The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Love The Team, Hate The Fans.

Bur14

The problem this year was that even though the playoffs started, the city just seemed to lack the buzz. It was like we didn't care that the playoffs started and the team seemed to have played with the same emotion. Seems like people just fell for the hype that we would automatically make the finals and no one wanted to get excited until we got there again.

I agree with pretty much everything you stated. I'm in high school right now, so if you think You are surrounded by idiots, think again, I am probably worse off than you. I get tons of morons coming up to me and asking stupid questions, making stupid remarks, all kinds of things. But I also know that there are very knowledgable and true fans out there, probably better than myself as well, so dont sweat it.

The problem this year was that even though the playoffs started, the city just seemed to lack the buzz. It was like we didn't care that the playoffs started and the team seemed to have played with the same emotion. Seems like people just fell for the hype that we would automatically make the finals and no one wanted to get excited until we got there again.

The op makes some good points but some the other posters make good points to, this sounds more like a rant.

Having said that some "FANS" do rag on players alot(not that it truly matters in the grand sceme of things) for example in the case of Luo, you need not but whisper his name and it starts a sh*t storm of monument proportions. All the haters come out and instead of talking on an adult level with everyone they stoop to new lows, quite sad when you think about it. I think mabey this is what the op was trying to say, I could be wrong but thats what i took from it.

Not bad post!

The OP acts like Vancouver is the only fanbase that rags on the players... Here is a news flash which may shock some people: It happens to every team in every sport.

Why is this so? It is because you can't please everyone all the time.

So the OP just wrote out a page of a useless rant that serves zero purpose.

The fans of Vancouver are a passionate bunch. We want a cup and when we dont get it we are not happy campers. Sure we go out after a 5 game ousting and say "firesale!" to get rid of everyone. Doesnt mean we all mean it, we are just depressed at the ending to another fantastic season.

Take a look at Toronto and Montreal. Passionate fans that just want some consistent success but are much more rabid and hate filled than Vancouver fans are.

Your perception of fans in Vancouver seems to be tainted by the media. I live in Oregon. It is very clear that everyone from the NBC hates Vancouver. Kieth Jones, as dumb as he is, could not wipe the smirk off his face after game 5. People are talking about how VAN was the team embellishing and flopping that entire game. Maybe i didnt notice but i didnt see much of it. However, I did see Brown, Richards, Penner and Quick throwing their heads around and falling if there was a chip in the ice. Still everyone in the media thinks it was the Canucks flailing all over.

I am very sad we lost in the first round. I was pissed off we got shut out in game 7 of the SCF. I still wear the green and blue with pride everywhere i go. This Canucks organization is great, the fans are great. Media is dumb. I was reading a Bleacher Report (ya i know, they make me laugh) article written when the Kings eliminated Van and they made it sound as if the Kings just freed the world from the clutches of a tyrant.

You cant hate fans that bleed blue for a cup. You can give them reason to believe so that they see the team we have is awesome, that there is no need to sell everyone and rebuild. Just continue to tinker with the roster in small amounts. We are so close as a team. The window may be closing in the next few years. So for these next few years why dont we all continue to give 150% for the team we all love and realize, we are all fans or as the team says. We are all Canucks.

100% agree with the post, although I feel the whining and unrealistic expectations are mainly by the new fans, most of them pretty young. (who of course are the majority on these boards)

The best teams, in any sport, give you a chance to win year in and year out.

For the first time in the history of this franchise we have that, and will continue to have that.

The only other fan base that expects more are NY Yankee fans, but they have 26 championships and no salary cap/almost limitless resources.

Guest gumballthechewy

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

The fans of Vancouver are a passionate bunch. We want a cup and when we dont get it we are not happy campers. Sure we go out after a 5 game ousting and say "firesale!" to get rid of everyone. Doesnt mean we all mean it, we are just depressed at the ending to another fantastic season.

Take a look at Toronto and Montreal. Passionate fans that just want some consistent success but are much more rabid and hate filled than Vancouver fans are.

Your perception of fans in Vancouver seems to be tainted by the media. I live in Oregon. It is very clear that everyone from the NBC hates Vancouver. Kieth Jones, as dumb as he is, could not wipe the smirk off his face after game 5. People are talking about how VAN was the team embellishing and flopping that entire game. Maybe i didnt notice but i didnt see much of it. However, I did see Brown, Richards, Penner and Quick throwing their heads around and falling if there was a chip in the ice. Still everyone in the media thinks it was the Canucks flailing all over.

I am very sad we lost in the first round. I was pissed off we got shut out in game 7 of the SCF. I still wear the green and blue with pride everywhere i go. This Canucks organization is great, the fans are great. Media is dumb. I was reading a Bleacher Report (ya i know, they make me laugh) article written when the Kings eliminated Van and they made it sound as if the Kings just freed the world from the clutches of a tyrant.

You cant hate fans that bleed blue for a cup. You can give them reason to believe so that they see the team we have is awesome, that there is no need to sell everyone and rebuild. Just continue to tinker with the roster in small amounts. We are so close as a team. The window may be closing in the next few years. So for these next few years why dont we all continue to give 150% for the team we all love and realize, we are all fans or as the team says. We are all Canucks.

Love the comments about people who are saying why do you hate me?! $%^& you!!!

Obviously just read the title then hit the post button.

I agree with the OP sometimes I'll be sitting ina pub and i'll hear somethings that other canucks fans are saying and im like "WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Seriously i understand why our fan base is the most hated.

Let me get this straight. I don't hate all the fans, I hate the bandwagon jumpers, and the people who complain about this team to change everything when we still have any amazing team. Which seems to be a lot of people.

A lot of you are saying I'm am one of them. Sorry for coming on here for the first time and years and voicing my opinion. Which others i've talked to around BC have agreed with and respect me for it.

I used to enjoy coming to CDC on a daily basis when i was a teenager and i still don't mind some of you. I made some really good friends from here. I actually see some of them in life instead of behind the screen and talk hockey on a weekly basis.

We all have here something in conman which is are love for this team. No one has to agree with one another I'm just saying how i feel. So if you don't like it then move on to the next thread.

I also feel its ironic you think were hated just because were cry babies and always complaining, if you venture onto other forums with other teams of various fanbases they will also tell you they find us extremely arrogant for a team that never won the cup, and thats what your post says to me. We won 2 president trophies, we made it to game 7 of the stanely cup...

We have done everything except win the cup and thats what counts. This team is not above criticism, we are not so good that criticism and change is something absurd and unreasonable and should not even be discussed.

I like your passion, but I dont believe in blind faith, you can support the canucks and think they are awesome and everyone is overreacting and being cry babies, but some of us base greatness on results.

I am a big time Nucks fan, I love how passionate our fan base is, I just don't love how they show their passion, its not very humble or representative of our team. I just wish that people would be a little more level headed and calm on these boards, after all it is not my fault that the canucks lost this year so why hate on me? or any one else for that matter?

My feeling is that we could all be a little more understanding of what each other is trying to convey in their posts, and not flame them just because you don't approve of what they say or feel about specific topics of discusion. This is where a lot of other fans around the league are most likely trying to say, they don't hate you personally, they hate the way you coney your messages and responses to other peoples posts.

So I can see why other fans would look upon us the way they do, mabey we should try to clean up our act a little and be as classy as our team is!!!!!

Archived