The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Ken Holland pointed out this teams' immediate future/problems when interviewed mid-season.

-Cody Hodgson, former CHL player of the year, can not be allowed to become a star as a Canuck.

-The Canucks also have to decide on the future of the Cory Schneider/Roberto Luongo tandem. The Canucks having two all-star calibre goaltenders isn't allowed.

While problem 2 is more surmountable (in theory, because of Lack), problem 1 is disturbing because Hodgson was Gillis' first draft pick as a GM. Hodgson improving so much in junior after being drafted made him a key figure in any plans Gillis had. But the more time passed, the more obvious it became that Hodgson would never be allowed to play as a Canuck, long-term. Gillis knew this, but he refused to trade him until he had some worth. Hopefully Kassian is worth it, long-term. (But likely not, since Hodgson is far more valueable as a center and a potential offensive star, while Kassian is a 2nd line banger, tops.)

Canadian teams have different rules than teams in the US. It's been that way since the dawn of the Gary (desperately trying to expand the US market) Bettman era. Cheers.

TOML

Yup and Cody didn't want to stay here either.

You think Kassian is getting sick of things?

Raymond? Kesler?

We may not have to blow up the team if the market runs all our players out of town and stops management from doing their jobs. I'm sick of the Vancouver hockey culture. It's the main reason we have trouble winning a cup.

Guest BuckFoston

And... before any deal happens they will want to lock up Cory. Imagine if they dealt Luongo only to have Cory simply accept his qualifying offer. If I am not mistaken, that would leave him as UFA at the end of next season.

Trade Schneider and keep LU...Jeez what does that say about our team when we attempt to demonstrate our commitment to a player through a long term contract and make him our captain, only to strip him of his captaincy and trade him 2 years after. He is an ALL STAR GOALIE who CHANGED this franchise around. :picard:

Guest BuckFoston

And anyone want to take bets on how long it takes for people to turn on Schneids if he becomes Goalie #1?? Because it's going to happen, just as it has, it did, with Luo. It boggles my mind how any goalie would ever want to play in Vancouver the way they get treated by a certain segment of the fan base and the media.

We had to get rid of one goalie and like I said to my wife "we should approch Luo and ask him what he wants for the future" well he made it easier for us to trade him.I would love him or Schneider, but looks like we gets Schneider the better of the two.This means Lack will be up next year and will give us another great pair!!Hope we get a sniper for the second line and a D man plus a first round pick or more then that,if not whom ever gets Luo gets a steal!

I am not the least bit surprised. I would want to leave too if I was treated like Luongo. I'm glad he's leaving because he deserves so much better. I hope he wins the cup one day, but not before us. I've always been a supporter of his and will be very sad when he's gone. He's done more for this team and city than the haters realize. Screw you Luongo haters. I'm very curious to see what we can get for him..

Archived