The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Twins Really?

Just throwing this out there,and I know it's not going to happen. BUT!

The twins at $12.2 total for Nash $7.8 and Johnson $4.357.

first line now looks like this.

Nash/Kesler/Burrows

Why I would do this is it's makes for a more physical first line for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love Hank and Daniel but I'm really sick and tired of watching them get pushed around in the playoffs.

Given the fact that some other players will probably get traded this summer a second line center should not be hard to find.

Your opinons please, and keep an open mind.

Are you kidding me? Kesler cannot center a 1st line and Burrows is not a 1st liner, let alone a top 6 player without the Sedins. Our 1st line and power play will be significantly worse without the Sedins. What we need to do is add a player that can play with the Sedins and produce in the playoffs.

LOL, not even close to good value for 2 of the best players in the nhl. Henrik is an ironman, and will likely play longer than Rick Nash. Rick nash is one of the most overrated and overpaid players in the nhl. He has not even hit 80 points before, and he is not even close to 2 100 point players. Jack Johnson is good, but not nearly good enough to make up that difference.

Just throwing this out there,and I know it's not going to happen. BUT!

The twins at $12.2 total for Nash $7.8 and Johnson $4.357.

first line now looks like this.

Nash/Kesler/Burrows

Why I would do this is it's makes for a more physical first line for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love Hank and Daniel but I'm really sick and tired of watching them get pushed around in the playoffs.

Given the fact that some other players will probably get traded this summer a second line center should not be hard to find.

Your opinons please, and keep an open mind.

LOL, not even close to good value for 2 of the best players in the nhl. Henrik is an ironman, and will likely play longer than Rick Nash. Rick nash is one of the most overrated and overpaid players in the nhl. He has not even hit 80 points before, and he is not even close to 2 100 point players. Jack Johnson is good, but not nearly good enough to make up that difference.

The Jackets will probably want younger pieces for Nash even then the value in this deal is simply not good. Sedins are worth more than this.

Rick Nash is so overrated and overpaid that it is STUPID. People here think of him as a demi-god. Trade Luongo or Booth for Nash and I will be okay but not satisfied due to his contract. Trade the Sedins for Nash and am calling the mental hospital.

Your proposal, I thought was a joke based on the title. Then I read it, and did this :picard:

Why do you propose to trade ppg playoff players, when we struggled offensively in the post-season?

Sedins are going to retire Canucks.

Yeah right, the Jackets want to win now, not 15 years from now. Jackets will take that deal and run like hell. So you don't think Jackets take that deal? Whats more important to the Jackets? make the playoffs or rebuild like the Oilers. Their GM might get fired next year if they don't make the playoffs.

The Jackets will probably want younger pieces for Nash even then the value in this deal is simply not good. Sedins are worth more than this.

Nash is worth more than Luongo or Booth. Guy is 27 years old and has hit 30 goals for the past 5 straight years. He also managed that without a no.1 center which imo is quite impressive. Put Nash along with playmaking center and you might get a season out of him like Gaborik had this year. Nash maybe overrated but he is still a star in this league and a very good goalscorer, those don't come cheap. His contract is a bit of an issue but it isn't one of those contracts that lasts till he is 40.

The only way this makes sense for them if they flip the Sedins for a better return elsewhere (and that is simply not practical as it essentially makes the organization look bad). I have heard the same tired old argument every time. The GM might get fired so he is going to make a move that makes no sense for his team. I am sorry but no GM will ever do that. Just look at what happened to the GMs that made stupid moves in order to stay competitive. You essentially torpedo your career by making these kind of deals because even though there is a good chance that Howson is canned he probably has hopes that he will get hired by another team.

How long can the Blue Jackets miss the playoffs? Tell me? They don't have the time to rebuild like the Oilers and even then, it is not guaranteed that you will be a great team. The Blue Jackets would relocate before their players become impact players or they make the playoffs. Also trading Nash for Sedins would win you the GM of the year. Our GM is not stupid to do that deal with CBJ. You must be really stupid if you think CBJ won't do that deal. They would do it in a heart beat and throw in Johansson and their 2nd overall to boot. People in this board only think about the future or potential, they don't even think about the business side of the deal. Sedins will make CBJ money when they get into the playoffs.

Archived