The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans Need To Turn On This Organization If They Won't Make Any Changes

Rock Pile

To the O.P.: If you want to turn on our team, go ahead but don't let the door hit you too hard. I for one, though I'm saddened by the early playoff exit, shall remain a fan through thick and thin. Though they didn't deserve it, they still managed to win the Presidents Cup. Previous Canucks team could only wish they could come close. And even if they end up last place next season, I, and fans like me, will still root for our favorite team - the Canucks. Unlike bandwagon fans .....

this team got a bit weaker from last years team and other teams in the conference improved a lot = a first round exit for the canucks.

If Gillis does not make any huge changes but just adding plugs again for this year while pretty sure other teams again will get stronger = a low playoff seeding and a 1st round exit again.

Admittedly; this is a very negative post. If I were a moderator I might have locked it for being redundant.

But I'm educated on the Hodgson trade and still view it as a mistake. No need for Oh "FFS, educate yourself on the Kassian trade." particularly from a moderator. If Cody did not want to be here, fine. But get a reasonable return. Its embarassing that you, a moderator, thinks that someone is uneducated because they have a different view and your rude about it. You should resign!

And MG should have stood up and have a press conference of that magnitude, explaining his thoughts. As a Canuck fan it was obvious the trade hurt our chances this year. Instead, no press conference & tid-bits were leaked to the media that Cody was a whiner. Thats not professional. Its called covering your behind.

But, I also disagree with the OP. This was a mistake in an overall good job by MG, also AV. He might check with the scouting staff for some accountability as well. We did need that toughness, but more because all of the dress rehersals at training camp did not work out. We dont have a heap of toughness on the farm either (save Bitz or Kassian, whichever you wish to term a minor leaguer). I'm not in favour of blowing up a good core because of this year as a setback.

^^

Oh for FFS, give it a rest. And educate yourself on the CoHo/Kassian trade or try to be a little more forward thinking.

Glad to see Aquilini has substantially more brains than you do.

Really, eh? I'm sure he already has plenty of tar and feathers stuffed into his purse, too.

Admittedly; this is a very negative post. If I were a moderator I might have locked it for being redundant.

But I'm educated on the Hodgson trade and still view it as a mistake. No need for Oh "FFS, educate yourself on the Kassian trade." particularly from a moderator. If Cody did not want to be here, fine. But get a reasonable return. Its embarassing that you, a moderator, thinks that someone is uneducated because they have a different view and your rude about it. You should resign!

I agree ticket prices are high, however the NHL has to decide what type of hockey they want. Highly skilled teams, or just 4th line plugs just punching it out. The insanity has to stop. This year is the year of the "ONE TRICK PONY"...Great goaltending but great hockey not so much....even keepers who were at one time great have been no shows. Get rid of the armour elbow pads, and stop the head hunting star players.

Also stop the insane way games are ref'ed, Tight at the start of the year, all things go after Christmas and suddenly half way through the playoffs the rules are changed again. Make up your minds and stay with it for the whole dam season, otherwise I had it with this farce. (seemed the eastern games have been ref'ed very different from the games out west)

"BETTMANS" dream of LA vs NY Rangers cup final , is just a few bad on ice calls away..."BALLS"

It's just unbelieveable how the general consensus among the team is it's no-one fault. AV shouldn't be fired because of the excuses (2 Staight President Trophies - Canucks only won it because Rangers choked. If the Canucks played in a tougher division, they wouldn't have won it. AV is a nice guy. So being a "new guy" is reason enough not to make change and get a new voice? Seems to me the players tuned AV out during Kings Series and gave up on him. And the Canucks are using the "We were 1 win away from winning it all" Give it up. That's old. If AV or MG aren't fired, then all I see is more little tinkering, with the except of which goalie is moved. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Schneider is the one moved because he will bring more of a return then Lu. This really reminds me of Price/Halak in Montreal and how everyone expected Price to be the one moved and instead it was Halak that was moved. Huge mistake trading Halak. Price is overrated and has yet to accomplish anything.

Gillis should have learned what areas he needed to improve after the Finals/Boston Series. And his solution to toughness is trading Cody for Kassian, a guy who apparently isn't mature enough to be a NHL player. That would explain why he was in the press box. MG didn't have to move Cody at the deadline and could have waited until the off-season to do so.

Another excuse i'm sick of hearing is how the Canucks can't score because they run into hot goalies. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable. The last 2 series (Finals against Boston) and (1st Kings Series) they couldn't score in either series. It wouldn't have mattered who was in net, they couldn't score.

Sedin is delusional too, saying we didn't play poorly in the first two games. Guess you must have been playing a different game then everyone else was watching.

If Aquilini has any brains he would fire MG, because he's made alot of questionable moves that didn't work out and have big contracts.

It's just unbelieveable how the general consensus among the team is it's no-one fault. AV shouldn't be fired because of the excuses (2 Staight President Trophies - Canucks only won it because Rangers choked. If the Canucks played in a tougher division, they wouldn't have won it. AV is a nice guy. So being a "new guy" is reason enough not to make change and get a new voice? Seems to me the players tuned AV out during Kings Series and gave up on him. And the Canucks are using the "We were 1 win away from winning it all" Give it up. That's old. If AV or MG aren't fired, then all I see is more little tinkering, with the except of which goalie is moved. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Schneider is the one moved because he will bring more of a return then Lu. This really reminds me of Price/Halak in Montreal and how everyone expected Price to be the one moved and instead it was Halak that was moved. Huge mistake trading Halak. Price is overrated and has yet to accomplish anything.

Gillis should have learned what areas he needed to improve after the Finals/Boston Series. And his solution to toughness is trading Cody for Kassian, a guy who apparently isn't mature enough to be a NHL player. That would explain why he was in the press box. MG didn't have to move Cody at the deadline and could have waited until the off-season to do so.

Another excuse i'm sick of hearing is how the Canucks can't score because they run into hot goalies. I'm sorry but that is unacceptable. The last 2 series (Finals against Boston) and (1st Kings Series) they couldn't score in either series. It wouldn't have mattered who was in net, they couldn't score.

Sedin is delusional too, saying we didn't play poorly in the first two games. Guess you must have been playing a different game then everyone else was watching.

If Aquilini has any brains he would fire MG, because he's made alot of questionable moves that didn't work out and have big contracts.

not every team is like Pitts, get a new coach for one season and win a cup.... so if your dream is that then you should just forget about it. How did it took chicago to be a stanley cup champ under their gm and coach, how did it take boston to win the cup under their gm and coach. Everything takes time, so waht if we have a set back this year? Once small bump and you can't handle it already? Every gm makes some questionable moves cause they are humans not god. If you wan to turn on this team go head, because what this team is not bandwagons like you but real fans that supports them.

OP:

I'm sure the Canucks will make adjustments next year so we don't have yet another early exit.

But being as I'm not a bandwagoner / cry baby, I'm not convinced by your strategy of turning on the team if they don't make all the changes you personally want to see.

This team did not tune out AV in the LA series. From what I saw, it happened long before then. But it will take losing enough talent that it becomes obvious before anything is done about it. The curse of the Canucks right now is that they have been good enough to carry AV.

not every team is like Pitts, get a new coach for one season and win a cup.... so if your dream is that then you should just forget about it. How did it took chicago to be a stanley cup champ under their gm and coach, how did it take boston to win the cup under their gm and coach. Everything takes time, so waht if we have a set back this year? Once small bump and you can't handle it already? Every gm makes some questionable moves cause they are humans not god. If you wan to turn on this team go head, because what this team is not bandwagons like you but real fans that supports them.

I'm sorry, but are you mentality ill? ...Fire MG is the last thing the organization is to do....if you're unhappy with what he's done, go back to the 05'/06' seasons and live there where we were an unstable team that sucked. While your at it, go face Anaheim and San Jose back then too - I remember when we faced them, we knew it was over for us.

OP:

I'm sure the Canucks will make adjustments next year so we don't have yet another early exit.

But being as I'm not a bandwagoner / cry baby, I'm not convinced by your strategy of turning on the team if they don't make all the changes you personally want to see.

Archived