The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian Was 1 Of 6 Targeted By Gillis. Who Are The Other 5?

rizzuto&hatoum

WHO REALLY CARES. I'd LOVE to hear Cody's side of the what did MG call him? Higher Maintenance than all the other players combined.

YUP, they sure treated this guy right. This guy who had to have major back surgery that was misdiagnosed here. AND on it goes. Just wait until Cody has another summer of training with Gary Roberts. I hope that he does well in Buffalo and I'll always cheer for him.

WHO REALLY CARES. I'd LOVE to hear Cody's side of the what did MG call him? Higher Maintenance than all the other players combined.

YUP, they sure treated this guy right. This guy who had to have major back surgery that was misdiagnosed here. AND on it goes. Just wait until Cody has another summer of training with Gary Roberts. I hope that he does well in Buffalo and I'll always cheer for him.

I'm thinking the other 5 would fit a certain profile - 2009, 2010 entry draft picks, 6'2-6'4, former WJC players on the cusp of making it in the NHL. So the five I see are Ryan Johansen, Brett Connelly, Chris Kreider, Jarred Tinordi and Erik Gudbranson. Kreider was one of the kids the Rangers refused to include in a Rick Nash deal. I believe Tinordi was the unavailable player the Canucks wanted to draft before trading away the pick in the Ballard deal and Gudbranson looked really poised in the Panthers-Devil game.

Given that he was talking about young, gritty, large-framed power forwards, I assume the guys on the list were:

Z. Kassian

G. Landeskog

M. Lucic

D. Backes (who we all know MG already coveted)

E. Tangradi

Those 5 I'm very confident on. Not sure on the last one ...

Elliotte Freidman says Erik Gudbrandson and Kyle Clufford were on the list as well.

Sutter, Kassian, Carlson, Gudbrandson, Clifford, and now one spot remaining.

I'd provide a link to his 30 thoughts article but I'm on my phone.

Archived