The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

What about the fact that Gillis has publicly stated that he will not ask a player to waive their no-trade clause. Luongo said IF asked, he would waive it, but Gillis has said he won't ask. So either Gillis breaks his word or Luongo has to ask for a trade.

Don't we get more in return for Schneider? Don't get me wrong, I think Schneids is great but we still have Lou and Lack. We could get a huge amount of young talent for Schneider.

The number of teams are going to be limited with Lou and other GMs are going to play the salary card. I say we keep Lou and get 3 or 4 great prospects for Schneider.

Of course he would be willing if it's what the team needs. Despite the bad rap people have given him, he's shown time and again that he's a professional and a team player. And that's only been increasingly true this season. And who wants to stay where they're not wanted or appreciated?

That being said, I don't understand why people think it's an either/or situation. The NHL is changing. As Gillis said in his media interview today, the emphasis is on scoring. That makes games much harder for goalies so having 2 awesome goalies is something we should take pride in and be trying to protect, not trying to tear apart. We don't need to get rid of either of them, we need to keep them both. I firmly believe they make each other better.

Cory needs to sign a 2-year deal with a promise or even guarantee of more starts (I'm thinking of a 60/40 share, barring injury or poor performance) and then he and Luo are given starts according to who's hot instead of assuming one of them must get the start. Like Gillis said, every position has to be up for grabs and every player has to earn his keep. We have 2 awesome goalies more than willing to do just that and our team can only benefit from them proving it.

What about the fact that Gillis has publicly stated that he will not ask a player to waive their no-trade clause. Luongo said IF asked, he would waive it, but Gillis has said he won't ask. So either Gillis breaks his word or Luongo has to ask for a trade.

Lu knows he can only hurt his potential stock if he whines about this, thereby making him look like more of a team player to suitors. Do not get me wrong, he has been a great teammate, but all he can do at this point is potential damage control in the event of a trade or different scenario arising. If he does move on, I wish him the best.

Archived