The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Luongo won't be going to Detroit. He would be in the same situation with Jimmy Howard there. Howard posted a 2.13 GAA, .920 Save %, he won 35 games and put up 6 shutouts this year. Just like Schneider, Howard is a starter and a very good one. If anything, Howard is way ahead of Schneider because of his few seasons as a starter already under his belt. Additionally, why would Detroit bother to trade assets for him when they, like I just talked about, have Howard already?

I think we all need to sit back and asess what actually happened today....

Luongo played his cards beautifully, like the poker player he is, and Schneider's trade value just hit an all-time high!

All the while, we're sitting here admiring Luongo's class in this situation.

All bets are off in regards to what happens now.

Wow

When did this guy become such a saint? He used to be so self centered and now suddenly he's willing to take one for the team?

Amazing.

It's a tough situation because, IMO, it would be inexcusable to let Schneider walk but we'd be losing a fantastic goalie in Luongo as well

Good on him for his maturity. Best of luck to him in whatever happens

And FTR: he is not demanding a trade, he's simply allowing the Canucks that option should they decide to keep Schneider over him

I said this after the Hodgson trade and I'll say it again now -

Mark my words, if Luongo is traded the Canucks will pay dearly. In this case, we won't make the playoffs.

Schneider is NOT ready to play 60+ games in the league. The only reason he looked so good during the regular season was because he played a few spot starts. The one time he played 7 consecutive games he was blown out and let in 3 terrible goals on around 10 shots in a period. This guy is still a kid, nowhere near the professional Luongo is and he'll be lucky if he ever achieves what Lu has already.

Moreso, Eddie Lack is nowhere near close to starting in the NHL let alone playing 20 games, which is what we need from our backup if our starter is to play well in the playoffs.

Furthermore, if we go with Schneider that's basically a giant "F-U" to the rest of our core, who are hitting their prime now. Schneider is still a few years from his prime (no matter how well he's playing now, goalies take much longer to develop than regular skaters) and his prime would fit in much better with Gragnani's, Edler's, Kassian's, Tanev's, Schroeder's and Jensen's which is the future wave of the Canucks. By doing this we're essentially giving up on our core of the Sedins, Kesler, Bieksa and Edler who deserve a goalie who will give them a chance to win now, and right now that's Luongo over Schneider.

Mark my words, if Luongo is traded the Canucks will pay dearly. In this case, we won't make the playoffs.

Schneider is NOT ready to play 60+ games in the league. The only reason he looked so good during the regular season was because he played a few spot starts. The one time he played 7 consecutive games he was blown out and let in 3 terrible goals on around 10 shots in a period. This guy is still a kid, nowhere near the professional Luongo is and he'll be lucky if he ever achieves what Lu has already.

Moreso, Eddie Lack is nowhere near close to starting in the NHL let alone playing 20 games, which is what we need from our backup if our starter is to play well in the playoffs.

Furthermore, if we go with Schneider that's basically a giant "F-U" to the rest of our core, who are hitting their prime now. Schneider is still a few years from his prime (no matter how well he's playing now, goalies take much longer to develop than regular skaters) and his prime would fit in much better with Gragnani's, Edler's, Kassian's, Tanev's, Schroeder's and Jensen's which is the future wave of the Canucks. By doing this we're essentially giving up on our core of the Sedins, Kesler, Bieksa and Edler who deserve a goalie who will give them a chance to win now, and right now that's Luongo over Schneider.

Are you related to Zippy or are you one and the same?

Please stop representing your own thoughts and opinion as fact. You can't possibly know what Roberto Luongo feels or thinks and the only ego I see beginning to shine through, again, is your own......IMHO, of course. <_<

listen to this guy. he knows about as much hockey as a piece of brick. schneider has a better sv% through 33 games than luongo when he played 33 games. time to throw your theory the window. might as well throw yourself out while you're at it.

Archived