The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Luongo Willing To Waive Ntc

Strombone1

Are you related to Zippy or are you one and the same?

Please stop representing your own thoughts and opinion as fact. You can't possibly know what Roberto Luongo feels or thinks and the only ego I see beginning to shine through, again, is your own......IMHO, of course. <_<

I'm all for keeping both, but after hearing what he said in the interview. people can see his real skin...if he's "doing it for the team" and "doesnt want to be selfish", then can he not renegotiate his current contract, and take a pay cut? If he was all about the team, then he would be part of "the covenant"..the real players that want this team to win and do anything it takes (ie take a huge paycut to better the team with more skilled players).

Guest BuckFoston

Um. Yeah... we will.

What, are you going to personally contact Mike Gillis and tell him to do something different? Or are you going to keep crying yourself to sleep over the loss of Luongo? There is only so much we can do as fans.

Cut down on the attitude buddy and don't twist my words. Where did I say I was crying myself to sleep or that Luongo is a sure loss? Nowhere. And I've said in many other posts that I like Schneider and he may very well be this team's future but what would be upsetting in the long run is how the organization handled the situation. If you don't want to go to players and ask them to waive their NTC's then maybe you shouldn't be signing them to 12 year contracts in the first place. I was clearly talking about the organization and not crying over Luongo or saying that I will all of a sudden not cheer for the team.

Don't bother replying, you have nothing interesting to say.

Schneider has been better than Luongo for one season...He's hardly fair to call him the better goaltender. I can't believe fans keep forgetting that Luongo had his best career statistically last season. Fans have really gotta think beyond THIS season.

He's not a former elite goaltender. Every year outside of this one he's consistently in the top 5 or top 10 goalie stats. Age should not be a factor. Seems to me Osgood won a cup when he was 36, Hasek won a cup when he was 37, and most recently Thomas won a cup at 37. So age doesn't matter if a goalie is still at the top of his game.

Every goalie has a bad season, and this was Luongo's. All it takes is one playoff run of a goalie catching fire to win the cup. That should have been last season but the team couldn't score more than 8 goals.

Wasn't that already reported? If not I'm sure his list will expand this summer.

Exactly. Without high end scoring for the playoffs, this team isn't gonna win even with allstar goaltending. We've learned that year in and year out.

I don't either but it is possible...Hawks lost to PHX because of their goaltending, and if he's is on the Hawks he won't have to face them and I'm sure the fans will accept him well. I always felt Chi fans were never bad with LU, Boston fans seemed a whole lot worse

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Nash

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Malhotra Kassian

D minus Ballard

Luongo

Lack

Or

Sedin Sedin Malone

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Malhotra Kassian

D with Ballard

Schneider

Lack

I dunno about you, but I think a team with Nash and Luongo is better than a team with Schneider and Malone. Both are real possibilities for trades.

Archived