The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

** Cory Schneider Vs Cody Hodgson**

carlweezer

When did he compare himself to Schneider? Were they in competition for something? I'm not sure what the two even have in common for you to start a topic like this and draw parallels... well, their first names are almost the same so that must be it? I don't get it.

You also sound incredibly angry. Roid rage is a bummer.

Canuck fans are horrible and a disgrace tbh. Everyone seems to already think that Luongo is overated and worthless, it's a complete joke.

As for Hodgson, we know very little about the situation. Obviously we know he wanted more ice time but maybe he had problems with the city itself. Don't know about you but if i was in a city i didn't like i would find it hard to be motivated. Now I am not defending the guy, but we do not know the whole situation. If what we hear is true, then i am ashamed. He is a young player that has to pay his dues, and hopefully there is more to the situation than we know.

How did this prima donna self entitled little whiner Cody Hodgson look at himself in the mirror when he compares himself to Schneider across the dressing room.

Schneider has been the definition of a team player all these years. He was quoted today saying, "its been a long time since I thought about myself and whats best for myself" Everyone and their dog knows this kid had talent and capability to be a number 1 goalie 2 years ago yet we have never ever heard a peep out of him about himself. Everything had been about the team, and about supporting Luongo.

In fact after a game this year Schneider even defended Luongo after Luongo was pulled and ultimitely Boo'd off the ice by the Vancouver fans.

" Its getting pretty tiring, Its getting old how fans in Vancouver treat their goalies" Cory Schneider

Cory like Cody is pretty decorated himself. NCAA Regional MVP, u18 World Gold Medal and Silver Medeal, AHL goalie of the year.

Now on the opposite side of the Spectrum, this rookie in Hodgson, whined and complained to Gillis sooo much that Gillis said he has never dealt with anything more in the last 3 years combined, Everyone from Cody to Cody's agent and even parents had a self entitlement on what Cody deserves, non of which he had earned nor worked for in the NHL level.

Everyone on the Canucks must have hated this guy, especially those who worked for every single ice time they are getting, guys like Burrows in ECHL and even Kesler and Bieksa with the Moose. Sedins playing behind WCE and Andrew Cassels and of course Schneider behind Luongo.

Cody demanded out of Vancouver and for those who are still wondering why we didnt trade him after the playoffs instead, the answer is simple; why would any Canuck want to play with this guy? NO heart and no loyalty.

What Rookie demands to play over Hank (league MVP) and Kesler (Selke Winner)???

I for one will enjoy every speed bump and hurdle he faces because I know he doesnt have the will and the heart to fight through those barriers.

He was amazing for Buffalo when their season was on the line in the last 20 games! An eye popping 3 goals and minus 7 helping the Sabres miss the playoffs while playing 19 minutes a night!

Its funny how Mike Gillis says he likes to keep the matters behind closed doors. Right after that he basically tells us Cody wanted out or more ice time over an Art Ross and Selke winner. If Mike Gillis wants to keep the situation private then he should have just STFU.

I believe he said that to secure his job as well. If Hodgson becomes an absolute stud and Kassian doesn't live to his potential, his excuse would be that Hodgson didn't want to be here.

Its funny how Mike Gillis says he likes to keep the matters behind closed doors.  Right after that he basically tells us Cody wanted out or more ice time over an Art Ross and Selke winner.  If Mike Gillis wants to keep the situation private then he should have just STFU.

I believe he said that to secure his job as well.  If Hodgson becomes an absolute stud and Kassian doesn't live to his potential, his excuse would be that Hodgson didn't want to be here.

Archived