The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classy Bruins Fans

Visp

Considering the team they cheer for, and how they "win" I am not one bit surprised this is going on from Boston fans. I am completly disgusted that these idiots are part of the NHL fan base I trully hope the NHL steps in and fines and / or takes away draft picks from the Bruins. As an organization you are responsible for your fans behavior, whether thats fair or not, its fact.

Considering the team they cheer for, and how they "win" I am not one bit surprised this is going on from Boston fans. I am completly disgusted that these idiots are part of the NHL fan base I trully hope the NHL steps in and fines and / or takes away draft picks from the Bruins. As an organization you are responsible for your fans behavior, whether thats fair or not, its fact.

wow, just wow, disgusting. I have friends that live in boston and i know that the average joe doesnt feel/think like this. Just like the average person here didnt riot. But racism in 2012 that blatant is just pathetic.

Im sure that was meant tongue in cheek

But, nothing takes away and lessens Our riot, just because of some other fans stupidity IMO

I was also suprised how quickly the fans left the building after the team that gave them the Stanley Cup last year lost

Sure looks like this isn't going to go away quietly, and rightfully so.

CTV British Columbia@CTVBC

BREAKING TREND: Bruins Fans Calling Washington Capitals Joel Ward N-Word

Even other hockey players are getting involved:

Alexander Semin@alexsemin

Hockey fans: some friendly trash talking is fine, but the racist comments directed at #Caps Joel Ward are truly shameful.

As much as I dislike Bruins and their fans, let's not generalize this level of racism to the entire Boston fanbase. Shame on the select few idiots who chose to make comments like this; they should be ashamed to be calling themselves hockey fans. However, I know they represent a VERY small minority and people are blowing things out of proportion here.

It's like the Vancouver riots in a different perspective. As Vancouverites, we know that the rioters just were a bunch of hooligans that were not true fans. We get angry when the rest of the world points to the entire Vancouver fanbase, because we know it's not true. It's embarrassing that these people "represent" us. Same goes for Boston.

You'd think they would be all over Knuble for you know the interference on Thomas which caused the goal, Clearly should of be disallowed. NHL ref's at their best! But you know the Boston fans I know are delinquents and then only thing they understand about hockey is that people fight and there is ice involved.

Archived