The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] Raymond, Malhotra Might Not Fit In Picture Next Season

-Vintage Canuck-

Will we see both of them in a Canucks Uniform?  

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't mind Manny going back to being a 3rd line center if he can put up at least 30 points next year and finish a +10 or higher. Hansen, Manny and Higgins is a very solid checking line and would hopefully put up at least 45 goals in the process.

Raymond is a goner, no ifs or buts. Assuming Booth remains on the team (and I think he will), the Canucks will need a play-making winger to play on the 2nd line.

I don't see how MG can keep Raymond if he really wants to give a guy like Jensen a shot UNLESS MG is fine with having a $1-2M contract sitting in the press box.

In fact, if the Canucks are going to graduate guys from the Wolves, they have to make room for them in the top 9 IMO. Keeping Raymond creates competition, yes, but is it worth it at this point? In my opinion, the answer is no.

cut the fat....lean and mean is the way to go on the bottom of the roster...fight for there ice time...their roster spots should never be "gauranteed"..makes for soft complacent performance, there needs to be more of a battle for ice time ie a push from the bottom six (which was one thing Hodgson did..) players get cut it happens..I hate trap checking style hockey but that's what the playoff's are now.When a ref put's the whistle away you fear for player's like Manny or Raymond.

I agree with this article in that Raymond and Malholtra are the odd men out. I wish we could unload Booth's contract too but that's very unlikely. In terms of our players next year:

Sedins/Burr

Booth_Kesler ______

Hansen____Higgins

____Lapierre Kassian

In my opinion we have 3 spots which could use significant upgrading. Burr, Hansen, Higgins, and Lapierre are moneyball players in my mind (you're not going to get much better for the amount they make).....this leaves us with 3 spots that could use significant upgrades.....however, I don't think you can get rid of Booth's contract.

Those 3 spots will be relying on: trades (ie. what Luongo can bring back), emerging prospects (are Schroeder or Jensen or Rodin going to make a push?), or Free agents .

Also, does Kassian have to be a top 6 next year to develop properly? Maybe he moves up to the third .....

I would be shocked if Raymond is back next season.. How long are we gonna keep going back to this "25" goal season of his; the guy is useless in the playoffs. Malholtra would be the perfect 4th line center if only he was making a million less but i don't see the team trading him.

Think it's time to part ways with Raymond, hope he can be included in a trade with one of our goalies at draft day.

Well that's what I'am predicting anyways.

As for Manny, I think he has been just fine. Would like to see him play out his contract.

Really hope we get a good winger for kes. In our goalie trade.

Archived