after thinking about what I said earlier I want to contract my previous statement somewhat. I think Luongo still is a better goalie at this point in time. I think Schneider has the potential to be better in a year or two. The best part about moving Luo though is that it would give us the money to bring some better players. So while I would hate to see Luo go, long term it is probably better.

And suddenly everyone loves Luongo...

I kind of feel bad about the whole situation. Luongo has done so much for this franchise by giving us security in goal for the first time in several years... Mad respect to him for making a decision like that.

My stance? I think Schneider will be better in the long run, however, it's still a tough decision between two all star calibre goaltenders.

We as fans have no clue what goes on and the reasoning for the decisions they make. Maybe there is friction int he locker room, mabye it is tough on his family, maybe is nobody would have thought Cory would play this good this soon, maybe could Cory could still go if ownership refuses to let MG let Lu go, maybe if MG says we have to trade Lu and ownership says no it will be MG who leaves

Pretty heavy statement from Luongo. But he is NOT asking for a trade. He makes very clear that he would be happy to stay.

However, I'm very happy that he feels this way because it gives Gillis options - and if teams know we are not desperate to move one or the other, we are more likely to get a better return for the one who is moved.

Better get used to it.....it's now being stated all over the place, go check out some other team's boards. Canuck fans are not well liked through out the league and this situation with Bobby-lou just gives them more fodder to spread this perception.

I hope everyone's happy. We've basically run the best goaltender we've ever had out of town. Our past captain, and a core member who has put up with everything we've thrown at him. Captain Kirk McLean and King Richard Brodeur are honoured in this city, while Roberto Luongo is treated like the court jester who people have grown tired of when he doesn't blow you away every time.

Good luck in the future Luongo. I'll be supporting you in the rest of your career, proudly wearing the jersey you signed for me.

I'm so pissed now, I hope LU goes to a contending team and tears crap up, which no doubt he will and without the pressure of the idiotic fans and the media in this town!!!

Clearly fans here treat the goaltending position much differently.

And Luongo signed his lifetime contract before things got really ugly.

I don't think Schneider is the type of guy that would even wanna steal a job away from someone, let alone his mentor. You think he'd feel good about that? He'll probably make the decision easy by telling management he's prefer to go somewhere else.

Wow

When did this guy become such a saint? He used to be so self centered and now suddenly he's willing to take one for the team?

Amazing.

It's a tough situation because, IMO, it would be inexcusable to let Schneider walk but we'd be losing a fantastic goalie in Luongo as well

Good on him for his maturity. Best of luck to him in whatever happens

And FTR: he is not demanding a trade, he's simply allowing the Canucks that option should they decide to keep Schneider over him

I hope Lu stays. It would suck to see him in another team.

Can we just keep both and see how it goes for another year? To be honest, letting Lu go and having Schneider to stay is also risky move. We haven't see him play as many games as Lu to fully say he is consistent. I think he only played 33 games the whole reg season, right? Plus, it's hard to say if he can be consistent during the whole playoffs because he hasn't started games until the last 3 against LA.

At least with Lu we know he can carry the team during the playoffs (look at last year's run----> yes some meltdowns now and then but every goalies have their moment). What we need is a big improvement in our offense and D.

Here's something else to consider. What kind of goaltender will Schneider be AFTER he inks his new contract and hefty payday. Remember he was playing for a contract this year. You guys may regret losing Luongo. And him leaving may give him the incentive to prove you guys made the wrong choice.

I hope everyone's happy. We've basically run the best goaltender we've ever had out of town. Our past captain, and a core member who has put up with everything we've thrown at him. Captain Kirk McLean and King Richard Brodeur are honoured in this city, while Roberto Luongo is treated like the court jester who people have grown tired of when he doesn't blow you away every time.

Good luck in the future Luongo. I'll be supporting you in the rest of your career, proudly wearing the jersey you signed for me.

I hope Lu stays. It would suck to see him in another team.

Can we just keep both and see how it goes for another year? To be honest, letting Lu go and having Schneider to stay is also risky move. We haven't see him play as many games as Lu to fully say he is consistent. I think he only played 33 games the whole reg season, right? Plus, it's hard to say if he can be consistent during the whole playoffs because he hasn't started games until the last 3 against LA.

At least with Lu we know he can carry the team during the playoffs (look at last year's run----> yes some meltdowns now and then but every goalies have their moment). What we need is a big improvement in our offense and D.

Archived