Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kassian Was 1 Of 6 Targeted By Gillis. Who Are The Other 5?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#91 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'd take Kovalchuk and his 6.5M cap hit any day of the week over Hodgson who will most likely have a $3m+ cap hit after next season.

Kovalchuk is a superstar with raymond speed. Hodgson is a turtle, a weak one at that.

Kovy had 37 goals at a cap hit of 6.7 mil last season which equals to 5.6 goals per millionCody had 19 goals at a cap hit of 1.6m last season which equals 11.8 goals per million.Who was the better value. Yes Cody is due to get a raise but NJ is stuck with Kovy's insamely long contract for the next 12 years. Will Kovy still be a 6.7m player when he is 40? Personally I think Buffalo is in the better position.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#92 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,724 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

agree fire AV

Posted Image
Posted Image

#93 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Kovy had 37 goals at a cap hit of 6.7 mil last season which equals to 5.6 goals per millionCody had 19 goals at a cap hit of 1.6m last season which equals 11.8 goals per million.Who was the better value. Yes Cody is due to get a raise but NJ is stuck with Kovy's insamely long contract for the next 12 years. Will Kovy still be a 6.7m player when he is 40? Personally I think Buffalo is in the better position.

You're comparing Apples and Oranges. Kovalchuk was proven at the time he signed, Cody has one year under his belt and we won't know if he'll ever possess the game changing ability that Kovalchuk possesses. Of course Buffalo is in a better position. Kovy is older and there are expectations set where as Cody has none.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#94 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Carlson
Sutter fro
Carolina
JVR
There was a brown/Clifford package that LA bailed on...sigh, how things would have been different

Burke offered schenn and a second I believe and Gillis told him "Toronto did not have the assets they were looking for"

Not sure if Johansen was on the list, CBJ would not have done one for one

#95 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

I know your joking but I would way rather have Hodgson than Kovalchuk and his insane contract and yes I know Kovy is playing in the Stanley Cup finals now, just like Hodgson did last year.

Dude, if we got Kovy without giving up a Sedin, Kesler, Burrows, Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa or Luongo I would be very happy.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.