The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Please, please, please don't trade Lu MG. To trade a guy who's been top 5 for the last decade for a guy who's played 70 games is crazy. Ya he was hot this year and you rode him in the playoffs, that's cool. But Lu can get it done, he just needs his confidence back and to play more.

Corys stock is as high as it'll ever be. He can easily fetch you a top 5 draft pick ( future superstar if you draft right ) and possibly a young top 4 guy (like a schenn or Johnson) if you add a few more pieces to the deal.

Watching that press conference broke my heart, have faith in Lu, I know it'll pay off. Don't listen to the media and irate fans - they'll turn on Cory too as soon as he has a bad couple games. Stay the course and use Cory to stock the cupboards.

I know I'll probably get flames for this cuz everyone hates Lu these days but please MG don't do it. Mark my words, it'll come back to bite you in the ass

Anyone who thinks that the fans can run a player out of town is totally insane. If you think what people post on this message board or a few people in the crowd booing has any effect on who stays and who goes have your head checked. Also the amount of sympathy for these multi millionaires is bordering on ridiculous too...sure you are a fan of the player but I'm pretty sure they will get over it while rolling in their stacks of cash for playing a sport they love to play. I agree that Luongo has done a lot of great things for Vancouver but the melodramatic nature of some posters on this site would make you think we are chasing Luongo out of town with torches and pitchforks.

It was a dream come true for me when we traded for Luongo. My all-time favorite goalie was traded to my all-time favorite sports team.

If you were to tell me this time last year that there was a very good chance of Luongo being traded, I would have laughed at your face.

It almost makes you sick, thinking about the fans and the management just spitting in Luongo's face after he ALMOST single handidly made this franchise into the elite franchise that it is today.

Wherever he gets traded to, I hope he wins the Stanley Cup with them.

Anyone else think this puts pressure on other gms not to try low balling gillis for one of our goalies this summer. They are both Jennings winners as should fetch good returns based on their respective tangables. I would rather trade Cory personally, because luongo handles the puck better, and always seems to have overachieving backups. See sabourin, Sanford, snider, ray croft... The list will go on to lack etc.

Anyone who thinks that the fans can run a player out of town is totally insane. If you think what people post on this message board or a few people in the crowd booing has any effect on who stays and who goes have your head checked. Also the amount of sympathy for these multi millionaires is bordering on ridiculous too...sure you are a fan of the player but I'm pretty sure they will get over it while rolling in their stacks of cash for playing a sport they love to play. I agree that Luongo has done a lot of great things for Vancouver but the melodramatic nature of some posters on this site would make you think we are chasing Luongo out of town with torches and pitchforks.

hahahaha they're "hanging him out to dry".

he regularly has playoff meltdowns, and in my opinion, lost the canucks the stanley cup.

and his backup is UNDOUBTEDLY better than him himself.

and even then they didn't say they would trade him for sure, he just said he would be willing to if they asked.

how is that hanging him out to dry? rofl youre an idiot

Just wondering if anybody knows the answer, but can teams not in the playoffs/eliminated, can they starting dealing and trading guys with other teams not in the playoffs?

Or trading and dealing can only start once the playoffs have finished??

I just saw a thread about lack of motivation during the playoffs. It's right. We did lack motivation.

For me, the playoffs weren't as exciting without Luongo in net.

Luongo was the reason I started watching hockey. He inspired me since I was a child.

Every year, I watch the Canucks play, and now, it just isn't the same. I guess we'll all have to adapt to the change if Luongo gets traded.

One thing, and it's the truth(atleast for me): This team will never be the same without Luongo.

I already know some of your responses," It will be better." "We won't choke in the playoffs."

Luongo's been a great person here and now he has also accepted a trade for the team. The man is GOD.

Nothing against Cory though. He is a great goalie and deserves to be a starter somewhere if not here.

Thats just my opinion. Please let me know what you guys think.

Lu is already setting the scene for an amicable separation. He always brought up the phrase that he will do what is best for the team. So when it comes time to waive his no trade clause he will do what is best for the team not what is best for Roberto Luongo.... come on give me a break. He admitted it was tough playing back up to an up and coming super star (blow some more smoke up arse). So the way I see it is He will be happy leaving for the "team" and the team will be happy for him in his endeavors and thank him for his time here and bla and bla and bla. Oh and did anyone else catch Gillis referring to him as Roberto Aquilongo and chuckled and made the correction.... No accident. Just my opinion based on nothing buy my own observation.

I hope everyone's happy. We've basically run the best goaltender we've ever had out of town. Our past captain, and a core member who has put up with everything we've thrown at him. Captain Kirk McLean and King Richard Brodeur are honoured in this city, while Roberto Luongo is treated like the court jester who people have grown tired of when he doesn't blow you away every time.

Good luck in the future Luongo. I'll be supporting you in the rest of your career, proudly wearing the jersey you signed for me.

Archived