#481 the_slowburner

the_slowburner

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

POPULAR

Please, please, please don't trade Lu MG. To trade a guy who's been top 5 for the last decade for a guy who's played 70 games is crazy. Ya he was hot this year and you rode him in the playoffs, that's cool. But Lu can get it done, he just needs his confidence back and to play more.

Corys stock is as high as it'll ever be. He can easily fetch you a top 5 draft pick ( future superstar if you draft right ) and possibly a young top 4 guy (like a schenn or Johnson) if you add a few more pieces to the deal.

Watching that press conference broke my heart, have faith in Lu, I know it'll pay off. Don't listen to the media and irate fans - they'll turn on Cory too as soon as he has a bad couple games. Stay the course and use Cory to stock the cupboards.

I know I'll probably get flames for this cuz everyone hates Lu these days but please MG don't do it. Mark my words, it'll come back to bite you in the ass

#482 Kesler_smash

Kesler_smash

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

Anyone who thinks that the fans can run a player out of town is totally insane. If you think what people post on this message board or a few people in the crowd booing has any effect on who stays and who goes have your head checked. Also the amount of sympathy for these multi millionaires is bordering on ridiculous too...sure you are a fan of the player but I'm pretty sure they will get over it while rolling in their stacks of cash for playing a sport they love to play. I agree that Luongo has done a lot of great things for Vancouver but the melodramatic nature of some posters on this site would make you think we are chasing Luongo out of town with torches and pitchforks.

#483 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,583 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

It was a dream come true for me when we traded for Luongo. My all-time favorite goalie was traded to my all-time favorite sports team.

If you were to tell me this time last year that there was a very good chance of Luongo being traded, I would have laughed at your face.

It almost makes you sick, thinking about the fans and the management just spitting in Luongo's face after he ALMOST single handidly made this franchise into the elite franchise that it is today.

Wherever he gets traded to, I hope he wins the Stanley Cup with them.

Fallacy perputrated by Luongo fanboys. In fact, he was one piece of a bigger puzzle that included several players as impactful as Luongo

Kesler
Burrows
Hank
Danny
Hamhuis
Edler
Bieksa

Luongo did not single handedly save the franchise.......good drafting and player development during the Burker/Nonis era put this team in the position to benefit from a good goalie coming in and prviding some stability in the early years of that core........sadly, he (and they) could not get it done and now that core clearly plays better in front of a younger, more skilled goalie than they do in front of Luongo.

Also, Schneider is more valuable to this team than a top 5 draft pick is.

Edited by stawns, 24 April 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#484 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

If Luongo gets traded, i'll always support him. Hope he wins a damn cup one day!

But if he does get traded.... Whant an embarrassment by the team managers. Haha

Posted Image

#485 Nuck-Shot

Nuck-Shot

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Anyone else think this puts pressure on other gms not to try low balling gillis for one of our goalies this summer. They are both Jennings winners as should fetch good returns based on their respective tangables. I would rather trade Cory personally, because luongo handles the puck better, and always seems to have overachieving backups. See sabourin, Sanford, snider, ray croft... The list will go on to lack etc.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#486 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Anyone who thinks that the fans can run a player out of town is totally insane. If you think what people post on this message board or a few people in the crowd booing has any effect on who stays and who goes have your head checked. Also the amount of sympathy for these multi millionaires is bordering on ridiculous too...sure you are a fan of the player but I'm pretty sure they will get over it while rolling in their stacks of cash for playing a sport they love to play. I agree that Luongo has done a lot of great things for Vancouver but the melodramatic nature of some posters on this site would make you think we are chasing Luongo out of town with torches and pitchforks.

I agree its not as dramatic as people make it out to be and I agree criticism is not the reason Luongo recently said he'd waive his NTC.

That being said, the players have, on many occasions, made it clear that they think Luongo among others receive an undue amount of negativity in this city. I think this is largely directed at the media, but we all know who they are pandering to. While I don't think this is the be-all and end-all, I know as a player I always responded better to support and encouragement than being mocked and ridiculed.
T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#487 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Wonder how long will it be before Schiender becomes the target in this town.

If Lou is gone? Schneider will only a have few games unless he is perfect, then all the frustrated fans will have only him to point at. I hope it not to be true.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#488 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Noooo Luongo was one of our greatest goaltenders of all time. Wherever he goes or stays, he will still be one my my most favorite goalies of all time. Classy speech Lu I will always luuuuuu when you play!

#489 iinteenseee

iinteenseee

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

hahahaha they're "hanging him out to dry".

he regularly has playoff meltdowns, and in my opinion, lost the canucks the stanley cup.

and his backup is UNDOUBTEDLY better than him himself.

and even then they didn't say they would trade him for sure, he just said he would be willing to if they asked.

how is that hanging him out to dry? rofl youre an idiot

May I ask - how did Luongo lose the Canucks the Stanley cup? We had what, 8 goals in the entire Boston series? The TEAM choked - we were up 2-0 in the series and couldn't finish it in game 6 or game 7. Does Vancouver expect Luongo to score goals now too?!
I don't have stats on me to back this up, but Luongo played fantastic in the playoff run last year. Sure - he let in 4 goals in game 7 - but where the hell was the rest of the team in games 3, 4 and 6??

#490 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

don't get me wrong, we can get assets for Luongo, but most likely, they will be assets which have bad contracts. If for example, we deal with Tampa, it will be a bad contract for a bad contract

i.e. Luongo for Lecavalier
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#491 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Potvin Says hi!
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#492 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Good bye Shniiides~

#493 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

His list of teams would probably look something like this:

Tampa
Florida
Montreal
Detroit
Toronto

Chicago could be a wild card team for that list.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#494 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Just wondering if anybody knows the answer, but can teams not in the playoffs/eliminated, can they starting dealing and trading guys with other teams not in the playoffs?

Or trading and dealing can only start once the playoffs have finished??
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#495 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Tampa
Florida
Montreal
Detroit
Toronto

Well Luongo is from Montreal and he would love to join that team but I don't think Pierre Gauthier would be interested in him since Carey Price is their #1 starter and is still young.
Posted Image

#496 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Tampa
Florida
Montreal
Detroit
Toronto

Canadian teams would not be on his list. Fans are too nuts.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#497 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Luongo is the man! Classy act! I hope he stays in Vancouver and performs amazing again!
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#498 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

I just saw a thread about lack of motivation during the playoffs. It's right. We did lack motivation.

For me, the playoffs weren't as exciting without Luongo in net.

Luongo was the reason I started watching hockey. He inspired me since I was a child.

Every year, I watch the Canucks play, and now, it just isn't the same. I guess we'll all have to adapt to the change if Luongo gets traded.

One thing, and it's the truth(atleast for me): This team will never be the same without Luongo.
I already know some of your responses," It will be better." "We won't choke in the playoffs."

Luongo's been a great person here and now he has also accepted a trade for the team. The man is GOD.

Nothing against Cory though. He is a great goalie and deserves to be a starter somewhere if not here.

Thats just my opinion. Please let me know what you guys think.
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#499 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Lu is already setting the scene for an amicable separation. He always brought up the phrase that he will do what is best for the team. So when it comes time to waive his no trade clause he will do what is best for the team not what is best for Roberto Luongo.... come on give me a break. He admitted it was tough playing back up to an up and coming super star (blow some more smoke up arse). So the way I see it is He will be happy leaving for the "team" and the team will be happy for him in his endeavors and thank him for his time here and bla and bla and bla. Oh and did anyone else catch Gillis referring to him as Roberto Aquilongo and chuckled and made the correction.... No accident. Just my opinion based on nothing buy my own observation.

#500 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

I hope everyone's happy. We've basically run the best goaltender we've ever had out of town. Our past captain, and a core member who has put up with everything we've thrown at him. Captain Kirk McLean and King Richard Brodeur are honoured in this city, while Roberto Luongo is treated like the court jester who people have grown tired of when he doesn't blow you away every time.

Good luck in the future Luongo. I'll be supporting you in the rest of your career, proudly wearing the jersey you signed for me.

"we" ran him out of town?

first off - the province newspaper "ran" him out of town more than the average fan did... second off - luongo's play in the playoffs (mostly last season) "ran" him out of town more than the average fan did...

and THIRD off - HES NOT GONE YET
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#501 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,581 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Do you guys think getting rid of Ian Clark was a mistake?
Posted Image

#502 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Well there you go... that was easy wasn't it; and to think some people were all worried."oh no he has a ntc he can't be moved"..

I will say this, it certainly looks as tho Schneider is going to be the guy; Luongo has handled this amazingly. Props to the guy, never was a huge fan but he certainly is making me respect him alot more now. I don't think even a season ago he would of had this atitude so good on him and wish him the best whatever happens.

#503 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Do you guys think getting rid of Ian Clark was a mistake?

No, not at all. With Rollie Melandson, Schneider has developed extremely well and Luongo has been playing much better in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#504 Loselongo

Loselongo

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Fallacy perputrated by Luongo fanboys. In fact, he was one piece of a bigger puzzle that included several players as impactful as Luongo

Kesler
Burrows
Hank
Danny
Hamhuis
Edler
Bieksa

Luongo did not single handedly save the franchise.......good drafting and player development during the Burker/Nonis era put this team in the position to benefit from a good goalie coming in and prviding some stability in the early years of that core........sadly, he (and they) could not get it done and now that core clearly plays better in front of a younger, more skilled goalie than they do in front of Luongo.

Also, Schneider is more valuable to this team than a top 5 draft pick is.

Totally agree. When Luongo has a bad game, fanboys come out and say it's a team effort blah blah blah

When he has an awesome performance, it's Luongo all the way.

Get real people. This is the best goalie tandem ever and I hope they both stay and the hottest goalie plays. Trading Luongo will only be a salary dump in the best case scenario.

#505 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm all for keeping both, but after hearing what he said in the interview. people can see his real skin...if he's "doing it for the team" and "doesnt want to be selfish", then can he not renegotiate his current contract, and take a pay cut? If he was all about the team, then he would be part of "the covenant"..the real players that want this team to win and do anything it takes (ie take a huge paycut to better the team with more skilled players).

Are you for real? So Luongo is showing his true colours because he's not coming out and saying he'll do what, to my knowledge, has never been done before and cancel his current contract and renegotiate a new one in order to make less money? WOW.....

#506 Flying Man

Flying Man

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Totally agree. When Luongo has a bad game, fanboys come out and say it's a team effort blah blah blah

When he has an awesome performance, it's Luongo all the way.

Get real people. This is the best goalie tandem ever and I hope they both stay and the hottest goalie plays. Trading Luongo will only be a salary dump in the best case scenario.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather just lose Luongo, Mr. Loselongo?

:bigblush:
Posted Image

#507 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Luongo wants out of Vancouver and I don't blame him.

Remember that $2000 bet?

Posted Image

#508 canucksgirl1234

canucksgirl1234

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Lu is already setting the scene for an amicable separation. He always brought up the phrase that he will do what is best for the team. So when it comes time to waive his no trade clause he will do what is best for the team not what is best for Roberto Luongo.... come on give me a break. He admitted it was tough playing back up to an up and coming super star (blow some more smoke up arse). So the way I see it is He will be happy leaving for the "team" and the team will be happy for him in his endeavors and thank him for his time here and bla and bla and bla. Oh and did anyone else catch Gillis referring to him as Roberto Aquilongo and chuckled and made the correction.... No accident. Just my opinion based on nothing buy my own observation.

You're looking too much into it. There's a Roberto Aquilini in the organization too, it isn't surprising if he gets mixed up.

#509 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

I can't see how Lui stays when the insanity has gotten to this point.

#510 Gillyfluffball

Gillyfluffball

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

I wish there was some way we could keep them both but I do not see Lu agreeing to share the starter job and its not fair to Schneids to keep him as a backup. The guy deserves to have the number 1 goalie job. I think it would be better for Lu as well the fanbase here (yes me too sometimes too) is just brutal to our beloved Lu.

Tampa
Florida
Montreal
Detroit
Toronto

but If he has to leave us Detroit please because They are my second favorite team..and if worse comes to worse and he goes to the wild card team.. I want Toews or Kane as payment. Nothing lesss! So it won't happen.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 24 April 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.