The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

** Cory Schneider Vs Cody Hodgson**

carlweezer

How did this prima donna self entitled little whiner Cody Hodgson look at himself in the mirror when he compares himself to Schneider across the dressing room.

Schneider has been the definition of a team player all these years. He was quoted today saying, "its been a long time since I thought about myself and whats best for myself" Everyone and their dog knows this kid had talent and capability to be a number 1 goalie 2 years ago yet we have never ever heard a peep out of him about himself. Everything had been about the team, and about supporting Luongo.

In fact after a game this year Schneider even defended Luongo after Luongo was pulled and ultimitely Boo'd off the ice by the Vancouver fans.

" Its getting pretty tiring, Its getting old how fans in Vancouver treat their goalies" Cory Schneider

Cory like Cody is pretty decorated himself. NCAA Regional MVP, u18 World Gold Medal and Silver Medeal, AHL goalie of the year.

Now on the opposite side of the Spectrum, this rookie in Hodgson, whined and complained to Gillis sooo much that Gillis said he has never dealt with anything more in the last 3 years combined, Everyone from Cody to Cody's agent and even parents had a self entitlement on what Cody deserves, non of which he had earned nor worked for in the NHL level.

Everyone on the Canucks must have hated this guy, especially those who worked for every single ice time they are getting, guys like Burrows in ECHL and even Kesler and Bieksa with the Moose. Sedins playing behind WCE and Andrew Cassels and of course Schneider behind Luongo.

Cody demanded out of Vancouver and for those who are still wondering why we didnt trade him after the playoffs instead, the answer is simple; why would any Canuck want to play with this guy? NO heart and no loyalty.

What Rookie demands to play over Hank (league MVP) and Kesler (Selke Winner)???

I for one will enjoy every speed bump and hurdle he faces because I know he doesnt have the will and the heart to fight through those barriers.

He was amazing for Buffalo when their season was on the line in the last 20 games! An eye popping 3 goals and minus 7 helping the Sabres miss the playoffs while playing 19 minutes a night!

Not sure why we boo guys like BERT who did tons for this franchise including get Luongo in return then give Cody a standing ovation his first game back in Vancouver.

Cody should be one of the most hated players in franchise history, a player who wanted out of Vancouver and demanded things he didnt earn. He did not want to be a Canuck and spat at the though of playing behind Henrik Sedin a league MVP and Kesler a Selker winner.

I think we as fans are horrible when it comes to treating players. Even with luongo, we look at one or two of meltdowns as oppose to all the great things he has done.

It's mostly the media who plants the seeds of negativity and most fans just repeat what the media deems negative and the cycles goes on.

Honestly I was the biggest Cody fan, when everyone doubted him over the years I was one of the few vigorously defending coho, using the Kyle Turris example.

My favorite player has always been Ryan Kesler but when Cody got here it started to change to him, I was gunna buy his jersey before he got traded.

When we heard about him wanting out I thought it was more to do with the coaching staff and it was just a recent thing, I thaught our organization made it seem worse than it was.

But man when I saw the Gillis interview... I kinda agree with you, but with less harsh words, how he thinks as a rookie that he is entitled to be higher in the line-up on the best team in the league, it's really demanding too much (not that he said that, there all just assumptions, but it was probably part)

I just lost alot of respect for him, I still like him as a player but i'm disappointed, that he would just walk out on our organization, after all the time and patience we put into him.

I don't know why, he would hold a grudge, but that's not something a player that is slated to be a "future captain" would do, i'm just kinda "heart broken" I guess that this whole situation went down and he won't be here because I really thought highly of him.

Not as much anymore I guess.

Guest BuckFoston

How did this prima donna self entitled little whiner Cody Hodgson look at himself in the mirror when he compares himself to Schneider across the dressing room.

Brad Zeimer/Sunsational segment on Gillis / Cody Hodgson comments CKNW 10:55 pm Tuesday

Surprised and I wonder would he have said this if the Canucks had a successful playoff run?

I was surprised by the timing of the trade and questioned how it benefitted them short term.

Gillis did not speak highly of Cody.

Defensive deficiencies.

His very first draft pick and he loved Cody's character then.

Canucks maintain they sign and acquire high quality individuals.

Would have conducted exhaustive due diligence before making Cody his very first draft pick.

What Gillis did not conveniently say is that the time he put in for Cody was based upon the fact he had to do it.

His coach called the kid out in his rookie training camp and it was Canucks medical staff that had misdiagnosed him.

Too bad he had to cover his medical staff and coach's butts and put some extra energy into taking care of his first ever draft pick.

Poor Mike made some bad decisions and prefers to deflect responsibility like the astute lawyer he is.

Check out the video of jannik hansens interview tape bomb. At the end jannik says " Cody you hit me and I'll knock you out". And everyone laughs. That suggests that hansen isn't afraid to put hodgson in his place, remind him that he hasn't earned the right to join in the high jinks yet or has done something to put him beyond "the circle of trust".

On te other side of the coin, Cory has been professional about where he sits, when his opportunities come he makes the most of them and is grateful. He's highly intelligent and knows that his contracts and time he has earned are part an parcel of being a rookie and part of the NHLPA's ongoing gains and limitations as a whole. I can see Cory being part of the nhlpa's committee later in his career.

I can't believe there's even a thread about this.

Compare the relative volume of negatives and positives of both players.

Cory schnieder was and is going to be a much bigger impact player and human being in this league. And I don't type this as a faceless idiot behind a computer. I wish that Cody would read this and get my point. I wish him the best moving forward and I hope he learned something here. He's a pretty good player and has a ton of potential, just needs to swallow some pride and have a little more "Cool Hand Luke - yes boss! All the while smiling". Damn I love that movie.

Archived