The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classy Bruins Fans

Visp

wait so when thousands of vancouver fans riot downtown, they're not "real fans" but when maybe a hundred bruins fans post racist things online, they reflect the real boston?

not to mention the couple of racist posts i noticed last night on cdc in the series thread after the goal, or the comments on immigrants in the burrows to the WC thread....

seriously you guys are obsessed with boston, looking for every little thing to pick on. it's been a year since the bruins beat vancouver, get over it.

As much as I dislike Bruins and their fans, let's not generalize this level of racism to the entire Boston fanbase. Shame on the select few idiots who chose to make comments like this; they should be ashamed to be calling themselves hockey fans. However, I know they represent a VERY small minority and people are blowing things out of proportion here.

It's like the Vancouver riots in a different perspective. As Vancouverites, we know that the rioters just were a bunch of hooligans that were not true fans. We get angry when the rest of the world points to the entire Vancouver fanbase, because we know it's not true. It's embarrassing that these people "represent" us. Same goes for Boston.

Its sad indeed but I'm completed not surprised by this at all.

1) Bruins are sore losers AND sore winners. This was proven time and time again, no more obviously than last year when they beat the Canucks and then MONTHS later were still taking jabs at our team and its fans

2) Many Bruins fans have proven that they are pretty low on the IQ list.. you read just some of the commentary on their forums and even on TSN/CBC and its painfully obvious. That said, this is on a whole other level of intolerance.. disgrace doesn't even cut it.

If I were a Bruins fan I wouldn't take a jab at any fan of any other fanbase or any other team.. Sure, the majority of Bruins fan will detest this action, but like so many people paint our town to be all rioters and crybabies, so too will their town be classified as racist, intolerant and ignorant.

Hope you like how that feels Boston.. maybe you won't be so quick to point the finger this time around.

Pretty disgusting stuff. Obviously there are some very sore losers in Boston right now. What did Joel Ward do wrong, other than score the series winning goal in overtime of Game 7? I'm sure most of those fans wouldn't have the guts to say it to his face. He's an NHL player and would easily kick their ass. Obviously most Boston fans weren't involved though.

I hope some of the Boston fans that were bashing the entire Vancouver city learn a lesson. Some of the same ones that generalized the whole city based on a small percentage of people will probably be lumped in with the racist ones, a taste of their own medicine.

Its sad indeed but I'm completed not surprised by this at all.

1) Bruins are sore losers AND sore winners. This was proven time and time again, no more obviously than last year when they beat the Canucks and then MONTHS later were still taking jabs at our team and its fans

2) Many Bruins fans have proven that they are pretty low on the IQ list.. you read just some of the commentary on their forums and even on TSN/CBC and its painfully obvious. That said, this is on a whole other level of intolerance.. disgrace doesn't even cut it.

If I were a Bruins fan I wouldn't take a jab at any fan of any other fanbase or any other team.. Sure, the majority of Bruins fan will detest this action, but like so many people paint our town to be all rioters and crybabies, so too will their town be classified as racist, intolerant and ignorant.

Hope you like how that feels Boston.. maybe you won't be so quick to point the finger this time around.

The 3rd race related issue involving a black player this season.

Hockey really looks bad for having so few black players the list of racist events involving these players is far bigger then the list of black players who never experienced it. What's truly sick though is you see it from the fans, players, and front office people.

"Bruins Fans"??

None of these people are actual fans, they are just bandwaggoners. No real fan would make comments like that. Hell, most of these "fans" left the arena before acknowledging the team.

Boston doesn't deserve a hockey team.

Better be careful about the holier than thou attitude, it wasn't too long ago Luongo was being booed in his own rink. It's ok for us to riot and boo our own team, but Boston fans are held to a higher standard?

Not sure if your memory is short, or just selective.

Archived