The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

This could be the best trade or the worst trade for this franchise's future.

Don't be so hasty with trading Luongo, he is still a vital part of this team. And has anyone stopped and asked, does Schneider even want to sign here?

He's probably disgusted by the way fans treat Luongo. Do you think he really wants to play out the rest of his career in front of a bunch of ungrateful ingrates?

Yes. We didn't hire a GM to play sentimental favorites.

In this situation, salary cap issues prevent us from keeping both goalies. I'm in favor of putting both on the hook and seeing what kinds of offers we receive.

Fans get too worked up about individual players that they neglect the overall health of the team. The reason why can't dump under performing players is because it is often unfeasible to find better replacements.

Hypothetically, if someone offered to trade Malkin, Karlsson, Hartnell, Sharp and Neil for Kesler, Edler, Burrows, Booth and Lapierre, would you do it or would you hang on to our beloved Canucks based on what they've accomplished in the past?

This could be the best trade or the worst trade for this franchise's future.

Don't be so hasty with trading Luongo, he is still a vital part of this team. And has anyone stopped and asked, does Schneider even want to sign here?

He's probably disgusted by the way fans treat Luongo. Do you think he really wants to play out the rest of his career in front of a bunch of ungrateful ingrates?

Personally, I want what is best for the team. Schneider is the future.

But anyone who slights Luongo should pull their head from between their cheeks. The Canucks are unbelievably fortunate to be in the position to pick between two amazing goalies. I pick Schneids, but dont forget, part of the reason Schneider is so good, is because he trained under Luongo.

Can't believe some of the nucks fans. Get over it all of a sudden Luongo is everyones sweeheart? Give me a break, take a stand for a change. Luongo being shipped out is the best thing for the team and thats all that matters.

Gained a lot of respect for Luongo over the last week and how he has handled things but still would prefer him to be traded and hand the reings over to Schneider.

Ok keep him and watch his inevitable meltdown next playoffs IF we make it. He's already tanked two consecutive playoff runs. Do you want to gamble on a third? $5.3m for a bench goalie is bad business. Heartwarming stats don't win you a cup. You like him so much then beg him to stay because he already said he would be happy to leave.

No matter what happens... I hope Schneids and Lu both get cups in their careers. Preferably at least 1 of those with the Canucks. They're clearly great friends and have a lot of respect for each other & the team as a whole. Much respect to Roberto for all he's achieved & helped this team achieve.

he probably also realized that this team has no chance to win the cup. he was the best player in gm 1 and maybe gm2, Cory played lights out, and the team still can't score to save itself.

last SCF, he had to get 3 shutouts to win the cup. No goal support whatsoever. yet, the whole city blames him.

I'll get out of this crappy fan base too.

Don't forget that we've only been as good as we have the past two seasons because Luongo won the majority of our games. Give him a decent backup and we can be just as good. Plus he's proven that he can handle alot of games if necessary.

If we keep Schneider and we can't find a backup who is good enough to play 30+ games, there's no guarantee that Schneider can handle 70+ games.

It's a big gamble whether fans wanna believe it or not. There's been lots of goalies who looked like they were going to be elite (steve mason), and then fizzled out. At least Luongo has a track record that shows he can be elite consistently.

I've read a good chunk of these posts and for the EMOTIONAL/DRAMATIC fans and die-hard Lu supporters please...put your freakin' emotions aside. This is a professional sports team and last I checked....HOCKEY IS STILL A BUSINESS. He's NOT being run out of the town by FANS and MEDIA. They have NO INPUT on this matter. Y'all can say what you want and the media can churn out whatever they want. This is between the ORGANIZATION and HIM.

There's no doubt what Lu brought to the table over the years with this organization. He's an amazing goalie in his own right. When's he's on his game, he's amazing. When's he's bad, everyone crucifies him even if it WASN'T his fault. IMO, he's not a high pressure game goalie. The pressure, media, and fans/bandwagoners does get to him.

Over the past two seasons, the Canucks have fired his goalie coach, limited his ice time when Lu thrives on being a workhorse, played Schneids in big games, and then have Schneids take over the playoffs when it was suppose to be LU's job. Simply, the Jedi has been overtaken by the young padawan. Luongo has handled the whole situation with class and I truly respect him as a MAN because it's tough to swallow when you're a 5 million dollar starter sitting on the bench during the playoffs. At the same time, he has to handle the situation with class because he's also trying to sell himself to other teams.

Both sides understand the situation. They made their decision in game 4. The Canucks are going younger and Schneids have proven himself that he's capable of being a starter and he deserves it. He's just as good as Lu skill-wise, cheaper, calmer in high pressure games, can handle the media and scutiny with grace. Gillis sees it, AV sees it, so does Lu hence the praise during the video interview. It's not financially feasible to keep two goalies worth around 8+ million in cap space. Lu's right. It IS what's best for the organization. Lu won't stay if he won't get what he wants so the organization will do their best to find a team that will suit his needs. IMO, he needs the change of scenery. I guarantee in a low pressure market like Tampa where the attention is not on him, he'll definately win a cup for them. Being closer to the wife and kids also helps.

I'm sure both sides will handle this with grace and the media can finally shut up about this goaltending controversy.....................until Lack becomes a backup and outplays Schneids in the future.

Archived