The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

I think he's headed to Toronto because if there's anything he wants for the rest of his career it will be winning a cup for Toronto, TB has no history and that's where he'll retire but who knows where he wants to play.

I think he mentioned Toronto because deep down he's choked at Vancouver and the 2nd best thing to playing to Vancouver would be Toronto.

He knows what Gillis thinks of Burke anyway.

Schenn and Kulemin.

Toronto retains depth and solve their goaltending problem for 5 years.

I think he's headed to Toronto because if there's anything he wants for the rest of his career it will be winning a cup for Toronto, TB has no history and that's where he'll retire but who knows where he wants to play.

I think he mentioned Toronto because deep down he's choked at Vancouver and the 2nd best thing to playing to Vancouver would be Toronto.

He knows what Gillis thinks of Burke anyway.

Schenn and Kulemin.

Toronto retains depth and solve their goaltending problem for 5 years.

Reading through the thread I came across many people expressing their desire to not trade Luongo because of what he has done...While it is absolutely true that Lu has done so much for this franchise I don't see any reason why we shouldn't move him if the right offer came along.

After all Linden, Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison and Ohlund all among our franchise leaders in one category or another have either been traded or not retained for various reasons so I don't see how Luongo becomes immovable because of what he's done.

I say if the offer comes in that will further the team take it regardless of the legacy associated with the player (Same goes for Schneider and everyone else on the team)

If we do trade Luongo though I hope we get a pick to draft Forsberg and either an impact winger or defensive defenseman (our biggest needs)

I kind of like it. Lecavalier had a .77PPG and Plekanec had .64PPG. I think Lecavalier is a better player and brings much needed size to Montreal's lineup. Lecavalier would get to be a number 1 centre again and could regain his ppg form (he was great in Tampa's playoff run) in 10-11. To top it off Lecavalier is a french canadian, which is an added bonus.

Montreal upgrades.

Tampa gets their much needed goalie, one who they have wanted for a long time. They take on Luongos super huge contract but get to dump Lecavalier's. Lecavalier was not earning his salary as a second line centre.

Tampa improves.

Vancouver gets a defensively aware playmaking centre. Kesler is not a very good playmaker, and Booth is a pure goal guy. I think Plekanec and Booth would have good chemistry.

Vancouver improves.

All teams get a key piece they are missing while swapping big contracts. Win-win all around. Lecavalier and Luongo get added responsibility in key roles (where the excelled in the past) and Plekanec moves into a second/third line role that he is more suited for (he is not a first line centre)

I would revamp the offence if I were Mike gillis

Trade 1 (Bad contracts for Bad contracts)

To Tampa:

Luongo

Ballard

(total 9.5 mil in cap space)

To Vancouver:

Lecavalier

Ohlund

(total 11.2 mil in cap space)

Ohlund then to LTIR

Trade 2: Vancouver Anaheim

To Vancouver:

Ryan Getzlaf

(5.2 mil in cap space)

To Anaheim:

Ryan Kesler

Mason Raymond

(7.7 mil in cap space)

Trade 3: Vancouver Nashville

To Vancouver:

Anders Lindback

To Nashville:

Lack + 3rd rounder

Lines:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Lecavalier Getzlaf Booth

Higgins Pahlsson Hansen

Malholtra Lappy Kassian

Bieksa Hamhuis

Salo Edler

Tanev Ohlund

Schneider

Lindback

I would revamp the offence if I were Mike gillis

Trade 1 (Bad contracts for Bad contracts)

To Tampa:

Luongo

Ballard

(total 9.5 mil in cap space)

To Vancouver:

Lecavalier

Ohlund

(total 11.2 mil in cap space)

Ohlund then to LTIR

Trade 2: Vancouver Anaheim

To Vancouver:

Ryan Getzlaf