The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

I hope everyone's happy. We've basically run the best goaltender we've ever had out of town. Our past captain, and a core member who has put up with everything we've thrown at him. Captain Kirk McLean and King Richard Brodeur are honoured in this city, while Roberto Luongo is treated like the court jester who people have grown tired of when he doesn't blow you away every time.

Good luck in the future Luongo. I'll be supporting you in the rest of your career, proudly wearing the jersey you signed for me.

This is what happens when your fans keep turning on you.

Plays amazingly well for two weeks, everyone loves him. Plays one bad game, and gets pulled, he gets boo'ed out of rogers arena. I don't feel sorry for him, I would want out of this city too. I just hope we don't do the same thing for Cory if he does become our number one goalie.

Maybe no matter what, Vancouver will always be a goalie graveyard, with the fans and the media to blame this time around.

I agree 100%.

Before Luongo we were battling to just make the playoffs and maybe win a round. Now we're in a position to make the playoffs every season and have a shot at the cup.

Fans will miss the days of having an all-star goaltender, and there's no guarantees that Schneider will become one.

I think Roberto has been put in a lousy situation and the negative commentary about Him is distasteful. He's still an excellent Goalie. I can't see why Lou would want to stay here at this point in this spotlight.

The Canucks were a one line team man. The defense was also nowhere near as good as the current set of guys.

Naslund also made a habit of not showing up in the playoffs.

The Crawford-era Canucks were nowhere near as good as the latest Canucks squad.

How long have you been a fan? The first 4 years Naslund was here we didn't make the playoffs. Over the next 5 years we lost in round 1 three times, lost in round 2 once and missed the playoffs.

When we got Luongo we lost in round 2, missed the playoffs (Naslund gets blamed and run out of town), lost in round 2 a couple more times then last season was the Finals appearance.

Source: http://www.hockeydb....gs.php?tmi=8756

I have a feeling both goalies will be back next year

If not, Schneider has a higher chance of leaving the team than Luongo

I don't think Gillis is stupid enough to put Schnedier as our number one goalie and have some guy who barely or never had NHL experience to be the backup.....that will fail big time

Luongo has played full seasons before, Schneider hasn't and therefore is not proven that he can play a full season without a reliable backup...unless we trade for a good backup goalie

Luongo will stay I'm sure of it but I hope Cory stays too and Lu be the backup

All I will say is that I hope all the haters in this city are happy. This city doesn't deserve to have a great goalie like luongo seeing as how he's been treated during his service here. If I were Schnider, I would seriously reconsider taking a deal here after all the crap this city has thrown in Luongo's face.. he's seen it and has remarked on it numerous times. Its pathetic and its sad.

Whatever you decide and wherever you end up next season Lu, be-it on another team or right back in the Vancouver net where you belong, I will support your decision and will always be thankful for what you've done for this franchise.

I don't think Gillis is stupid enough to put Schnedier as our number one goalie and have some guy who barely or never had NHL experience to be the backup.....that will fail big time

Luongo has played full seasons before, Schneider hasn't and therefore is not proven that he can play a full season without a reliable backup...unless we trade for a good backup goalie

How long have you been a fan? The first 4 years Naslund was here we didn't make the playoffs. Over the next 5 years we lost in round 1 three times, lost in round 2 once and missed the playoffs.

When we got Luongo we lost in round 2, missed the playoffs (Naslund gets blamed and run out of town), lost in round 2 a couple more times then last season was the Finals appearance.

Source: http://www.hockeydb....gs.php?tmi=8756

LOL no one ran him off, he is simply done here ... real pros dont worry about fans. He wants to be in Tampa and Cory fits the canucks...hopefully we dont sign him for more then a 3 year contract...those long contracts seems to breed complacent players.

I agree, Luo did do well here, but seemed to get alot slower this year....Cory is the man.

Archived