The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

That's exactly my point. There are many here who believe the fans chased him out and those who are upset about it. That's just not the case. Roberto has decided himself that he must leave, as Cory Schneider has taken the starting position in Vancouver. Splitting games is not ideal for him, nor is playing for the team he went to the Stanley Cup Finals with less than a year ago.

Roberto's ego has only been suppressed thus far. Today, he has spoken his mind about moving. He implied to the media he would like to be traded, and now already seems to be arranging a trade.

Another thing to be considered is the potential gain we receive for the guy we trade. Both guys will carry a similiar cap hit as Schneider isn't signing for under 4M.

Schneider who's younger will draw in a guy like Nash.

Luongo will likely draw in Malone.

Which team gives us a better chance to win during our window over the next 2 years:

Our team with Lu in net + Nash

Our team with Schneids in net + Malone.

Rest of team

Are you related to Zippy or are you one and the same?

Please stop representing your own thoughts and opinion as fact. You can't possibly know what Roberto Luongo feels or thinks and the only ego I see beginning to shine through, again, is your own......IMHO, of course. <_<

Another thing to be considered is the potential gain we receive for the guy we trade. Both guys will carry a similiar cap hit as Schneider isn't signing for under 4M.

Schneider who's younger will draw in a guy like Nash.

Luongo will likely draw in a guy like Malone.

Which team gives us a better chance to win during our window over the next 2 years:

Our team with Lu in net + Nash

Our team with Schneids in net + Malone.

Yea, and that one year was a trip to the finals.

I think too many people overhype how good Luongo was in 06/07 because every game he was constantly forced to make spectacular saves. Even though last season was his best season statistically in his career.

So the argument that he's somehow on decline really doesn't have any basis to it.

Don't forget that Cloutier was touted as the future of this franchise too. Seems to me that didn't work out so well.

so when the canucks win it's all on the team , and when they lose it's all on luongo , this all makes me want to laugh and puke at the same time .

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Nash

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Malhotra Kassian

D minus Ballard

Luongo

Lack

Or

Sedin Sedin Malone

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Malhotra Kassian

D with Ballard

Schneider

Lack

I dunno about you, but I think a team with Nash and Luongo is better than a team with Schneider and Malone. Both are real possibilities for trades.

I don't care about schnieder. He's only had 2 seasons here. Luongo has spent half of his career in Vancouver and letting him go will be classless. He's done so much for this franchise and we've decided to hang him up. Now we can't see Jim hughson say GREAT SAVE LUONGO! :(

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Nash

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Malhotra Kassian

D minus Ballard

Luongo

Lack

Or

Sedin Sedin Malone

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Malhotra Kassian

D with Ballard

Schneider

Lack

I dunno about you, but I think a team with Nash and Luongo is better than a team with Schneider and Malone. Both are real possibilities for trades.

Archived