The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Considering how hasty Roberto is to be traded, I'm not sure anyone can say he is doing this solely to help the team. He wants to do what's best for himself, and that is to play for a club where he won't be challenged as the team's starter.

I was a fan of the Canucks during the Cloutier era, I know bad goaltending and I appreciate that we now have 2 great goaltenders.

But this is not a situation of fans running a goaltender out of town, its a BETTER goaltender running a an aging superstar our of town.

For the betterment of the franchise, who do you keep? the young stud goaltender or a 33 yr old former elite goaltender on the downside of his career and is on a lifetime contract? If people put their emotions aside, its easy to see the answer.

Considering how hasty Roberto is to be traded, I'm not sure anyone can say he is doing this solely to help the team. He wants to do what's best for himself, and that is to play for a club where he won't be challenged as the team's starter.

Can anyone really say the fans chased him out now, or that this is a character decision by him? If anything, it reveals how disappointed he was at being benched throughout the playoffs.

That ego of his is beginning to shine through again, unfortunately.

Can anyone really say the fans chased him out now, or that this is a character decision by him? If anything, it reveals how disappointed he was at being benched throughout the playoffs.

There are a lot of people in this thread who seem to be a fan of Luongo more than a fan of the Canucks. Judging by what I've read of your posts, what are you people going to do IF Luongo gets traded? Are you going to stop being a fan of the Canucks and cheer for the team he gets shipped to?

There are a lot of people in this thread who seem to be a fan of Luongo more than a fan of the Canucks. Judging by what I've read of your posts, what are you people going to do IF Luongo gets traded? Are you going to stop being a fan of the Canucks and cheer for the team he gets shipped to?

Another thing to be considered is the potential gain we receive for the guy we trade. Both guys will carry a similiar cap hit as Schneider isn't signing for under 4M.

Schneider who's younger will draw in a guy like Nash.

Luongo will likely draw in a guy like Malone.

Which team gives us a better chance to win during our window over the next 2 years:

Our team with Lu in net + Nash

Our team with Schneids in net + Malone.

I don't think I've ever felt so torn about a hockey player. Luongo has been a great team guy through this whole difficult process, and I've always been a fan of his, even when I became frustrated with his play at times. At the same time, I can't help but feel like him moving on is the best thing for both parties.

Archived