Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Av Hasn't Done A Bad Enough Job To Get Fired

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I disagree that LA has a better playoff team than ours.
Posted Image

#32 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Ken Hitchcock would've been a good candidate - too bad the timing for that didn't work out, and he ended up with the Blues.

That would be swell. I'd rather watch paint dry than a Ken Hitchcock coached team. All the buffoons on here that call AV a "defensive" coach would get to actually see a "defense only" system with Hitchcock.
Posted Image

#33 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

learn to English, and lose the font.. Ass

Thanks, that was good for a laugh. +1
Posted Image

#34 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

I treasure the memory and character of Trevor Linden but can you recall what success he had winning a cup. You can be the best captain in the NHL however that does not suggest in any way that because you are a good captain you will win the cup. Henrik is a great captain; he is frthright, speaks with integrity and from all indications is admired by the players on the team and when you consistently score 80 - 100 points per season, that indicates you are also leading by example as well. What more can a good captain do?
I believe Henrik is great at leading by example and the team obviously admires him. Inspiring? I just cant see it as much. Linden has taken a far worse team just as far as Henrik ever has. The difference is, the Canucks in 94 somehow were inspired to play their hardest every game. They were outmatched, and the only reason they got so far was their determination.(not saying it was all Linden, but I believe with out him they would never have gotten that far) I just see Henrik as more of an assistant Captain. No offense to him.

You can't compare Trevor to Henrik fairly because it does not in any way give either of them their just dues as hockey players. They are two different characters and players who have both enriched Vancouver fans during their tenures with the Canucks.

I dont see how their dues as hockey players have anything to do with being a captain. Its about leadership qualities.

For debate sake how might you debate the fact Henrik is an Art Ross Trophy winner and Trevor unfortunately did not attain that distinction. See how wrong it is to even try to compare them to each other.

Who do you think makes a better captain, Toews or Stamkos? I am strictly speaking about their qualifications to lead a team. The Art Ross trophy has no correlation with leadership abilities. Half the teams in the NHL have defenseman as Captains. If points mattered that much, Pavel Bure would have been the Captain instead of Linden.

Edited by Deets, 25 April 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#35 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Even I can win games if I coached this stacked team.
Posted Image

#36 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hes been a great coach, but its time.

Im not very keen on watching this team continue to play like they have been, clinging on for dear life to one goal leads when we have all this talent.

AV was able to get them prepared and motivated in the past, but they were on autopilot in game one in the playoffs... too much trying to hang on to one goal leads for a majority of the game... we know how good this team can be, and Id rather not wait until its February 2013 and we are out of the playoffs for it to be made obvious that a change is needed.

Thanks very much AV for everything, and Im sure you wont be out of work for very long.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 25 April 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#37 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

I would agree with replacing him, only if we can get something better.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.