Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Luongo To Submit Shortlist (Chicago, Florida, Toronto, Tampa Bay)

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#301 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

I want to get in on the 3 way trades!!!!

To TB - Luongo

To SJ - Lecavalier

To Van - Joe Thornton

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Thornton Kesler

Dat Depth :bigblush:

Edited by MegaNuck, 04 May 2012 - 02:19 AM.

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#302 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

I want to get in on the 3 way trades!!!!

To TB - Luongo

To SJ - Lecavalier

To Van - Joe Thornton

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Thornton Kesler

Dat Depth :bigblush:

I'll forgive the ridiculous proposal just for how sick that 2nd line would be. At least on paper...
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#303 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

No way to Thornton, overrated and does zip in the playoffs. Way past his prime.

#304 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

the myth continues
GO Canucks GO

#305 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Perfect playoff linemate for the sedins in that case :D

#306 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

the myth continues

He hasnt scored more then 3 goals in any playoff year. Not a myth its a fact. Never takes a team on his back only tough when he plays against guys he knows wont fight (i.e. sedin).

#307 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'll forgive the ridiculous proposal just for how sick that 2nd line would be. At least on paper...

hey, I never said it was believable. Besides, there's no rational trade proposals on these boards ever!

Posted Image

"I can say and be whoever I want on the Internet because Anonymity is my guardian" -- Majority of CDC posters

#308 MegaNuck

MegaNuck

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

He hasnt scored more then 3 goals in any playoff year. Not a myth its a fact. Never takes a team on his back only tough when he plays against guys he knows wont fight (i.e. sedin).

He fought Getzlaf and challenged Kesler (who declined). Besides, he would not be the go to guy on a Canuck team that had the Sedins as their front line guys. With less pressure and not fairing top pairing dmen, he could thrive.

It's beyond a stretch to say that trade would occur but I think you're incorrect in assessing Thornton's abilities and what he has left in the tank.

He's an elite passer and being paired with 2 guys who just put their head down and shoot could do wonders for Booth and Kesler.

Posted Image

#309 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Lui in Chicago would be awesome, the story lines there would be epic if the Nuck and Hawks met in the playoffs... but doubt the Hawks have much of a appetite for Lui.

#310 Canuckesler

Canuckesler

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

i still really like luongo but its time for a change and we need better lines we already got 2 A+ Goalies
bye luuuuuuu!!!

Edited by Canuckesler, 05 May 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#311 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Not counting these playoffs, Thornton was a BIG playoff producer in the last playoffs, when the Sharks made it to the third round.

Edited by Matthew Lombardi 18, 05 May 2012 - 05:36 PM.

Eklund said:

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#312 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Torres also injured Thorton last year.

#313 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

This is intriguing in all respects!

But TBL is getting a massive win receiving Lou and Montreal's (very valuable) first for a contract that anyone would be 10 times more desperate to dump than Lou's.

Plekanec & upgrading our first is decent value for us, so I would bite!!! More likely version of deal;

Montreal > Lecavalier + Van 1st
TBL > Lou (plus cap relief of $2.4)
Van > Plekanec + TBL 1st

Issues; is Montreal's new GM gonna bite on a contract right after Gomez? Can Stevie Y swallow giving up a first considering they are still a rebuilding team? I think he has to, this deal is done in a second as Vinny is owed nearly $13 mill more than Lou. They have real money (not cap) & goaltending problems, where Montreal & Vancouver don't.

:bigblush:

PJ Stock said that Montreal ought to package up Plekanec & their 2012 1st rounder for that big, power #1 centre so...

To MTL: Vinny Lecavalier & a 1st round pick (Vancouver's?)

To VAN: Tomas Plekanec & a 1st round pick (Tampa's?)

To TBL: Roberto Luongo & a 1st round pick (Montreal's?)

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 06 May 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#314 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

This is intriguing in all respects!

But TBL is getting a massive win receiving Lou and Montreal's (very valuable) first for a contract that anyone would be 10 times more desperate to dump than Lou's.

Plekanec & upgrading our first is decent value for us, so I would bite!!! More likely version of deal;

Montreal > Lecavalier + Van 1st
TBL > Lou (plus cap relief of $2.4)
Van > Plekanec + TBL 1st

Issues; is Montreal's new GM gonna bite on a contract right after Gomez? Can Stevie Y swallow giving up a first considering they are still a rebuilding team? I think he has to, this deal is done in a second as Vinny is owed nearly $13 mill more than Lou. They have real money (not cap) & goaltending problems, where Montreal & Vancouver don't.

:bigblush:

vinny lecavalier is past his prime and he's definitely not worth a 1st rounder from any team considering his ridiculous cap for a player that have no speed.

#315 Dale Gribble

Dale Gribble

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

Doubt Luongo is leaving and sadly the same for Coach V. IF Luongo does leave, I would hate to see him go to Tampa because I don't see any worth coming from a trade with them. Hedman is overrated, Lecavalier is old same with St. louis, Stamkos will be impossible to move, and Malone is no were near worth Luongo. So please no trade to Tampa.

#316 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

Lecavalier is overpaid but he's not going anywhere. He's their heart and soul of that Tampa team.

Eklund said:

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#317 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Doubt Luongo is leaving and sadly the same for Coach V. IF Luongo does leave, I would hate to see him go to Tampa because I don't see any worth coming from a trade with them. Hedman is overrated, Lecavalier is old same with St. louis, Stamkos will be impossible to move, and Malone is no were near worth Luongo. So please no trade to Tampa.

don't expect to win the deal when trading luongo were gettting rid of a bad contract the canucks will have to take a bad contract back and if that means ohlund (just throwing it out there) or lecavalier then its worth it

also you have to look at it as the canucks get to keep schneider for a very long time

#318 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm personally expecting young prospects to come back, something in the lines of Brett Connoly, and their 1st round pick and something else. I do agree with you, Malone is good, but no way would I take him as a trade for Luongo, bad contract, Hedman, hasn't been that good the past 2 seasons, he's been alright, I would take him, I would also understand if Tampa doesen't want to move him, because in 3-4 years, he's going to be a beast in the making.

This is how a I see it.

If the slab of meat Dustin Penner got the Oilers a 1st round pick, and a1st round pick prospect from 2008...

and if Thomas Voukoun at the time, 32 years old, got the Nashville predators the 8th pick....

and if unproven Varlamov is worth a 1st round pick....

Look what Chris Pronger brought to the Ducks.

what do you guys honestly think Luongo is worth? NO stupid fans can use the excuse that he's "untradeable" because by trading him, it means he is tradeable.

So yes, anyone that wants Luongo, it will come with a price. Despite some major meltdowns, He has proven to play the game at the highest level, so yes, anyone here wants Roberto Luongo? It's gonna cost ya. I know , I know, don't need to tell me, we aren't expecting that much, but I'm going to imagine, that team might be giving up a player they don't want to move.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 07 May 2012 - 08:25 PM.

November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#319 aur0ra

aur0ra

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

I'm sorry but the idiocy of the three way trades with such high end players and picks is causing my brain to hemmorage.
I honestly can't believe some of you would consider these legitimate proposals LOL!
If Lou is traded to a Western Conference team (Chicago), or a division team (Edmonton), the offer to Vancouver would have to be incredible. I would imagine Toronto is going to give us a decent enough offer of a roster player (Liles, Schenn), a pick (2nd rounder), and a B-List prospect or young 4th liner for Lou. As much as Tampa or Florida would want Lou, those teams can't afford the contract. Tampa in particular would have to give us a contract back (ie St. Louis), b/c they've already got Lecav, Ohlund, St. Louis, and Brewer long term.
Vancouver absolutely needs a top notch, affordable, puck moving right handed defenceman next year (preferably two, and Ballard can duke it out at camp for a roster spot or AHL demotion); a veteran back up goalie (Vokoun, Harding?); a big nasty 3rd line center that can win faceoffs and chip in the odd goal (Or Lappy needs to take his game to a much higher level); it would be nice to see any of Salo, Whitney, Doan, or Samuelsson sign a contract with us next season.
I honestly don't think getting rid of Lou's contract is going to help much with cap space, i think a Vet backup and snd Schneiders raise are going to eat any benefit to the Canucks.

#320 GBOY

GBOY

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Schenn/Kadri , 2012 2nd rounder, mid level prospect or another 2nd rounder and Colby Armstrong. That would be the least i would accept from the leafs. The Colby Armstrong is just a salary dump for there part to make it work.

#321 canadiangunner

canadiangunner

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

He fought Getzlaf and challenged Kesler (who declined). Besides, he would not be the go to guy on a Canuck team that had the Sedins as their front line guys. With less pressure and not fairing top pairing dmen, he could thrive.

It's beyond a stretch to say that trade would occur but I think you're incorrect in assessing Thornton's abilities and what he has left in the tank.

He's an elite passer and being paired with 2 guys who just put their head down and shoot could do wonders for Booth and Kesler.

Yeah makes a ton of sense, lets make him the highest paid player on the team, take on his 7 million dollar a year salary for another 2 years and then tell him he's not our go to guy, makes so much sense. Also, goes well with Gillis's comments that team needs to get younger. Plus lets make sure we eat another 1.8million in cap space in the process (5.3 vs 7). Thornton is past his prime and has a terrible contract no way does gillis touch that.

#322 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Schenn/Kadri , 2012 2nd rounder, mid level prospect or another 2nd rounder and Colby Armstrong. That would be the least i would accept from the leafs. The Colby Armstrong is just a salary dump for there part to make it work.

I'm going to be honest with you. Schenn along as a player, I don't like. He will be competing with Raymond as the players we will be screaming to get rid of. Kadri is an ok prospect, good to have, but I think we can do better. 2nd rounders are totally useless to us, Colby Armstrong, is f in dirty player. He's physical but dirty and chippy as hell.

So we want to trade a star goalie for a number 4 defencemen, a prospect that has the ability to be a number 2 centerman, 2 rnd round picks and 3rd line player? Toronto runs away laughing. Toronto wants him? It's going to cost them

5th pick
Jake Gardiner,
Nazm Kadri
conditional first round pick if they make it to the 3rd round within 3 seasons, if not its a 2nd pick. That's what I will ask from Toronto. You can laugh at me all you want. I've seen what the Flyers were willing to give up for Pronger, Ive seen what the Penguins were willing to give up for UFA Hossa, and we've seen what Devils were willing to give up for Kovalcuk. Heck Dustin Penner was traded for the Kings 1st round pick and Colten Teurbert who was also a first round pick in 2008!
If not, I am happy with us hanging on to Luongo.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 09 May 2012 - 11:58 PM.

November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#323 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,448 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

I think trading Luongo to Tampa for Ohlund, Connolly & a pick is a very intriguing package because it essentially opens up $9m of cap room with Ohlund most assuredly headed for a very prolonged stint on LTIR.

Gillis could give Schneider a contract with a $3.6m cap hit and still free up $5.33m to add a big name free agent(s). Add in the freed up $2.55m from Raymond's expiring contract and suddenly he's in the Parise sweepstakes with $7.88m to play with.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#324 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

Intriguing MGD. Ohlund could retire as a Canuck, but what happens if he comes back to play? What if he's lost several steps and can't play at the level he did before?

But then again, with Ohlund on LTIR we could land that game changing piece this franchise needs to put our over the top.

#325 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

a llot of guys on here are undervaluing luu
Posted Image

#326 doobiedoodoo

doobiedoodoo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

If Jeff Carter can fletch J. Johnson and a 1st rounder.............

#327 Vanfansince88

Vanfansince88

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Schneider
Vancouver 1st
Ballard
Alberts
Tanev
For
Edmonton 1st
Whitney

#328 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Luongo to TBL for Detroits first and TBL's Three second rounders,then use some combination of the now two firsts and four seconds to trade for Perry or Ryan.
TBL gets a goalie and keeps Connoly and their first.
ANA gets an oppurtunity to rebuild their team still holding the Getzlaf asset and one other.
VAN gets the dangerous winger to open up the Sedins cycling areas.

Edited by westcoast, 19 May 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#329 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Schneider
Vancouver 1st
Ballard
Alberts
Tanev
For
Edmonton 1st
Whitney

Plan the parade. :frantic:

#330 Vanfansince88

Vanfansince88

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Plan the parade. :frantic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.