The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

Typical Cdc response. If Rinne was a Canucks goaltender and had "one or two games off", believe me we couldn't get rid of this guy. His contract would be immovable, only way he goes is if we take back Lecavalier.

Fans and these so called "Analysts" on tsn/sportsnet don't know the true value of any player.

Let the GM's do their job.

PJ Stock said that Montreal ought to package up Plekanec & their 2012 1st rounder for that big, power #1 centre so...

To MTL: Vinny Lecavalier & a 1st round pick (Vancouver's?)

To VAN: Tomas Plekanec & a 1st round pick (Tampa's?)

To TBL: Roberto Luongo & a 1st round pick (Montreal's?)

I would revamp the offence if I were Mike gillis Trade 1 (Bad contracts for Bad contracts) To Tampa: Luongo Ballard (total 9.5 mil in cap space) To Vancouver: Lecavalier Ohlund (total 11.2 mil in cap space) Ohlund then to LTIR

Lines

Bieksa Hamhuis

Salo Edler

Tanev Ohlund

I'd rather have us trade Schneider than Luongo. Luongo is still an elite goalie, and will continue to be one for the next few years. Schneider has had the benefit of playing behind the league's best team, and yes he has been stellar on many occasions, but can he handle playing 60-70 games?

If Gillis made Hodgson into something that they could trade, what's to say he isn't doing that with Schneider?

A hockey market that won't tear him apart, plus a goalie coaching staff that he works with in the off-season already.

He likely won't win a cup there any time soon, but Burke is an ambitious GM, and having Luongo would make them much better and more attractive.

Doesn't seem that ridiculous to me

I'd rather have us trade Schneider than Luongo. Luongo is still an elite goalie, and will continue to be one for the next few years. Schneider has had the benefit of playing behind the league's best team, and yes he has been stellar on many occasions, but can he handle playing 60-70 games?

If Gillis made Hodgson into something that they could trade, what's to say he isn't doing that with Schneider?

Agree.....somewhat

Im more of a Schneider fan but we may be better off trading him as the return should be better. That being said, i trust the Gillis camp will make the right decision to make our team better next year.

Well i believe that Lu is definitely gone. Not to Toronto though....i think he is headed to Tampa Bay. Not sure what we will get for it....not much though given his contract.

If i was Lu you couldn't pack me up fast enough.....i'm not a huge fan but lets face it. He is the best goalie this team has ever had and he got abused by media and fans daily. I wish him luck and thank him for his time here.

Vancouver is definitely the goalie graveyard of the NHL....i hope Schneider has thick skin because he will need it. When this team loses its 75% goalie fault 20% Sedins fault......seems as though rest of team and AV only 5% responsible.

Thats just the mentality of the media and the fans in Vancouver....sad really

Archived