The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Going to be an interesting off-season. Pretty nice of Luongo to open up the options.

now we have more than just Florida and Tampa to work with. He's willing to be traded anywhere.

Washington, Columbus, Tampa, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida.

But I think he'll end up in either Minnesota or Toronto.

Backstrom only has 1 more year left and he's finished. Luongo would be the perfect replacement.

Luongo would fetch us a Luke Schenn or a Kadri.

Guest BuckFoston

For the record people THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE IS GETTING TRADED.

However, if he does, it is a business and we'll just have to accept it.

If a GM dumps a player who he only 2 years ago signed to a 12 year contract just because someone a little better came along the Canucks will never attract any big players ever again when they see that this is how seriously the organization treats their multi year offers - and by seriously I mean a big fat joke. Because at any moment, if they see someone better than you, they can just come up to you and ask you to waive your contract and take one for the team. But hey, we'll just have to accept it.

Maybe next they can start trading players during games and shipping them off without letting them say goodbye to their teammates like Montreal.

If Lu ends up in TB, they will instantly become a contending team and honestly they will be a better team than the Canucks, because the only thing they are missing is a goalie. They don't even need great goaltending because they can score their way but LU will give them great goaltending and they are getting an elite goalie.

I will follow them hard if he goes...

well, if Lu leaves, we wont have a backup goalie GOOD enough to be a "back up" Lack ISNT ready...I'd rather have both of them on the team, Schneids can start or whatever, and Lu can be a back up. WE KNOW they BOTH are great goalies, and the team doesnt have to be panicking about the back-up like we would to Lack. I know this wont happen, as for Lu being a backup...but Im just saying...Im HOPING. I can hope if I want!

Actually sports is a business it's about putting butts in the seats. If Luongo puts more butts in the seats than Schneider you keep Luongo, so that guy saying he only watches th games to see the Sedins and Luongo has a very relevant point.

I think he's thinking about how the other fans will appreciate him.

Man, it sucks how we have two awesome goaltenders and we weren't able to make use of both of them in the playoffs.

If he does get traded, I'm going to miss him.

Yup and Cody didn't want to stay here either.

You think Kassian is getting sick of things?

Raymond? Kesler?

We may not have to blow up the team if the market runs all our players out of town and stops management from doing their jobs. I'm sick of the Vancouver hockey culture. It's the main reason we have trouble winning a cup.

If a GM dumps a player who he only 2 years ago signed to a 12 year contract just because someone a little better came along the Canucks will never attract any big players ever again when they see that this is how seriously the organization treats their multi year offers - and by seriously I mean a big fat joke. Because at any moment, if they see someone better than you, they can just come up to you and ask you to waive your contract and take one for the team. But hey, we'll just have to accept it.

Maybe next they can start trading players during games and shipping them off without letting them say goodbye to their teammates like Montreal.

I think this comes down to Luongo not being so much a "saint" as Hockeyville88 put it, but rather coming down to a game of chess. Luongo was able to say to the public he is willing to be moved, but has put the responsibility on Gillis to demand the trade. This makes Luongo look like a saint, while if Gillis does ask Luongo to waive his NTC, then Gillis looks like a complete jerk.

Ya, because Luongo won us the Stanley Cup this year right?

Schneider was the better goaltender this year by FAR.

I don't understand all the Luongo fanboys in here. Don't get me wrong, I'll be sad to see him go because he was a great asset to this team and a great goaltender. The real problem is about what is best for the team.

The Canucks play better in front of Schneider. Schneider has proven he can play extremely well in pressure games.

I'll be sad to see Luongo go, but that will be attoned for when Schneider starts next season.

We need to get Teddy Purcell and Mark Barberio for him from Tampa!

Teddy Purcell (age 26) brings size (6-3), grit, along with +20 goals and +35 assists at least (this season 65 points).

Mark Barberio (age 22) (6-1)he would come in the Lu trade. This guy is an offensive dman who is really gifted. He won the Eddie Shore as the most outstanding dman in the AHL this season, putting up 61 points in 74 games and a +28 rating. He could easily be our offensive dman for years to come (imagine him and Weber or Connauton) quaterbacking our PP. Also he could grow as Tanev's partner along with him. A return of him and Purcell from Tampa would be amazing for our team.

Guest BuckFoston

I feel bad for Luongo... he's supposed to be the franchise goalie, and after everything he's done for us, he may never become just that.

Bah, love you Lu.

If this is the beginning of the end, it shouldn't be like this.

Sure, the dream of you hoisting a cup over your head crumbled to pieces over the past couple of years. But man, did you get us close.

You've raised the bar for us and people will quickly forget that, because they are short sighted. New flavour of the weekers who have no sense of appreciation. I hope we find a way to keep you because I'd be scared as hell to have my team face you.

Signed,

debluvslu

Ya, because Luongo won us the Stanley Cup this year right?

Schneider was the better goaltender this year by FAR.

I don't understand all the Luongo fanboys in here. Don't get me wrong, I'll be sad to see him go because he was a great asset to this team and a great goaltender. The real problem is about what is best for the team.

The Canucks play better in front of Schneider. Schneider has proven he can play extremely well in pressure games.

I'll be sad to see Luongo go, but that will be attoned for when Schneider starts next season.

Man, if he goes, I'll sure miss him. We've had so many great memories with Lu. All those great saves. The Stanley Cup run...I'll miss you. :( I'll always support you, Luongo! LUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Archived