The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers' Proposed Arena To Have Futuristic Look, Unique Shape *updated May 16Th

Edmonton is nicer then so many goofs like yourself give it credit for. Ok I admit that that Vancouver is a beautiful city and is nicer. I've been there. Have you been to Edmonton? I doubt it. What is it either then the fact that its cold makes it such an awful place? 1 million people live in Edmonton buddy, it's a fact. I'm sure Vancouver has plenty of gross areas too. That's the case in every major city.

Edmonton is nicer then so many goofs like yourself give it credit for. Ok I admit that that Vancouver is a beautiful city and is nicer. I've been there. Have you been to Edmonton? I doubt it. What is it either then the fact that its cold makes it such an awful place? 1 million people live in Edmonton buddy, it's a fact. I'm sure Vancouver has plenty of gross areas too. That's the case in every major city.

Just heard this on am 1130. Apparently looks like it's going to be much more difficult to get approval for the Arena, and Katz is now considering the possibilities of relocating the team? W.t.F? NO f in way. But nope, not lying, it was on am1130. Apparently Lowe and Katz is not happy and will consider "other" options with one being relocating to another city if they can't get a new arena. In my point of view, it sounds like playing hard to get with the city. I know for a fact, Katz will never do such thing. But threatning actions for sure.

Just heard this on am 1130. Apparently looks like it's going to be much more difficult to get approval for the Arena, and Katz is now considering the possibilities of relocating the team? W.t.F? NO f in way. But nope, not lying, it was on am1130. Apparently Lowe and Katz is not happy and will consider "other" options with one being relocating to another city if they can't get a new arena. In my point of view, it sounds like playing hard to get with the city. I know for a fact, Katz will never do such thing. But threatning actions for sure.

Well that's interesting. Kinda hard to just BUY in Seattle when there's nothing to purchase.

That's not to say he makes a pitch for an underperforming team elsewhere in the league with the intent on moving it to Seattle, but that's easier said than done.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406068

Katz is a freaking a-hole. He has now retracted his offer of putting up 100$ million towards construction costs on the new building. He is assuming the tax payers would be willing to take the brunt of a 450$ million arena (now asking 475), while he has offered to only pay 5.5 million a year for the next decade in a lease agreement. He is also asking that 11 months of the year, the entire profit of the building is to go in his pocket- that includes close to 20$ million in concession sales annually. The only thing holding up this process is now Katz doesn't want to pay the estimated 10$ million a year in operating costs, he's asking the tax payers to take a 6$ million subsidy off of this operating cost. Katz is willing to pay 5.5$ million back to the city for what is a huge gift, while asking for 6$ million in cover operating costs. This guy is a clown.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406068

Katz is a freaking a-hole. He has now retracted his offer of putting up 100$ million towards construction costs on the new building. He is assuming the tax payers would be willing to take the brunt of a 450$ million arena (now asking 475), while he has offered to only pay 5.5 million a year for the next decade in a lease agreement. He is also asking that 11 months of the year, the entire profit of the building is to go in his pocket- that includes close to 20$ million in concession sales annually. The only thing holding up this process is now Katz doesn't want to pay the estimated 10$ million a year in operating costs, he's asking the tax payers to take a 6$ million subsidy off of this operating cost. Katz is willing to pay 5.5$ million back to the city for what is a huge gift, while asking for 6$ million in cover operating costs. This guy is a clown.

Archived