The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Trading Luongo Will Not Bring Us Back One Highly Paid Superstar Player

all the tsn analyst say its gonna be a 1st pick and a solid prospect so thats what i expect and im perfectly fine with that...just freeing up an extra 5.3m on the cap does wonders

to ????: luongo

to van: solid prospect, 1st pick, 5.3m in cap space

i think thats a pretty good return for luongo and dont forget we still haft to re-sign schneider and that will cost us no less then 3.5m per year

Yzerman will trade us their 1st round pick and Connolly or maybe their 1st round pick and Teddy Purcell (MINIMUM). Tampa needs to make the PO next year and need PROVEN goaltending (not another unproven young goalie and not another Bryzgalov situation). No way Gillis will trade him for mid draft pick and 3rd liners.

Personally, am hoping for Purcell,Connolly or Panik + 2nd rounder.

Luongo has way more value then Gomez. Also, his cap hit at 5.3million is a steal given what Lundqvist and Rinne** are making. Luongo will be more then a salary dump.The fact that there is a clause in the contract that allows the team to trade or demote luongo in 4 years time is also a positive along with the fact that the big dollar salaries were heavily paid out the last couple years.

I don't think we will get an insane amount back from Luongo because of his contract. A productive player with a somewhat substantial cap hit and a prospect.

From Tampa I think Purcell, Aulie and a draft pick. From TO maybe Connolly, Franson and a draft pick.

I don't think we will get an insane amount back from Luongo because of his contract. A productive player with a somewhat substantial cap hit and a prospect.

From Tampa I think Purcell, Aulie and a draft pick. From TO maybe Connolly, Franson and a draft pick.

Teddy Purcell (2,36M) He has broken out over the last two seasons by scoring 51pts and 65pts respectively. Could be a valuable guy in the room and a productive player on the wing of Kesler.

Brett Connolly (1.63M) A BC native as we all know with great potential, but I'm not sure if Yzerman would be willing to give him up with St. Louis getting older. Also, we already have a young RW prospect to groom in Zack Kassian, but having more young talent wouldn't hurt.

Ryan Malone (4.5M) A gritty American winger who can out muscle most other players with his 6'4'' frame. Would be an interesting linemate for Kesler and Booth on our second line. He's a warrior and has playoff experience. Gillis NEEDS to get that second line going somehow and have them be consistent.....Malone may be what they need.

I've made this proposal before and I think it makes sense

Van

Luongo, Tanev, 1st (mid 20's)....they get their goalie, a young solid d prospect ready to be a regular player, and get to keep two first rounders

Tb

Malone, Connolly, TB's 1st (10th)

canucks get tougher with malone, but still keep the skill, a young blue chip power forward, and a high first pick.

Salaries even out, for the most part

We need defense. I don't know why everyone is so high on get a guy like Connolly. Sure he is going to be a great player someday but with Kassian and Jensen I would much rather go after a high profile defenseman like Hedman. Even if need be Luongo+1st for Hedman+Malone.

Archived