The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Well when you already have a starting goalie in Luongo, why wouldn't you try and trade for a young impact player?

You're telling me you wouldn't trade Schneider for a player that could become as good as Malkin? Not saying that Grigerenko will be, but what if he did? I don't think you can underestimate the impact a top 3 pick can have on a franchise.

If Luongo does get traded I hope it's not to Toronto. Those fans are total a**es and would make fun of him every chance they get, they might throw waffles at him. Hopefully he goes to a legitimate team like Tampa where he has a solid chance to win the cup.

TO fans and media would be worse than Vancouver's fans and media.

It's amazing how quickly fans turned on this guy. He broke so many records here. He won 48! Games in one season. Was referred to as luongod!! And now he's a bum to some??!?

Like someone earlier posted his new team will be my second fav team. I'll always cheer for him for what he did for our franchise. He helped make this city attractive to free agents. Sedins may have walked if it weren't for him. So sad to see him like this.

I understand the business, and it prolly does make more sense to move him if u can. But I'll always love and appreciate the guy.

#1 in our programs and #1 in my heart

All I will say is that I hope all the haters in this city are happy. This city doesn't deserve to have a great goalie like luongo seeing as how he's been treated during his service here. If I were Schnider, I would seriously reconsider taking a deal here after all the crap this city has thrown in Luongo's face.. he's seen it and has remarked on it numerous times. Its pathetic and its sad.

Whatever you decide and wherever you end up next season Lu, be-it on another team or right back in the Vancouver net where you belong, I will support your decision and will always be thankful for what you've done for this franchise.

If we get anything decent for Luongo I'll be happy. Considering we only really gave up a 3rd pairing d-man in Bryan Allen to get him.

Bertuzzi was finished here and also missed most of his first season away from Vancouver with major back surgery, never the same again.

All I will say is that I hope all the haters in this city are happy. This city doesn't deserve to have a great goalie like luongo seeing as how he's been treated during his service here. If I were Schnider, I would seriously reconsider taking a deal here after all the crap this city has thrown in Luongo's face.. he's seen it and has remarked on it numerous times. Its pathetic and its sad.

Whatever you decide and wherever you end up next season Lu, be-it on another team or right back in the Vancouver net where you belong, I will support your decision and will always be thankful for what you've done for this franchise.

as usual, any one not on the bandwagon are "haters". Schneider is a better goalie......Luongo isn't being run out of town, he was beat out by a better, younger goalie........it has nothing to do with fans or media........he lost his spot, nothing more, nothing less.

I agree 100%.

Before Luongo we were battling to just make the playoffs and maybe win a round. Now we're in a position to make the playoffs every season and have a shot at the cup.

Fans will miss the days of having an all-star goaltender, and there's no guarantees that Schneider will become one.

Archived