Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The Twins Really?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 FaninON

FaninON

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Just throwing this out there,and I know it's not going to happen. BUT!

The twins at $12.2 total for Nash $7.8 and Johnson $4.357.

first line now looks like this.

Nash/Kesler/Burrows

Why I would do this is it's makes for a more physical first line for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love Hank and Daniel but I'm really sick and tired of watching them get pushed around in the playoffs.
Given the fact that some other players will probably get traded this summer a second line center should not be hard to find.
Your opinons please, and keep an open mind.

#2 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Nash/Kesler/Burrows

But what does the second line look like?
Posted Image

#3 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

But what does the second line look like?

The first line... but with mustaches.

Posted Image

#4 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Yes, let's trade back to back Art Ross winners for someone who hasn't cracked 80 points (and a defenseman).

Sure I like Nash but I don't like him that much.
Posted Image

#5 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

The first line... but with mustaches.

:bigblush:

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#6 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Your proposal, I thought was a joke based on the title. Then I read it, and did this :picard:

Why do you propose to trade ppg playoff players, when we struggled offensively in the post-season?

Sedins are going to retire Canucks.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#7 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Are you kidding me? Kesler cannot center a 1st line and Burrows is not a 1st liner, let alone a top 6 player without the Sedins. Our 1st line and power play will be significantly worse without the Sedins. What we need to do is add a player that can play with the Sedins and produce in the playoffs.

#8 Paul Bissonnette

Paul Bissonnette

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

LOL, not even close to good value for 2 of the best players in the nhl. Henrik is an ironman, and will likely play longer than Rick Nash. Rick nash is one of the most overrated and overpaid players in the nhl. He has not even hit 80 points before, and he is not even close to 2 100 point players. Jack Johnson is good, but not nearly good enough to make up that difference.

#9 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Just throwing this out there,and I know it's not going to happen. BUT!

The twins at $12.2 total for Nash $7.8 and Johnson $4.357.

Nash/Kesler/Burrows

Why I would do this is it's makes for a more physical first line for the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I love Hank and Daniel but I'm really sick and tired of watching them get pushed around in the playoffs.
Given the fact that some other players will probably get traded this summer a second line center should not be hard to find.
Your opinons please, and keep an open mind.

Without Twins, this team is nothing man. Get rid of Twins for Rick Nash? They guy who puts up only 60 points and hasn't won a playoff game. Man talk about being stupid. The Sedins are like the Messi of the Canucks. You get rid of them, and you might as well blow the whole thing. Canucks fans are the worst fans in the world. Not even Barca fans get on Messi's dick when he misses a penalty shot. Jesus christ, get a hold of yourself.

Posted Image

#10 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

LOL, not even close to good value for 2 of the best players in the nhl. Henrik is an ironman, and will likely play longer than Rick Nash. Rick nash is one of the most overrated and overpaid players in the nhl. He has not even hit 80 points before, and he is not even close to 2 100 point players. Jack Johnson is good, but not nearly good enough to make up that difference.

Rick Nash is so overrated and overpaid that it is STUPID. People here think of him as a demi-god. Trade Luongo or Booth for Nash and I will be okay but not satisfied due to his contract. Trade the Sedins for Nash and am calling the mental hospital.

Posted Image

#11 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

The Jackets will probably want younger pieces for Nash even then the value in this deal is simply not good. Sedins are worth more than this.

Rick Nash is so overrated and overpaid that it is STUPID. People here think of him as a demi-god. Trade Luongo or Booth for Nash and I will be okay but not satisfied due to his contract. Trade the Sedins for Nash and am calling the mental hospital.

Nash is worth more than Luongo or Booth. Guy is 27 years old and has hit 30 goals for the past 5 straight years. He also managed that without a no.1 center which imo is quite impressive. Put Nash along with playmaking center and you might get a season out of him like Gaborik had this year. Nash maybe overrated but he is still a star in this league and a very good goalscorer, those don't come cheap. His contract is a bit of an issue but it isn't one of those contracts that lasts till he is 40.

Edited by Toews, 25 April 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#12 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Your proposal, I thought was a joke based on the title. Then I read it, and did this :picard:

Why do you propose to trade ppg playoff players, when we struggled offensively in the post-season?

The Sedins were the only offense for us this post-season. Any idiot who gives a proposal of trading them should just quit being a Canuck fan. I wouldn't trade Sedins short of Malkin and Crosby coming here.

Posted Image

#13 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Halalula! These guys are going in the ring of honor as the two most potent offensive weapons (points-wise) we've ever had and I couldn't be happier :)
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#14 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

The Jackets will probably want younger pieces for Nash even then the value in this deal is simply not good. Sedins are worth more than this.

Yeah right, the Jackets want to win now, not 15 years from now. Jackets will take that deal and run like hell. So you don't think Jackets take that deal? Whats more important to the Jackets? make the playoffs or rebuild like the Oilers. Their GM might get fired next year if they don't make the playoffs.

Edited by Pouria, 25 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah right, the Jackets want to win now, not 15 years from now. Jackets will take that deal and run like hell. So you don't think Jackets take that deal? Whats more important to the Jackets? make the playoffs or rebuild like the Oilers. Their GM might get fired next year if they don't make the playoffs.

The only way this makes sense for them if they flip the Sedins for a better return elsewhere (and that is simply not practical as it essentially makes the organization look bad). I have heard the same tired old argument every time. The GM might get fired so he is going to make a move that makes no sense for his team. I am sorry but no GM will ever do that. Just look at what happened to the GMs that made stupid moves in order to stay competitive. You essentially torpedo your career by making these kind of deals because even though there is a good chance that Howson is canned he probably has hopes that he will get hired by another team.

#16 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Nash is worth more than Luongo or Booth. Guy is 27 years old and has hit 30 goals for the past 5 straight years. He also managed that without a no.1 center which imo is quite impressive. Put Nash along with playmaking center and you might get a season out of him like Gaborik had this year. Nash maybe overrated but he is still a star in this league and a very good goalscorer, those don't come cheap. His contract is a bit of an issue but it isn't one of those contracts that lasts till he is 40.

Sorry, if you think Luongo's value is low due to his contract, I also think Nash's value is low due to his contract. Nash is good, but is he $8 million/year good? That is Malkin and Crosby territory and Nash hasn't proved crap yet. Seriously his contract is worse than Bobby Lu and Lu is also a superstar in this league. Nash hasn't even cracked 80 points yet.

Posted Image

#17 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

The only way this makes sense for them if they flip the Sedins for a better return elsewhere (and that is simply not practical as it essentially makes the organization look bad). I have heard the same tired old argument every time. The GM might get fired so he is going to make a move that makes no sense for his team. I am sorry but no GM will ever do that. Just look at what happened to the GMs that made stupid moves in order to stay competitive. You essentially torpedo your career by making these kind of deals because even though there is a good chance that Howson is canned he probably has hopes that he will get hired by another team.

How long can the Blue Jackets miss the playoffs? Tell me? They don't have the time to rebuild like the Oilers and even then, it is not guaranteed that you will be a great team. The Blue Jackets would relocate before their players become impact players or they make the playoffs. Also trading Nash for Sedins would win you the GM of the year. Our GM is not stupid to do that deal with CBJ. You must be really stupid if you think CBJ won't do that deal. They would do it in a heart beat and throw in Johansson and their 2nd overall to boot. People in this board only think about the future or potential, they don't even think about the business side of the deal. Sedins will make CBJ money when they get into the playoffs.

Posted Image

#18 Toews

Toews

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

How long can the Blue Jackets miss the playoffs? Tell me? They don't have the time to rebuild like the Oilers and even then, it is not guaranteed that you will be a great team. The Blue Jackets would relocate before their players become impact players or they make the playoffs. Also trading Nash for Sedins would win you the GM of the year. Our GM is not stupid to do that deal with CBJ. You must be really stupid if you think CBJ won't do that deal. They would do it in a heart beat and throw in Johansson and their 2nd overall to boot. People in this board only think about the future or potential, they don't even think about the business side of the deal. Sedins will make CBJ money when they get into the playoffs.

Why? Because you say so? Columbus has not been brought up yet as a team to be relocated.

This is not a slight against the Sedins, it simply makes no sense for Columbus to trade for them especially considering that it is doubtful they sign with them once their contracts are up. I also said in a previous post that the Sedins would get more so stop insulting my intelligence and getting your panties in a bunch.

As far as adding Johansson and the second overall, that is a complete joke and even you know it. There will be a bidding war for Nash which will get them some nice young pieces to build around, it doesn't even have to be draft picks. Considering if the Rangers end up crashing out of the first round, Sather might be tempted to deal some of his young defenseman to acquire Nash. So yes they would be better off trading for those pieces rather than a couple of years of the Sedins. Adding the Sedins to an already poor team will probably bump them up from 15th to 12th. The Jackets have horrible goaltending, worse than mediocre blue line and hardly any offensive depth. There was a reason why they finished last this season.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.