The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Because he's being treated like crap by fans and media alike. He's become a joke and a punchline, despite putting up some of the best numbers of his career. His numbers are near identical to his ones in the second year here. And yet, still, 0 respect.

I don't think it's so much about the fans as it is about Cory Schneider's sudden rise as an elite goaltender. Until this year, no amount of complaining would have resulted in Roberto being moved. Suddenly, another goaltender has proven he can match Roberto and outperform Roberto in net.

Cory has claimed the starting goaltender's position with his play, and the team has known all along that one goaltender needed to be moved by the time he reached RFA status. Everybody has realized that the goaltending tandem/two-goalie model is unsustainable, as Cory will receive a hefty raise this year. Roberto also might not want to split games evenly with Cory and sit on the bench for 41 games for the next several years. This is a pivotal moment in both of their careers, and in order for each of them to play 60+ games, they can not remain on the same team.

Everybody knew one goalie would be moved. It is a matter of deciding which goaltender should be kept, and Roberto knows it is Schneider. The fans had little to do with influencing how well Cory has risen to the task of challenging Roberto and claiming the starting job.

I'm gonna miss Roberto,he helped us get better.Played some awesome games and seasons.But life always changes and if it didn't we would never grow as people.Anyone who has a marriage fall apart or similar serious part of their life changed knows it's hard<basically blows goats>but usually you learned a lot about life and yourself from it and you grow.

So to Lu and Cory best to both of ya.You have both shown outstanding sportsmanship,drive,skill and patience and the want to be part of something bigger then yourselves.I hope you both have the chance to enjoy playing the game ya love for many more years.

I'll cheer for whoever the starter is next year because they will be a canuck,not by my choice the media or the fans if you think whats said on here or in the papers matters to management your dreaming.But between periods if the other is playing you can bet I'll be channel flicking and cheering you on also.

To Cory have a awesome summer getting stoked to be starter in the NHL

To Roberto enjoy some sun, them kids and relax.You have nothing to prove to anyone.

Kudos to him. I think the media has massively piled the pressure on these goalies, it'll be a shame if both go. But great respect to him for flowing with the team.

And no, this isn't his PC way of saying he wants a trade. Not in the slightest.

I guess I am just really confused.

Every time Luongo played a bad game, or let in some goals, everyone was flaming him and wanting him out of town.

Now he gets a microphone in his face, and talks with a sad voice..... and everyone wants him to stay?

He said that he would always do what is best for the team....classy response from Luongo.

MG also said that he would be happy to have both Schneider and Luongo next year. That would be great if both goalies accepted that they were a tandem with no true # 1 guy.

Kes was playing injured, he will be back to his beasat mode when he trains in the summer, since his NTC kicks in :). Booth, I kinda understand, he was traded here during the mid-season, so he needs to adapt to the plays and players and stuff. Lu is the classiest player there is, hes been GREAT with the Canucks!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is saying that, we would get a BETTER return if we trade Schneider, than we would with Lu. I'd rather fix up our depth, than our goalie, because our goalie was NOT THE PROBLEM THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because fans want Schneider to be here next year does NOT make them Luongo bashers.

The difference is that I'm a Canucks fan first, and any other allegiance I have to players comes second.

Schneider gave us a shot this year to get out of the first round, Luongo did not. Sure, it wasn't the goaltending in the first place, it was the rest of the team, but Schneider gave the team a shot. Not to mention his better stats through both the regular season and playoffs.

I want the Canucks to win, as much as I like Luongo, if having Schneider here means we have a better shot at the Stanley Cup, then I hope Schneider is here next year.

Lu's willing (and probably wanting) to waive his no trade clause. It's official, we've pretty much run him out of town. I've been a Luongo supporter since day one, so I am really angry and upset right now. He was the reason we made the playoffs in 2007, he was the reason we became an elite team, he was the reason we made it to the finals, let alone didn't even get swept in them, and what did you guys do? "The Canucks lost one game, it was all Luongo's fault!" He's stolen more games then he has choked them! "Playoff underachiever?" Yeah that's why we made the finals. He's been trashed so much I wouldn't even want to stay here. I have so much respect for him for putting up with all of this. To all you Luongo haters (so about 80% of you) Good job, I hope you're happy. He hasn't been traded yet but it's pretty much unofficial that hes played his last game. Here is my sarcastic clapping for you. For Luongo, thank you for being the best damn goaltender we've ever had. Cory may become better, but you've lead us through some amazing times and helped us become the team we are now. You deserve better.

Mods I don't care if you lock this or not, I just needed to vent.

Archived