The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows

Super_Canuck

He will get around 3 - 3.5 but he can easily get 4+ anywhere else , I think he'll end up taking 3.25 - discount again and all because he know's it'll be difficult playing without the sedins and the guy's he's with now is a super tight knit group - I doubt he'll want to leave because of money aka ehrhoff - clearly saw how well that worked out for him.

Burrows will stay - you know he loves VANCOUVER!!

You know, I have to wonder. I think Burr could be a player that stays with us for the duration and takes a discount every time. Sure a lot of other teams would want a player like him, but he seems like the type of guy who really appreciates the opportunity the Canucks gave him since no one else was going to give him the chance, and is going to repay them with everything he has if he can. I think for him it's really, truly about the hockey, and not the money. Not in the slightest. He deserves it, definitely, but will he push really hard for it? Maybe not.

The only way I could see him moving on is if the Canucks didn't want him anymore at all.

Some of you guys suggesting between 3 and 3.5 million are in for a big shock. Burrows will get at least $4 million and that in itself would be a good deal. His goal total during the last 4 seasons:

2011/2012: 28 goals

2010/2011: 26 goals

2009/2010: 35 goals

2008/2009: 28 goals

Players who put up that kind of goal production over that long a period are generally good for north of $5 million. The only reason he likely won't get that is A) He's a team player and will probably take a discount again and B) He has shown he's fairly unproductive away from the Sedin line, although he is still a great defensive forward and PK'er.

If Gillis can re-sign him to a deal 4 or 5 years long at $4-4.25 million per then I'd be happy. This guy is a true Canuck and should remain one.

Some of you guys suggesting between 3 and 3.5 million are in for a big shock. Burrows will get at least $4 million and that in itself would be a good deal. His goal total during the last 4 seasons:

Players who put up that kind of goal production over that long a period are generally good for north of $5 million. The only reason he likely won't get that is A) He's a team player and will probably take a discount again and B) He has shown he's fairly unproductive away from the Sedin line, although he is still a great defensive forward and PK'er.

If Gillis can re-sign him to a deal 4 or 5 years long at $4-4.25 million per then I'd be happy. This guy is a true Canuck and should remain one.

i would be happy to sign him for $4M. He has been a great asset to the team, has heart and definitely has the dedication. Not a bad price for a player that can play on both sides of the ice and play anywhere from the top line to the 3rd. Although, for a $4M price tag top 6 role should be utilized.

Next off season Burrows will ink a 4 year 3.5 mill deal/ Edler will get 5 year 4.25mill deal/Kassian might replace Higgins but if we resign Higgins he will get 2mii for 1 year/ Lapierre will ink 3 year 1.375mill deal/ tanev will get 1.375 for 2 years

Burr needs to stay on. He should be given a 3-4 yr deal front loaded from 5mil to 2 mil for a cap hit of 3.25 mil. honestly people, he doesn't show it when he's injured, he's a hard working player and it pains me to say it, but he is getting old for a guy in his role. I dont think he will go more then 4 more years barring an injury.

Archived