The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

I think this is what MG will do.

First, he'll try hard to resign Cory. If it is done, then he'll start looking for a new home for Lu if the re-signing of cory is taking a lot of cap space.

I don't see us trading away Lu before we've signed Cory.

Well played Luongo.

I think this comes down to Luongo not being so much a "saint" as Hockeyville88 put it, but rather coming down to a game of chess. Luongo was able to say to the public he is willing to be moved, but has put the responsibility on Gillis to demand the trade. This makes Luongo look like a saint, while if Gillis does ask Luongo to waive his NTC, then Gillis looks like a complete jerk.

I think this is Luongo's way of guilt tripping Gillis into finding a way to keep both goaltenders. This makes Luongo look like a complete team player (which has seemed to be characteristic of him lately) yet makes Gillis look coldhearted.

As far as the players go, I think Schneider should be our starting goaltender next season.

Facts for the this years playoffs: Schneider earned 100% more wins than Luongo did. Schneider had a save percentage of .960 while Luongo was at .891. Schneider's GAA was at 1.31 while Luongo's is at 3.59.

Facts for the regular season: Schneider earned 20 wins in 28 starts, Luongo earned 31 wins in 54 starts. Schneider had a save percentage of .937, while Luongo had a save percentage of .919. Schneider had a GAA of 1.96, Luongo had a GAA of 2.41.

Schneider was simply the better goaltender this year.

to tell you the truth its best for the canucks and for him. He can go to a hockey market where the pressure won't be on him at all and perform at his ease and canucks get something valuable in return. His cap hit isn't really that bad so I'm pretty sure there are teams that would take him.

I personally would try a trade with luongo involving going to coumbus just so canucks can try and get their 1st round pick or if not then go after rick nash

Luongo is not being run out of town because of the fans folks

Schneider is a fantastic goalie who had an unbelieveable season. He's younger, plays a better style of goaltending, and has a more favourable contract situation.

What else was Luongo going to say - "I'm not leaving and no one can make me?"

He's not running away because of the fans, he's simply recognizing that he's not the only option here anymore and that the organization has a decision to make

For those who can't read between the lines. This is luongo asking to be traded. He's sick of Vancouver the same way I bet Cody is. And the same way I bet Kassian is becoming sick of it too. Who's going to want out next, from this hockey market joke. MG said it best comparing us to Columbus.

I've been a luongo hater for the past couple seasons but i can help but feel a little bad for him. Its a crappy feeling no matter how much money you make, knowing ur not really wanted. He was the turning point of our franchise years ago, and i'll always give him credit for what he did for our team in his first few years in the organization.

Wow, Luongo is such a professional. The guy has never once complained about anything, heck, I even remember him defending the fans when asked about them booing him. I have so much respect for him and I hope that if we do end up parting ways, that he carries his next team to a Stanley Cup.

It's gonna be a sad day when (if) Luongo leaves Van city for good. With that being said though, thank god I'm not MG right now... what a predicament he is in. How can you trade away a goalie like CS? The guy has so much potential and looks to be emerging into the next superstar goalie in this league. He will come cheaper than Luo and we wouldn't make the same mistake in giving a lifetime contract. Wow, tough decisions ahead for the club.

Because he's being treated like crap by fans and media alike. He's become a joke and a punchline, despite putting up some of the best numbers of his career. His numbers are near identical to his ones in the second year here. And yet, still, 0 respect.

I hope everyone's happy. We've basically run the best goaltender we've ever had out of town. Our past captain, and a core member who has put up with everything we've thrown at him. Captain Kirk McLean and King Richard Brodeur are honoured in this city, while Roberto Luongo is treated like the court jester who people have grown tired of when he doesn't blow you away every time. Good luck in the future Luongo.

Archived