The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Will Schneider Get?

FaninON

I'm less certain of that.

Lu has a LOT of harsh critics in this city, and the media. However I doubt that and good GM's give a lot of weight to the media narrative. Schneider seems destined to become a star goalie, but as hard as it may be to believe he's still yet to prove that. He made a strong case, but until he has that first 60-70 game season it's not known what he's capable of. Lu's strung together numerous such seasons, posting fantastic career numbers in both the regular season and the playoffs. He's not old by goaltending standards, and his cap hit is very attractive for what he brings.

I love Lu, and I still believe we should keep him and trade Schneider. Lu is a prove goalie, and still has several good years ahead of him, but I think he would bring less than Schneider because some teams (like Tampa) wouldn't want to pay Lu's salary.

if you can sign him before free agency then maybe you get him for 3.5-4 per for 3 years but i say if he hits restricted free agency, he'll get 4-5 per year for 5 years...I sure dont want another goalie for a long period. Look around the NHL, most goalies last about 3 years and then fade away

Archived